OBBLM new league. Do coaches add themselves?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

OBBLM new league. Do coaches add themselves?

Post by Talarius »

Hi,

I'm just getting started with OBBLM and a brand new league in my area. Once I've created the site (done... barely), do I need to manually add each coach to the league in OBBLM as an admin or can they do it themselves?

Seeing all the threads in here on OBBLM is a little intimidating as I have ~0.01% coding skills.

Reason: ''
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

You can set it up so the coaches register themselves - as the admin you can then approve them.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: OBBLM new league. Do coaches add themselves?

Post by Shteve0 »

Yep, they can add themselves - as an admin you'll get an email to activate them when they do :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

Specifically, it's the settings_modules.php file in the root folder that you need to adjust. This is where you can specify the admin email address for registration notices.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Technically I believe all admins receive an email, but yes, good point

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

I'll double-check that to make sure it's correct. Thanks guys! :D

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

Alright, I thought I'd done it correctly, but I just got an email from one of my coaches saying, "I have attempted to register but got an error that the email notification to admin wasn't generated."

Here's the settings_modules.php file I modified. Highlighted text has my email address in it instead of the example shown. Is there something else I need to do?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Not that I can think of. Can you go back to the root and check there are no further email address fields in settings.php please?

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

Looking in settings.php located in the public_html folder, I'm not seeing any email address fields. If that's not the right location, let me know.

None of my coaches could register, so I created logins and passwords myself and now they're building their teams and getting ready for Round 1 of the season.

When trying to test "schedule matches" it seems like you have to start a "tournament" in order to do so, even if you are running a league environment, so I started a tournament called "Season 1" and am hoping this is correct?

Thanks for the assistance. Everyone is pretty excited to start this league. :D

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I can take a look at it on the server. What is your name?

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Your admin user account is not configured with an email account. The email account in the settings is the from address. It sends an email to all of the admins for your league. Set that and test it out.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

We're at www.babbl.obblm.com

I will try and figure out this admin thing; not sure where to look exactly, but thanks for the help!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Will means that you need to go to your coach page and add an email address in your profile. Since you're an admin, it will notify you at that address when someone signs up.

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

Oh! So simple... testing in 3, 2, 1... and it works! Lol. I assumed that it was something in the code that I'd missed putting in. D'oh! :oops:

Thanks guys!