Amsterdam BB Invitational

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Norse wrote:I was thinking last night we should maybe, just maybe, host this as a Dungeonbowl tournament just to make it a bit different. his takes up more space, but leads to a very different style of play.. Any thoughts??

Norse
Personally I'd rather play on the green. Dungeonbowl can be a giggle as a diversion now and then but it's still a bit of a lottery. Also the logistical side of things would be a nightmare. You'd need a LOT of board sections and a LOT of space. I'd keep things as simple as possible.

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Marcus wrote:Mooted it to the ECBBL boys at our regular game last night. You might get a couple of attendees from our lot. Marcus
That'll please Longfang! :D

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I'll tell them to leave the dozey guinness hats at home ;)

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yes please, only silly hats with marijuana leaves on the front (in the red, gold and green of Jamaica) will be permitted at this event!

I take your points about DB DW, I agree, I'm just trying to find something a bit different to make it worth while people coming... My concern is a baby 'resurrection' will not get the juices flowing in the same way as a DB with mixed teams of each college (as in WD 225)..

Just going out-the-box...

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I take your points about DB DW, I agree, I'm just trying to find something a bit different to make it worth while people coming... My concern is a baby 'resurrection' will not get the juices flowing in the same way as a DB with mixed teams of each college (as in WD 225)..

This one is almost too easy! Just use the Dungeonbowl "rosters," such as they are, but play the game on the Blood Bowl (green) pitch.

Cheers!

-Chet

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Mmmm, that could work... Lucy, whaddya you think? It'll make it less 'official' but more fun, and would save on space and tiles..

Chet, on the DB subject, where do Amazons fit in? I'm guessing we could interchange them with Norse on those rosters that require it..

What about Lizards? Should we make a Scaly College of Magic? :lol:

C'mon guys, I need more of you to commit to coming, although we have had a few confirms from the UK which is great!

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Interesting..but balanced?
Dungeonbowl allows only short and quick passes.
How about High Elf linemen with Wood elf thrower and catchers?
Or Longbeards with a human throwing game?
Undead with a Dark Elf throwing game?
Bit much with the normal length of Passes allowed?
It's certainly intriguing, but does it creep into that old 4th ed ally territory where you could effectively negate the inherent weaknesses of a given race? Dwarves with MA8 recievers is a much scarier proposition above ground on a normal BB pitch than it is in a Dungeon with Passing restrictions.
There's other frightening combos there, an Amber DE/Orc/Skaven team for example. What do others think?

P.S. Norse, Andy may well be up for coming over, making 3 of us. We'll let you know ASAP.

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Chet, on the DB subject, where do Amazons fit in? I'm guessing we could interchange them with Norse on those rosters that require it..

What about Lizards? Should we make a Scaly College of Magic?

I don't know. I'd just slip them in wherever you feel they'd be appropriate. Maybe you could have a "Lustrian College"? Amazons, Lizardmen, Kroxigors :)

As for "balance" and such - who cares? It's a one-off tournament. No harm, no league, no foul.

-Chet

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

I'm going to have to give my old human team a new coat of paint for this one.......Purple and Billiouse Green............"THE ROLLIN REEFERS".

And dont mention HATS!

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Andy might come?? Fantastic!!

The more the merrier, just let me know exactly who can come ASAP so we know how many extra spaces we still have left.....

Anyone else for fun and frolics??

PS I agree about the imbalance, I think on the pitch we need to use just normal teams, no allies etc. So, just 2K1 teams at Amsterdam then....

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I might just take Amazons if I get them painted up in time.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I'm thinking about using my newly converted Skaven if I can paint them up, otherwise probably Dwarves as at least they are already painted...

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

*****NEWS RELEASE******NEWS RELEASE******NEWS RELEASE*****

I've just heard from Andy Hall that he will not be able to attend the tourney in person :( , but he is willing to contribute some interesting prizes, like a signed annual and possibly some models... :D :D :wink:

I hope this encourages more of the good burghers of this here denizen of iniquity to come to A'dam in July!!!!!!!

Please come, I would like to meet and beat you all....

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Alright. Deal me in. Managed to organise my holiday to conclude with a trip to the Dam so I can embarrass you all with my astonishing coaching skill.

Have no idea what I'm going to do about miniatures (don't feel like lugging my skavs around northern europe). But I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Marcus

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Between myself and Lucy I think we could loan you a team of your chosing...

(Lucy, hide all the good models quickly, we'll make him play with linemen only........) :lol:

Marcus, could you PM me your details so I can add you to the magic list!