Khemri Playbook

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Gus
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gus »

well, with the vault, you'll have to foul twice as much =)

Reason: ''
I do it for the pun of it !
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Xtreme wrote:Not to go to far off topic but after looking through the latest vault rules is dirty player even worth picking up in a vault enviroment? How much do you expect that to hurt the Khemri team?
I just quickly read over it and I think it will hurt them but not by that much, IGMEOY is gone (as far as I can see) so sent offs will be rare. No more +1 to foul and the +2 is (rightly) toned down to a +1 modifier for dirty player. Seems reasonable to me.
I think it changes little in the way of Khemri tactics but to be sure I'd have to test them sometime.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Fouling is still a viable tactic for teams with cheap players. The relative casualty rates are different - so you'll get sent off about as often as you get a person off all the time - but the chances of either happening are lower (fouling is less effective, but you are less likely to get sent off too).

BTW no more +1 for the fouler either.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

yep still foul away :)

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Cephme
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cephme »

So you guys strongly suggest a blitz ra? I was thinking of going with just mummies and skeles to start with 4 RRs, but if you think the blitz ra is worth while I will pick one up.

Cephme
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cephme »

Ok a few weeks in and my record is 1-3. Not as bad as it sounds. My D has been amazing, I just can not get the offense going. So I am looking for suggestions.

My team is currently 4 Mummies (one with Frenzy, one with guard (as per G1Ken's suggestion) 2 Blitzras (still no skills, but very close), 6 Skeles (one with DP three others very close). I have 170K in the bank. This week I play a severely hurt Rotters team (9 Players left, only tow of which are Rotters, no beast)

Do I
A) Buy a 4th RR (will drop my TR down so they will only get 1 Handicap instead of 2, and will get me handicaps in several of my later games.)
B) Buy a throw Ra
C) Buy 2 skeles

Thoughts

Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

Buy the 4th RR and a skellie.

Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

Now I have read a lot of tactics, and even though up skill progression for a Khemri team. How to use them and the way to try and make them work well.

I have a few questions still.

1) How do you beat teams like dwarves, Chaos, Orc, and the other superpower bashers? Well I played an Orc team and crushed it. But it was before guard for both teams. How do I beat the super bashy teams?

2) How to I beat the finess teams like elves, amazons, and even teams that can get away from me. I mean we are slow and the tackle % of the team won't be too high up the list, so anyone know how to beat the finess teams?

3) How to beat the all around teams, like humans, Necromantic, and Lizardmen. They can be out bashed easily, and defeated not running though. Is it all about the set up of your field that determines what is going to happen?

I don't care either way I figure I have experience playing a little bit but the guy I played well, lets say wasn't the best player out there. So I kinda had an easy time winning and it helped both teams (the Khemri and his) were developed alittle bit so blocking mummies, and more. I still want to use them just get as big of an upper hand as I can get.

Gus

Post by Gus »

i don't have time now and may enter in details later, but just pointing out: that's why Khemri are actually quite strategic, and not the dull team people make out of them. bashing wit Khemri is easy. but wen you play to win (as i do), Kemri is interesting. positionment is crucial, 3D mummies is important.

I do it for the pun of it !
Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

That is how I want to play them to win in a 3D fassion. I appreciate it if you would when time permits for you to add details. But I wanted a team to bash and really rock hard against teams and be able to crush them in a toe-to-toe battle. But I also want a team that is sort of a challenge, and that can win games as well. I know the let him score quick, then cage and crush tactic, but there has got to be more too it. So if anyone would be willing to help I would greatly appreciate it.

But as you said Gus 3-D mummies, and a team that I use to win not just play around with.

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

when I play elves/skaven, ie fast teams. let them score in 2 turns.

then take 15 turns straight of mauling their team. Make every block count and slowly march up the field.

foul away to get rid of players once u get them on the ground.

Against bashers...u out muscle all of them. control the blocks with mummies and just beat on them. get a good foul.........whack em.

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

Well out muscle them yea true. I am always afraid of the evil solid guarding dwarf LOS, or being out muscled by Orcs. But ST 5 makes me pretty powerful. Well I like the knock down the elves and i.e. fast teams and foul away for 15 turns.

I guess I am just trying to make it successful when playing them rather then being destroyed.

Coach Alex
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Alex »

Until now, I always considered Khemri as the worst team ever, since none of their player have more than AG2. But I got to say I've been convinced by the arguments I've seen here. I'm just not used enough to strength teams.

Nuffle's a bitch, a big fat one dammit XP
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

Coach Alex wrote:Until now, I always considered Khemri as the worst team ever, since none of their player have more than AG2. But I got to say I've been convinced by the arguments I've seen here. I'm just not used enough to strength teams.
muhahahah the madness spreads!

Werewolf Gambler

Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

Well when you set you your 3 man LOS of High Elves, or Skaven, and then see them all fall most die, or get fouled out then yea it is not a good thing to witness. Then your like yay I took out a skeleton...oh Crap a ST5 mummy is next to me. DAMN. So they aren't the worst team like you said just get used to bash game and they can own.