Khemri Playbook

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

so this team should end up with 9 skelies? not 7 and 2 thro? i figure just having them might help but ur the experienced ppl not I

Reason: ''
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Bizzy wrote:so this team should end up with 9 skelies? not 7 and 2 thro? i figure just having them might help but ur the experienced ppl not I
If you like playing with thro-ra's then buy them, I personally don't like them but it's a matter of personal choice IMHO.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

Well I only say them because they could help but idk.

The other thing I saw was getting Dirty player on about 4 Skeletons off the bat. Now if your Skelies get ejected and you get akill thats an even exchange. But once you start to run out of Skelies your down to 4 mummies and 2 blitzers. I am just saying that with AV7, and no block aren't they easy targets to hit/kill?

Just wondering because I know you guys have the experience.

bubb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bubb »

Of course they are but that is the point. Throw them at your opponent. Buy tying up your opponent you are creating two opportunities. #1 that they are using players on the skellies thereby freeing up the players you are going to use to beat them to a pulp #2 you are making them throw more dice thereby chewing up RR. ALWAYS make you opponent throw more dice than they normally have to.

The philosophy generally is remove more of their players than you get removed.

Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

Mummies lose general in the vault. How badly will this hurt these guys

Gus
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gus »

the list for 1.7 displays G access back to mummies.

I do it for the pun of it !
Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

thank you very much. I didn't know what was most updated and I had seen 1.6 last.

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

The throwers play a role on my teams. I don't place a priorty on getting them but they are nice to have eventually. I have never had any money troubles with a khemri team so I don't really see any reason not to get a thrower or two in place of regular skeletons. Build them opposite of Blitzers.

Throwers get Block first
Blitzers get Surehands first

Gives you 4 players to handle the ball with the prefrence bieng on two of them. The same way you play a dwarf team.

ImageImage
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

I've gotten throwers on my khemri team because I got nothing else to really spend the $$ on. I turned one throwere into a punter....hailmary pass. the other one is my kicker.

but I don't start with them --- just extra when you got nothing else to spend $$ on. ---you can only freeboot ramtut so much :o

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

We play with the vault sweetener rule so having a lean and mean team to avoid your opponent taking stuff like bloodweiser babes or a field surgeon is absolutely essential. Therefore I'd sooner give a skellie sure hands and block than buy a thrower because they are so expensive they drive the team cost up too much for very little in return.
In LRB league rules I'd probably buy throwers too if I had money to burn.

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

yeah vault rules is a different bag of tricks :) lean and mean--- I Like that :)

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Wouldn't mind seeing this thread added to the the archive. :wink:

ImageImage
IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Post by IronAge_Man »

I'd like to thank TuernRedvenom for his excellent contribution - I hope he doesn't mind that I've added it to FUMBBL's Khemri Strategy Guide: http://fumbbl.com/help:KhemriStrategy

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

IronAge_Man wrote:I'd like to thank TuernRedvenom for his excellent contribution - I hope he doesn't mind that I've added it to FUMBBL's Khemri Strategy Guide: http://fumbbl.com/help:KhemriStrategy
I don't mind, but anyone trying these tactics on fumbbl should realise that it's very hard to get games with a Khemri team and especially if you have a few dirty players in your team.

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Not to go to far off topic but after looking through the latest vault rules is dirty player even worth picking up in a vault enviroment? How much do you expect that to hurt the Khemri team?

ImageImage