OBBLM weird problem

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

OBBLM weird problem

Post by Hegel »

Everything worked fine so far, since more than two years now, but now I get very strange errors.

First, tried to hire a new player for an existing team. Error message :

"PROCEDURE 37897m27672_3.getPlayerRels does not exist" (37897m27672_3 is the name of the database)
Player existed after that but with 0000 stat line and MNG.

Then tried to fire this player. Error :

"PROCEDURE 37897m27672_3.getPlayerDProps does not exist"
Nevertheless player is gone.

Tried to create a new team. Error :

"PROCEDURE 37897m27672_3.getTeamDProps does not exist" again. Team existed after that but without race and coach entries.

Link to the web site : http://www.bomfur.de/obblm/index.php?section=main

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Which team?

Second question, have you updated anything lately?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Without seeing the exact issue, I'd suggest checking your log for anything unusual and running the database sync tools.

Edit: Actually, maybe also check your php/sql versions haven't changed - could be worth confirming with your host whether that's the case.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Re: OBBLM weird problem

Post by Hegel »

@Shteve0 - thanks for the reply !

It seems to be a provider problem. I exported the database, downloaded all files and imported everything to a local XAMPP installation. Here at least the issues mentioned above do not occur.

Neither on the original website nor in XAMPP I can´t access the core panel. On the website an empty page comes up, in XAMPP I get an error message (Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'match_id' (T_STRING) in D:\xampp-portable\htdocs\forum\obblm\lib\class_sqlcore.php on line 96).

Versions :

1. Website :
Database Server Version: 5.6.30 - Source distribution
Apache/2.2.31
Database-Client Version: libmysql - mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $
PHP-Extension: mysqli

2.XAMPP
Software version: 5.5.27 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Apache/2.4.3 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1c PHP/5.4.7
Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: b0b3b15c693b7f6aeb3aa66b646fee339f175e39 $
PHP extension: mysql

Is the highlighted difference of any significance ?

Thanks a lot for helping !

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

The error messages you are getting refer to MySQL Procedures that are part of the database (they do the grunt work in adding/removing teams and players and making sure the changes are reflected in all areas of the database) and for some reason they cannot be located.

I assume your website has been up and running successfully prior to this? This isn't a fresh install that you're having trouble with?

The confusing part is that the exported copy seems to work fine. The procedures would be exported as part of the backup process - so presumably they had to exist in the original in order to export. That suggests that it is some kind of permissions or config issue on your database server. I have known ISPs to restrict/prevent use of Procedures and Functions in MySQL. Might be worth checking that your hosting company haven't recently changed their policy.

The error regarding the Core Admin page suggests a syntax error in the class_sqlcore.php file but (unless you've altered the file) that should affect all OBBLM installations. Might be worth replacing it with a fresh copy from a current download.

Also, which version of OBBLM are you running?

Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hegel »

I'm running OBBLM 0.95

Replacing class_sqlcore.php doesn´t solve the proble with the core panel.

I tried to copy the whole webspace to another (free) provider as a test but the problem ist the same as on the original webspace. Unfortunately I don´t have in depth information about PHP settings on both web providers.