Translation Error for Necromantic Horror

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

LutonBloodBowl
Rookie
Rookie

Translation Error for Necromantic Horror

Post by LutonBloodBowl »

Hi all,

I get the following error on my obblm for Necromantic Horror.

It's not a massive issue but i'd like to get it fixed all the same.

https://imgur.com/ZbGUeBK

I have tried syncing all my databases etc...

This happened after i applied a patch for everything (including rostered star players) up to before new Lizards.
Any ideas what might be causing it and how i go about fixing it?

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Translation Error for Necromantic Horror

Post by Vanguard »

The translation error is typically due to a missing record in the lang/translations.xml. It's unlikely that the Lizardmen update has removed any of the Necromantic entries, more probably that one of the new Lizardmen entries has not been properly closed. Almost certainly the new Chameleon positional.

Take a look at the file, scroll down to the start of the Positional entries at somewhere around line 520, it starts with an opening tag of <position>. You're then looking for the Lizard and Necro entries (which will be about line 565 based on my version of the unupdated file). Every position should have matching opening and closing tags, where the closing tag has a forward slash at the start. Check the new Chameleon entry and I suspect you'll find that either the slash is missing, the chevrons are missing or chameleon is not spelt the same in both tags. Correcting that should fix the issue.

If that doesn't help, post a link to your site and I'll take a look.

LutonBloodBowl
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation Error for Necromantic Horror

Post by LutonBloodBowl »

Hi Vanguard,

I took a better look at my translations.xml and managed to fix it! so thanks very much for your help.

i had managed to somehow delete the entries for those positions in the XML for Necromantic Horror. Lucky i keep backups so i went and got them from a previous file and it worked.

The website is www.lutonbbl.com

Cheers for the help.

Chris