OBBLM Menu List issue version 0.97 SVN

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

teza25
Rookie
Rookie

OBBLM Menu List issue version 0.97 SVN

Post by teza25 »

Hi,
I had a problem with the PDF Roster giving the error "FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file". I have a mercury vps pre built system also on .97, I copied the site to a scratch built webserver and it works.
On the Hosted box I installed 0.97 SVN but from a download of a zip called NAF Master.
Now the PDF works but my web page menu is just a long list of options instead of the usual menu bar with drop downs list.
Anyway of changing the menu format?
Attached sample screenshot
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Re: OBBLM Menu List issue version 0.97 SVN

Post by Tim »

Looks like the files/stylesheets for the CSSMenu /css3menu (not sure which is used in 0.97) are missing.

Do you have an url to your page?

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
teza25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by teza25 »

I backed it out. I will reinstate it for you to check after Tuesday 8:30am UK time tomorrow

Url yobbs.obblm.com

cheers
teza

teza25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by teza25 »

I can see differences in the coding, worked ok on my test server. I think a restart of the apache service is required.

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I'm not sure, what your codebase is, it seems a bit inconsistent. It looks like your CSS does not match the code (the menu is a bit tricky).

You can change the marked line to fix it in your code (see attached browser capture). Using the latest stylesheets from NAFLM might also do the trick (i can not test it at work, I have to check my local installation of the current master branch on why it works there).

Please correct it in lib/class_htmlout.php function make_menu.
reference: https://github.com/TheNAF/naflm/blob/ma ... t.php#L979
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

teza25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by teza25 »

Hi Tim

Brute force did it, I copied the class_htmlout.php from my original working site and success, all working!

Bang on the money

PDF also working now

Cheers
Terry

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Probably not the best idea to mix the code of different versions that way. Might cause some side effects and makes it insupportable for others.
Did you just slap the old CSS files into the new installation of NAF Master? Because that's what likely caused your menu issues then.

teza25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by teza25 »

I kept the OBBLM download files separate, i suspect it happened unintentionally by filezilla, a double click of a file will sync it. I also assumed .97 SVN is the version but found different coding when comparing files, I now know there are different flavours out there.

Thanks for you help
Cheers
Terry