Placing the Ball

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Placing the Ball

Post by McDeth »

Galak, is there a possibility of programming the software so you can place the ball, so the opponent doesn't know where it is until he actions the kick off table or at least after they've set up, I'm getting a little peeved lately at the number of times i've placed the ball, to find when the turn is sent back the receiver has been set up always one square away from the ball, even when its not placed in the middle then the defencive set up is already set for where i'm kicking the ball. I admit this is only a small percentage, but i dont want to have to keep setting up without placing the ball as it wastes time, not knowing if my opponent is a good guy and sets up as normal, or reacts to where i've placed the ball.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

He's already programmed it ready for the 2.4 release.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:He's already programmed it ready for the 2.4 release.
Yup added that feature in about a month ago.

Galak

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Ho Hum, suppose i should pay more attention, excellent news though

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

McDeth wrote:Ho Hum, suppose i should pay more attention, excellent news though
Ronald and I started to going through the changes and there have been about 100 different updates to the 2.4 version, some of them fairly large.

Basically the only things that I didn't add in 2.4 that had been suggested at some point were:

International Language support (version 3.0 project)
Player Icons (version 3.1 project)
Automated Blocking procedurce (version 3.2 project)
Automation of Multiple Block (version 3.2 project)
Automation of Casting all of the On-Pitch Spellcaster spells (version 3.3 project)

Pretty much everything else that folks had requested I threw in plus extras that I thought of along the way. Ronald's HTML creator came from a note to add team creation as an option in version 2.4 of the tool, but Ronald thought it would be better as a stand-alone ... to which I agreed (especially after seeing what Ronald cranked out).

There are only 7 things left to finish programming and version 2.4 will be done:

1) Setting checkbox for using On-Pitch Spellcasters
2) Right click to Throw Bombs, Stink Bombs, or Big Bombs
3) Right click to Throw Nets
4) LRB Freeboot Wizard Zap spell
5) LRB Freeboot Wizard Lightning Bolt Spell
6) Automate applying the injury to automated AV/Inj rolls (like with failed Leaps, Dodge, GFIs, etc.) (currently you have to manually apply the result).
7) Update the BB Team Creator to handle GenCon based rosters and so that the Halfing team exports a Master Chef instead of a Team Wizard when you create a Halfing team with the program.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Just a quick update, I just finished 1, 5, and 7.

Only 4 things left to have 2.4 done .... (too bad in order to finish #6, I need to change 13 different moducles of code ... but after the first 2 or 3 I should have the hang of the improvement) ... #6 is key because it not only makes the tool better, but it should reduce the size of the EXE through a major code consoldiation.

Galak

Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

My problem with placing the ball how it current is:
I want to know how my Opponent has set up and not gamble! This would give kick some use but right now? I just shoot in the middle and hope it stays on field... or with kick far back near his TD Zone

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

If it was a critical part of the game for you and you and your opponent are not having time issues ... you could request the extra 2 emails to see their setup.

Most coaches just don't feel that little bit of extra strategy is worth the extra 2 emails. (this will be even more true when version 2.4 allows you to hide the ball for kickoff).

Galak