Autocomplete on fresh install of naflm

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Autocomplete on fresh install of naflm

Post by siggyllama »

Hi, I'm running a fresh install of the naflm fork of obblm on http://blockem.happypanic.net/. (Thanks for keeping the code open source, very cool of you.)
As you can see, I've ported over my league data from my old obblm league, and added a league_prefs table... plus modified a small number of table column definitions to match changes I saw in the new table structure. But maybe I didn't catch something because:

When I try to schedule matches, the autocomplete does not happen for team names. Which means I can't actually select a team to schedule the match.

I'm running PHP 5.5.32. I don't know AJAX so hoping for a pointer on where the problem might be. Any help appreciated!

Reason: ''
rythos42
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Autocomplete on fresh install of naflm

Post by rythos42 »

Hey hey!

I'm currently leading a lot of the NAFLM code changes (at Shteve0's request), so hopefully I should be able to help you out!

The installation is not as fluid as I'd like. Creating a league_prefs table and that other stuff doesn't need to be done -- there is a file "upgrade.php" in the root of your installation that you need to navigate to. Then click the version you're upgrading from and click "Run upgrade SQLs". Do this until you've hit the top of the list. (You may need to remove the changes you did already...or may not).

If that doesn't solve the problem, find your php error log file and send me the contents. Unfortunately, the error message I see at the top of your site isn't specific enough for me to help you out right now.

As for the autocomplete, I'm hoping this SQL error is causing it. I found and fixed an autocomplete issue a few weeks ago. Are you trying to schedule matches on the admin page, or the coach page? I'll take a look at the admin page, because the coach page is the one I fixed.

Lastly, if you want you can e-mail me at rythos42 at gmail.com. I made a login for this site to write this stuff out. >.>

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Autocomplete on fresh install of naflm

Post by siggyllama »

Trying to schedule on the Admin page. I will email you with more details. Thanks for the offer! I'm very excited at the active development and really appreciate you making the code open source.