Our local tabletop league website is running on OBBLM V0.8b since 2009 with some local improvements added over time. Now our league is becoming more active after a 2 year hiatus and i redesigned the league website a bit, and a bit more and then i had another idea ...
Just wanted to show you what i did with the old OBBLM installation. I slightly modified most HTMLout functions (mostly adding DIVs and CSS classes), but also extended core some functions, but nothing in the data model/database. If specific features are of interest for a general public, i'm sure they can be manually integrated in the currently active branch.
Here's the site: http://kurpfalzcup.t-ibe.de/Biggest new features:
- new theme, every output goes into a div, no output directly on the canvas any more (allows for a graphic background with separated boxes on top)
- new player detail page, simulating new player cards. Example
- extended default image handling with default race/position pictures for players. 3 tier logic: unique player picture -> default race/position picture (only for Amazons currently) -> generic player picture. Example
- players can create their own matches within existing tournament (we don't use league/divisions and we run FFA tournaments without a fixed schedule) in a very simple UI, no admin required. requires site login, so see attached file.
- generic HTMLOUT.sorttable method can assign classes to table cells (fed through the $fields interface), allowing specific CSS formating of the table fields per use case (currently only used in the player roster table - note centered and left alignment for columns)
- always centered menu (sounds simple, took me several hours)
- new state changing collapse/expand icons instead of old [+/-] (not everywhere yet, team detail page has it)
- site now 90% German (V0.8 still has a lot of texts in the code).
- lots of tiny little changes/adjustments/simplifications
Next steps are implementing the new CSS3menu (current one does not work on iOS devices), fixing the last 2-3 pages that still look ugly and reworking the star player page with the player card design, as well as fixing some minor bugs from old OBBLM i found in the github.
Create new match screen.JPG