OBBLM: Help - Creating a Division in NAF OBBLM

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Maug
Rookie
Rookie

OBBLM: Help - Creating a Division in NAF OBBLM

Post by Maug »

Hi all and sorry if the noob here is missing something, but I have searched the forums, read the getting started guides and can't find an answer.

I've have gotten a local commisioner account on thenaf.obblm.com, i have requested a league and have gotten it, but I can't for the life of me find out how to create a division. When i go to Admin -> Divisions and try to create a division in my league it says request failed, and i have tried multiple times with various names for the division.

Any knowledgeable people who can help me on my way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Martin

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: OBBLM: Help - Creating a Division in NAF OBBLM

Post by Vanguard »

Hi Martin,

What's your Username, league and Division anme that you tried? Can you post the specific error message you received?

Maug
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maug »

Of course :-)

User name: Maug
League: Blood Bowl Noobs (Gentofte)
Division: Season 1

Error message with red blocks in top of screen: Request failed

Best regards
Martin

Maug
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maug »

Still no idea what to do here... Any ideas?

Best regards
Martin

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Sorry, I don't tend to be on TFF over the weekend. Just had a quick look, and I'm getting the same error as a Global Admin. I'll need to have a closer look and see if there's an issue with the League setup on the back end. Leave it with me for the moment.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

It turns out that it's down to the Division name. OBBLM insists on Division names being unique and the division 'Season 1' is already in use. I'd suggest trying 'BBN Season 1' or something similarly unique.
The failure message could do with being more useful and I'm also not sure that unique names needs to be enforced, but it would need a lot more testing before I was sure it could be safely altered. I'll add both to the development list.

Maug
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maug »

Wuhuu thanks, it worked :-)