Best League Manager

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Best League Manager

Post by graeme27uk »

Does anyone know the best and easiest / user friendly League Manager? I could continue creating the one I have on Excel and continue to build it's functionality but if there is something out there that does the job then more than happy to use that.

I know there is the OBBLM but the thought of playing around with coding scares me. I've signed up though so we will see.

What do other people use? Good ole pen and paper I guess at the end of the day but something electronic would make it easier.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Best League Manager

Post by Darkson »

graeme27uk wrote:I know there is the OBBLM but the thought of playing around with coding scares me. I've signed up though so we will see.
If you join via the NAF, and just run a basic league there's no coding needed (it's what I use).

Otherwise there's the Halfling Scribe: http://bbowl.gmxhome.de/scribe/scribe.htm which is a very good Excel sheet (run a couple of leagues using that).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yep, we can sort you out easy peasy.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by graeme27uk »

Does this mean I need to buy subscription to the NAF? I used to have it ages ago but it must have run out.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

It's a free service we provide to our current members, yep.

http://thenafdev.obblm.com/index.php?se ... uestleague

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Our league uses OBBLM and from the user side it's pretty intuitive.

2 guys in our league set it up over a weekend. And from what I hear, getting OBBLM up and running was the easy part - the big PITA was entering a year and a half worth of league results by hand ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

And getting more intuitive by the month. The NAF runs a custom fork of OBBLM we've developed, called NAFLM - and everything from welcome message, banner text, league logo, front page tables, player bounties and custom css are now handled entirely from the front end.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co