League Preference Administration page not allowing update

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

jcopersito
Rookie
Rookie

League Preference Administration page not allowing update

Post by jcopersito »

I just recently deleted a league during some testing and now I cannot update my leage pref admin page....

Need help please :(

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: League Preference Administration page not allowing updat

Post by Vanguard »

Had a quick look at your site and the first thing I noticed was that you have presumably created three Leagues and deleted two, as your current league ID is 3. A lot of useful info can be found on the troubleshooting page (http://www.trubbl.com/troubleshoot.php)
On your web server, in the localsettings folder there will be settings files for the leagues, called settings_X.php where X is the league number. So the current one for you will be settings_3.php.
Couple of things to check:
  • Ensure settings_3.php exists. Sure it will, as you'd be getting errors otherwise, but always worth checking.
  • When using the League Preferences page, ensure that the correct League is selected in the drop down. This is also prone to resetting (a consistent issue with dropdowns across OBBLM) so get in the habit of double checking before you hit the save button.
  • All league preferences allows you to do is to make some changes to the settings_X.php file without having to manually edit it. However, if you are willing to try editing it manually it may be easier to work that way. It certainly offers a lot more flexibility and customisation options. It's fairly well commented to explain how it works.

jcopersito
Rookie
Rookie

Re: League Preference Administration page not allowing updat

Post by jcopersito »

It looks like my settings page never updated to show the default league. I changed the default league from 1 to 3 and the problem went away in settings.php

However, i still cannot update my banner....