OBBLM can't save a game report

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TedStriker
Experienced
Experienced

OBBLM can't save a game report

Post by TedStriker »

I'm admin for our league. Two of my coaches screwed up entering their match report. It was a mess. On their game report form, I manually changed the mistakes to 0 and hit the save button. I thought this should of worked. But none of the changes took. all of the original mistakes were still there. so I hit the reset at the top of the page. Everything on the game report was now cleared out like I wanted. The report says the game hasn't been played yet and looks like a new, clean form. However now, when I enter the data correctly and hit save, it is not saving. The zeros persist.

Does anyone have any idea why the game report isn't saving and how can I correct it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: OBBLM can't save a game report

Post by Vanguard »

Can you post a link to your OBBLM page and which match your having issues with? Saving a match should trigger a recalculation of the teams affected. Which particular statistics are incorrect?
In the first instance, I'd try running SyncAll() from the Core Admin Panel and see if that resolves the issue. If not, edit and re-save the match after the sync.

TedStriker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TedStriker »

Thanks for the reply.

Apologies for not mentioning, I did run syncall from the core panel. No effect. I did try it again based on your suggestion. Still won't save data for me.

As requested the page is here:

http://abbl.obblm.com/index.php?section ... rt&mid=140

Originally, the guys messed up their injuries. They marked down the bh, si, ki, for players on the receiving end of the hit. Needless to say, the Goblins had a ton of spp they shouldn't have :). Hitting the reset cleared everything to 0 and removed the errors. But now I can't fix it for them.

Thanks again for the help.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Can you try manually scheduling a new match for them in the same Tournament and round, see if you can record the results in there? If that works, you should be able to safely remove the original.
Not sure why this would happen, best guess is the UPDATE to the database is failing for the existing match for some reason. A brand new match might avoid the issue.

TedStriker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TedStriker »

Well... it seems my problems aren't limited to just one game. It seems all my updates are failing.

I tried to schedule another game like you suggested. The tournament is a round robin tournament and would not let me schedule a one off game. Unless the game schedule is related to my problem.

We had one coach drop out of our league. So we have been forfeiting his games. I went to his next game (which happened to be against me) and tried to record the game as a 1-0 win for me. And that didn't work either.

It seems that none of my games are saving. At least the two I tested didn't.

Any suggestions... I'm running out of ideas.

I'm going to try to make a new coach, give them admin privileges and see if that works. That will tell me if the problem is my account or if it is all accounts.

edit... well new admin account didn't work either. It is looking more and more like I have lost the ability to record games to my database.

I'm going to need the help of someone that really knows how the code works.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Ok, this is sounding less like an OBBLM issue and more like a hosting/database issue. You're hosted via Mercury? Do you have access to the webserver and database?

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Is it just you or has everyone in the league the problems to save the match report.

If it's just you, try:
- using a different browser
- using a different computer

If it's everyone in the league:
- if it worked before, check with your hoster if any changes have been applied to your server lately (PHP version, DB version, etc.)
- if it is your server, you can turn on PHP error reporting to see what goes wrong: http://php.net/manual/de/function.error-reporting.php

I once had a similar issue when my hosting provider installed a security package on the webserver that prevented forms with more than 100 fields being posted.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
TedStriker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TedStriker »

Vanguard wrote:Ok, this is sounding less like an OBBLM issue and more like a hosting/database issue. You're hosted via Mercury? Do you have access to the webserver and database?

Yes and Yes.

Mercury hosted and I am the admin. I can log in to the webserver and database. Although I'm primarily an industrial controls programmer and not a web guy.

TedStriker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TedStriker »

Tim wrote:Is it just you or has everyone in the league the problems to save the match report.

If it's just you, try:
- using a different browser
- using a different computer

If it's everyone in the league:
- if it worked before, check with your hoster if any changes have been applied to your server lately (PHP version, DB version, etc.)
- if it is your server, you can turn on PHP error reporting to see what goes wrong: http://php.net/manual/de/function.error-reporting.php

I once had a similar issue when my hosting provider installed a security package on the webserver that prevented forms with more than 100 fields being posted.

I will call some guys tonight and have them try to edit the game.

I have tried different computers different accounts and chrome, firefox and edge.

I will send an email to Mercury and see if anything has changed.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep them coming. I need to get this fixed asap.

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Found a solution?

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I am working on a similar issue with someone that has applied patches to NAFLM. Have you applied any patches?

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

For the other league, I found match data for a dead player after the match for that dead player. I don't see that player in the actual match report from the site, but it is in the database.

Please let me know if you have any patches, but my guess is you have some matches entered out of order. I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know if I see any match data out of order.

Can you give me some specifics. Paste very specific examples so I can see if I can narrow it down.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I narrowed this down to some patch reporting match results for every player on the teams even dead or I guess fired. I also confirmed that with the stable release of NAFLM, this does not happen. I am guessing you have some patches installed. Please confirm this. I am going to post a new issue at GitHub and email a few of the developers to see if there is a sane way to clean this all up. Something like an SQL query to delete match results after a player died or was fired.

TedStriker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TedStriker »

sorry guys... I was traveling for work and wasn't able to check in here.

I have not applied any patches to my league. We have done some changes with backgrounds and such but other than that our install is as it was when I signed up with Mercury. OBBLM version 0.97 SVN is what is listed on the About OBBLM page.

I got back in to town and checked the website. I tried one more time to enter the game and it worked. I've done nothing to the site since and now it works. My issue seems to have gone away.

While I was on the road, I got an invoice from Mercury for the website. I payed it immediately on receipt. It was the first invoice I ever got from them and I do not believe I was late on my hosting fees. Does Mercury turn off write access to the database if you are late on your fees?

The only thing that has changed in the two weeks since I asked for help is I paid for next year.

But now it seems to be working fine.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I run Mercury VPS and nothing was done.

The version you see is what the NAFLM version was released with. The version you have should be the release version of NAFLM, if that is what was available when you joined.

I don't know why it works now, but glad it does. Enjoy.