OBBLM / NAFLM - new goblins roster ?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Re: OBBLM / NAFLM - new goblins roster ?

Post by fire olli »

Sorted, many thanks

Reason: ''
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

No idea if it is related to the updates, but my team lost its custom image that I uploaded prior to the update

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Not sure if it helps, but mine are all still in place.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

stowelly wrote:No idea if it is related to the updates, but my team lost its custom image that I uploaded prior to the update
When was it uploaded? There was a site rollback last week (Thursday 5th) to the previous day, so if it was uploaded in the intervening time, i tmight have been lost. Otherwise, it shouldn't have been affected.

Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Manuel »

Hello:

We are playing our current season under the previous ruleset, that is, CRP.

I can see the changes you have introduced and, although they are not really that big, they will affect our current season and we will not change the rules.

Is is possible for us to choose the ruleset we are using?

If not, I am afraid we will have to look for other options for our league, as we do not want to risk that future rule changes are implemented during a season.

Regards,

Manuel.

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Vanguard wrote:
stowelly wrote:No idea if it is related to the updates, but my team lost its custom image that I uploaded prior to the update
When was it uploaded? There was a site rollback last week (Thursday 5th) to the previous day, so if it was uploaded in the intervening time, i tmight have been lost. Otherwise, it shouldn't have been affected.

hmm was before that. ok, well if nobody else has reported the same issue then please ignore it :D

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Manuel wrote:Hello:

We are playing our current season under the previous ruleset, that is, CRP.

I can see the changes you have introduced and, although they are not really that big, they will affect our current season and we will not change the rules.

Is is possible for us to choose the ruleset we are using?

If not, I am afraid we will have to look for other options for our league, as we do not want to risk that future rule changes are implemented during a season.

Regards,

Manuel.
Hi Manuel,

I've replied to your email, but for the benefit of everyone else, I've passed this issue on to Valen (NAF League Director) to handle. Currently, OBBLM will not support different rulesets for different leagues, they're set for the whole site. It is something we would like to change in future, but it is not under development currently.

Michael

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Haven't been browsing here for a while, but I did get to finish my Goblins' season with proper stats for my Doom Divers.

Yeah, two of them.

Both dead now.

Anyhow, thanks for the work to get the tools updated. It's appreciated!

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

Vanguard wrote:The NAFLM repository has been updated and is available to anyone who wants to apply the DZ2 changes to their own site. I do not recommend doing this if you have applied any previous DZ2 patches or have used any custom teams, positionals or Star Players. There will be a more robust version delivered next which will be able to take these factors into account.
I am running a standard OBBLM league and it would be great to have the DZ2 changes, but we *do* have a custom team (Apes) added to our site. So far, I've had to mangle Underworld (13+ goblins) and Goblin teams to try and approximate Doomdivers and 'Ooligans.

Is there currently a way to update my site with DZ2 changes and preserve the Apes roster?

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Talarius wrote:
Vanguard wrote:The NAFLM repository has been updated and is available to anyone who wants to apply the DZ2 changes to their own site. I do not recommend doing this if you have applied any previous DZ2 patches or have used any custom teams, positionals or Star Players. There will be a more robust version delivered next which will be able to take these factors into account.
I am running a standard OBBLM league and it would be great to have the DZ2 changes, but we *do* have a custom team (Apes) added to our site. So far, I've had to mangle Underworld (13+ goblins) and Goblin teams to try and approximate Doomdivers and 'Ooligans.

Is there currently a way to update my site with DZ2 changes and preserve the Apes roster?
Assuming you're using the Apes/Simyins roster that is part of OBBLM, then that shouldn't be a problem. It's already in OBBLM and accounted for.
Where I'm concerned about issues is where completely new teams/positionals have been created as if the IDs used overlap with the IDs of the DZ2 stuff, then you'll see some odd results in OBBLM.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

The Spike!#1 patch is now available for beta testing.