OBBLM - Translations & question about rules

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Crouch
Rookie
Rookie

OBBLM - Translations & question about rules

Post by Crouch »

Hello all,

Sorry to bother, I've tried to contact Shteve0 by Private message but it seems he's busy, so I'm asking in case somebody might know.
I just installed NAFLM 1.0, and I updated the translations.xml file (french part), but it seems there are still a lot of translations that are not used (for example, "Coach corner" is not used and I have "User menu" instead). Also, a lot of other menus are just not proposed in the translation.
I was wondering if there is a complete database with all translations that should be used by the system ? For the moment I just copied all the translations from the <en-GB> in an excel file, and I completed/corrected all the french ones. If anybody could help providing all the fields, I'll be glad to translate everything in french and update it on GitHub.
Also, if anyone is interested, I can send my current files (Excel & XML).
Sorry to bother with the translation question, but we have a lot of french coaches who don't really understand english (how is it possible ? We always thought french peoples were the best at learning other languages :D)

Side question : at the end of the season, we would like to set the 1st tie-breaker to Fan Factor, and 2nd one to Treasure (almost the same as the number of victories, but not quite). Because it seems obvious the most charismatic teams and richest ones should go in Play-Offs. Do you know if it's possible, or would it cause troubles ?

Thanks for your time !
Crouch

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I'm so sorry Crouch - I have been busy, but that's no excuse for my rudeness in not replying :(

The long and the short of it is, I need to come up with a new system for translations. If you can identify for me the bits that aren't translating, and what page they are on, I will fix them.

Here's what I'd ask you to do:
1) create a github account
2) log any issues you find in this thread: https://github.com/TheNAF/naflm/issues/166

My sincere apologies, and thanks for your persistence.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

As to your second question, I'm not aware of either of those being available HR options, sorry. Maybe you could use -won instead? Or +lost?

Alternatively you can award sportsmanship points (equal to winnings/10k) for each game and sort by -smp as your tiebreaker.

http://nicholasmr.dk/obblmwiki/index.ph ... ms.2Frules

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Crouch
Rookie
Rookie

Re: OBBLM - Translations & question about rules

Post by Crouch »

Thanks for your answer, don't worry there is no problem :) I can easily understand you have a lot to do, and it's not easy to find time for those kind of requests.

I'll create a GitHub account then, and I'll try to report as soon as possible the different menus that are not translated.
Concerning your second answer, I'll look a bit more about your idea of Sportsmanship points, it could indeed help me. Thanks for the help !

See you