Khemri Playbook

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Coach Alex wrote:Until now, I always considered Khemri as the worst team ever, since none of their player have more than AG2. But I got to say I've been convinced by the arguments I've seen here. I'm just not used enough to strength teams.
There are 4 Khemri NAF tourney wins. (3 of those by mr GKen), seeing how few coaches take Khemri at a tourney that pretty much speaks for itself about their competetiveness. They just require experience (positioning is absolutely crucial) and a somewhat different mindset to make them very hard to beat.

Reason: ''
Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

TuernRedvenom wrote: There are 4 Khemri NAF tourney wins. (3 of those by mr GKen), seeing how few coaches take Khemri at a tourney that pretty much speaks for itself about their competetiveness. They just require experience (positioning is absolutely crucial) and a somewhat different mindset to make them very hard to beat.
and the other is by TuernRedvenom......my protege :) who has now surpassed me. I feel like the emperor in star wars spreading the Dark Side :)

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Gus
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gus »

i'd be interested in seeing replays from you guys, if you happen to sometimes play on PBeM or JBB.

I do it for the pun of it !
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

gken1 wrote:
TuernRedvenom wrote: There are 4 Khemri NAF tourney wins. (3 of those by mr GKen), seeing how few coaches take Khemri at a tourney that pretty much speaks for itself about their competetiveness. They just require experience (positioning is absolutely crucial) and a somewhat different mindset to make them very hard to beat.
and the other is by TuernRedvenom......my protege :) who has now surpassed me. I feel like the emperor in star wars spreading the Dark Side :)
Yep, I learned it all from you. Surpassed is a bit much (like 0,5 points difference or something like that), once the results from TCK II count the number 1 spot is yours again I'm sure. :D
Funny thing is my league mates are picking up my (ie: your) tourney tactics and using them on their own teams. One of them plays a 16-man undead squad in tourneys, the other had 4 dirty player hobgobs in his tourney cd team. They came 3rd and 5th in the last tourney they went to (M@dhobbit). So the dark side is spreading to other races too.
i'd be interested in seeing replays from you guys, if you happen to sometimes play on PBeM or JBB.
I don't play Khemri online and I don't think it would be all that special. It just works well in tourneys because most squads have 11 or 12 players making them very susceptible to attrition.

Cooper
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cooper »

Can i send someone some gamefiles (will have to see if i still have them) to tell me what i do wrong?
W

Crusader against all odds.

W
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

you don't do 'foul' enough I guess ..

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

lol. it could be positioning too. with the khemri low mv and ag...positioning is crucial at all times.

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

I'm pretty sure coop's positioning is OK .. our league is not too DP heavy, so he's got problems removing the opp's

he may have started off wrong too, tried out for the HMP tactic that is a bit like TTM .. not really reliable ..

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

I'm gonna take those guys to a TR 100 tourny and I was thinking about the following line-up

3 mummies (I know .. it's only 100 K)
2 Blitz (or pick up) Ra's
9 Skellies
3 RR
1 FF

any advice ?

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

i'd go only 1 blitz-ra and 4 mummies. ST and MB is more effective for the khemri way of winning.....

Werewolf Gambler

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

4 mummies (440)
1 blitz (90)
8 skellies (240)
3 RR (210)
2 FF (20)

hmm OK :D

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

TuernRedvenom wrote:There are 4 Khemri NAF tourney wins. (3 of those by mr GKen), seeing how few coaches take Khemri at a tourney that pretty much speaks for itself about their competetiveness. They just require experience (positioning is absolutely crucial) and a somewhat different mindset to make them very hard to beat.
I think you'll find its the coach that mattered more than the team. Overall Khemri are pretty average - Ken's just a great coach.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Dave wrote:4 mummies (440)
1 blitz (90)
8 skellies (240)
3 RR (210)
2 FF (20)

hmm OK :D
That's what I'd take.
skills: Sure Hands on Blitz Ra, Dirty Player on Skellie, Dirty Player on Skellie, Guard on Mummy

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

it's random skills ...

powerslave
Rookie
Rookie

My Khemri team progression since the first post

Post by powerslave »

My Khemri Team Progression since the first post...

We´re near the end of our first seasson, I managed to get the 2nd place of the tourney so far, I've lost a few games but won enough to get the 2nd place... I'm happy with my team!
Every other team on the leage have learned the hard way to respect Khemri.

My team Cockerel is as follows:

01.-Mummy (Block, Frenzy)
02.-Mummy (Frenzy, Block)
03.-Mummy (Frenzy, Block)
04.-Mummy (Block, Frenzy)
05.-Blitz-Ra (Mighty Blow, Guard)
06.-Blitz-Ra (Dodge, Mighty Blow)
07.-Thro-Ra (Block, +1AG)
08.-Skeleton (Dirty Player)
09.-Skeleton
10.-Skeleton (Dirty Player)
11.-Skeleton
12.-Skeleton
13.-Skeleton
14.-Skeleton
15.-Skeleton

6RR 8FF

My 4 mummy's rolled doubles so my choice was to give'em frenzy, I'm glad I've done that cause' now almost every block they throw result in a casualty or death (if I'm lucky enough)... well at least I've always have a DP close enough to bring the boot in!!!