Java BB auto roster updating?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Java BB auto roster updating?

Post by Indigo »

I'm using the java Blood Bowl tool to practice with, and I have read the following on the website it is from:

There is a new patch available for the public beta. Get the 4.6 patch on the download page. Adds auto roster updating. Adds some UI enhancements. Fixes some bugs.

What is this auto roster updating feature? I would like the skills/SPPs I earn during the game to be reflected immediately in the roster sheets but currently I do it all manually - can anyone tell me if this auto roster feature does this?

Reason: ''
BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Java BB auto roster updating?

Post by BadMrMojo »

Indigo wrote:I'm using the java Blood Bowl tool to practice with, and I have read the following on the website it is from:

There is a new patch available for the public beta. Get the 4.6 patch on the download page. Adds auto roster updating. Adds some UI enhancements. Fixes some bugs.

What is this auto roster updating feature? I would like the skills/SPPs I earn during the game to be reflected immediately in the roster sheets but currently I do it all manually - can anyone tell me if this auto roster feature does this?
If you look in the 'results' folder, you'll find the usual 'XXXXvsYYYY.html' and 'XXXXvsYYYY.res' result files. You'll also find a copy of your team roster in there. JBB reweites your roster with all the SPPs added to your players, any injuries and any change in FF or cash.

Players who earned enough to get a skill have a new skill listed. It's cleverly called 'NEW SKILL' or something like that.

As far as I know, you still have to roll your skills and recalculate your TR manually. You can make your skill rolls in the chat window as well, that way they show up in the .log file in case you need it for your league, or something. I can't recall how, offhand, but I know it's in the README.

Also, it's up to 4.8 now, if you didn't realize.

ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Re: Java BB auto roster updating?

Post by ZanzerTem »

Indigo wrote:What is this auto roster updating feature? I would like the skills/SPPs I earn during the game to be reflected immediately in the roster sheets but currently I do it all manually - can anyone tell me if this auto roster feature does this?
Yep it's in the readme.

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!