Rostering Star Players

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spugnoid
Rookie
Rookie

Rostering Star Players

Post by spugnoid »

My league is wanting to start rostering star players. Could this be done by adding the star players to the team rosters as additional positions? My first attempt at doing that ended up with my having to delete the test player through PHPmyadmin. Next time I'll make a dummy league first but could this be a means of making it work? Of course I had some translation file errors initially which I fudged. It didn't go well, the player it created had no number and no stats which made it difficult to delete normally.

Any other ideas?

Reason: ''
spugnoid
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Rostering Star Players

Post by spugnoid »

I've gone ahead and added the star players to the normal team rosters on a test site. So far it seems to be working once I fixed a few translation errors. My method won't be reversible without surgery in the database directly but php is not my forte and this is the quickest fix I could come up with. Of course, upkeep charges will have to be entered manually at the end of each match should the coach wish to retain the star.

Reason: ''