Classic Games

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Classic Games

Post by Pitch Dark »

Ive just started using the pbem bloodbowl tool by roland lokers, and since im an old starcraft-player, a thought struck me(and maybe this is so obvious that i should write this in the newbiesextion).

In starcraft theres replays, where you can se the "celebreties"(well virtually everyone) games. And learn. You simply download them, and then you can see the game from the start.

And with this tool, you could do pretty much the same thing. Open up an old saved log, and rewind it until the start, and start watching. Im sure you get my drift. Is this something that is already beeing done, if so, where can I find some saved files of classic games :) If not, why not? If anyone has any good games theyd want to share, share it with me, i need inspiration for my blood bowling:)

Or is there a reason that this cant be done, and im to stupid to realize?

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

christer has made a replay tool for javabowl that takes the log file from a match and you can replay the whole match

Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

I dont know if you can find any games. But I am sure that there will be Version Problems. This is 2.3 we have now (or any other number) and there where a lot of older Versions. You would have to know wich version is the Game, and then Open the Correct Version of PbeM to view it. But the Idea is sweet and I am sure we are not the only 2 thinking of this!

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pitch Dark »

Yeah, true, true. As in starcraft :)

Still very doable i think. One should just set up a database where ppl could upload their own games, and download otheres. At the very least the finals in any given league should be saved, and uploaded for other ppl to download and comment on .)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Pitch Dark wrote:Yeah, true, true. As in starcraft :)

Still very doable i think. One should just set up a database where ppl could upload their own games, and download otheres. At the very least the finals in any given league should be saved, and uploaded for other ppl to download and comment on .)
The MBBL just had its Season 2 championship game which was played in version 2.3b, if you email me I'd be happy to send that to you or anyone really to look over. Amazons (TR 161) vs Dwarf (TR 192) ... and the winner is not who you would think in such a match up.

Version 2.4 is coming in a week or two. After that I'm going to create a match to post to the site as an example of how to play. I haven't done it yet since 2.3b games will not be compatible in even a little bit to 2.4.

As was stated, the reason such games are not posted is because of the ever changing version ... however 2.4 is going to be the standard for a while and 3.0 which will be the next release should be 100% backwards compatible so I'll try to post some of the better games going forward on the site.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

In response to Pitch Dark's request.

The championship game of the MBBL Season 2 has been posted to http://www.pbembb.com .

The link is under the site counter. The game was played in version 2.3b.

Chet Z. from the BBRC (aka Acerak) was the coach of the Amazons and Jay Deckman (aka jaylazer) was the coach of the Dwarves and as a footnote, Jay is currently the top ranked Dwarf coach in the world per the NAF.

This was the 3rd time that the two teams have played in the MBBL. Jay won the first two meetings in regular season play in Seasons 1 and 2, but Chet pulled out the victory for the championship in Season 2.

Rumour mill has it that Jay's Dwarves have been overheard hammering away on a surprise for the Amazons for Season 3 should they met. (good chance of this happening in Round 2 of Season 3). The Amazons have responded that they are aware of the hammering and have some surprises for the Dwarves as well.

If these two teams bang heads in round 2 of Season 3, I'll be sure to post the results to the site.

Galak

Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pitch Dark »

Excellent! :) Im sure gonna take this opportunity to learn from the best, and get to see some real quality blood bowl beeing danced. This will be a treat.

And im really looking forward for those other games you where talking about too.
This might be the beginning of something wonderful

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

There's a Khemri team that is rumoured to want to test both team's staying power :)

AG2 may not help a win..... but either team will know that they've had a tough match :o

Dave

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Dangerous Dave wrote:There's a Khemri team that is rumoured to want to test both team's staying power :)

AG2 may not help a win..... but either team will know that they've had a tough match :o

Dave
Yeah, Season 3 of the MBBL will have many experienced (12 games played) teams in it. It will be interesting to see the clashes. On a sidenote ... the 3rd place team in the MBBL this year was a new rookie team with only 5 games played facing down against an 11 game High Elf veteran team, so even though Pariah isn't responding anymore ... (he said that the rookies weren't getting anywhere in the league) ... I was pleased to see a new team grab 3rd place.

I've posted that game (battle for 3rd place in the MBBL) also to the http://www.pbembb.com site .

Galak

And yes ... Dave's Khemri team is getting back Mighty Blow for Season 3 since I've been told that JJ and AH didn't agree with replace MB with FA for the Khemri ... sooooooo ... fear is has a name and its Dangerous Dave's Khemri.

Me ... I'll just be happy if my Halfling team doesn't have to play Vampires in Season 3 ... my Flings faced the 2003 Annual Vampire team 3 times in 6 games in Season 2 ... OUCH!!!!

Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pitch Dark »

Im watching the gamer right now, looks good. Unfortunately some of the exiles players dont show. Why is this, you ponder?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Pitch Dark wrote:Im watching the gamer right now, looks good. Unfortunately some of the exiles players dont show. Why is this, you ponder?
Got me ... if you downloaded and installed the LRB image file from PBeMbb.com website you should have all the images for the Exiles.

Try redownloading and installing the LRB images, if you still have missing players let me know who doesn't have a picture.

Galak

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

GalakStarscraper wrote: Rumour mill has it that Jay's Dwarves have been overheard hammering away on a surprise for the Amazons for Season 3 should they met. (good chance of this happening in Round 2 of Season 3).
Doesn't that assume the Amazon's win their first game of the season... :wink:

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

You gonna update the MBBL stats on the site soon Tom?

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Anthony_TBBF wrote:You gonna update the MBBL stats on the site soon Tom?
As soon as all the games are in I'll start ... had some coaches move and such so still waiting on a few games.

Since I still have 3 things left on the programming list, I wasn't banging the drum yet.

Anyway as soon as version 2.4 is finished, I'll get the season end stats up. Got to convert the league from EXP and Kicking rules to MVPs and no kicking rules ... it won't take forever, but its something that will take about 2 more weeks probably.

Galak

Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pitch Dark »

Got me ... if you downloaded and installed the LRB image file from PBeMbb.com website you should have all the images for the Exiles.

Try redownloading and installing the LRB images, if you still have missing players let me know who doesn't have a picture.

Galak
No, no :) Its not that i dont see the pictures of the players, i do. But i dont see some of the blue blobs, the squares, the players on the pitch. It seems some where on the pitch before the game begans, so to speak, and i guess its them i cant see.