NAF DUTCH TOURNAMENT REPORTS

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

NAF DUTCH TOURNAMENT REPORTS

Post by Longshot »

well, just to open the thread. My next post will be my reports :) 8) :-? 8) :cry:
smilies are clues for the games i ve played...

Reason: ''
Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I'll do mine tomorrow...here's the smiley synopsis...

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Well, first of all
My team was a WE one. 2 WD, 2CA, 1TH, 6LI, 3RR, 1FF.

First MATCH
Against Redfang (Dwarf) on table 3
I started on offence. My first block of the tournament was: double skull/RR/Skull-bothdown.
But Redfang did 3 double skulls in the game. A lot of things to say about this game but i will just say to you is: Redfang is a good dwarf coach and got my 2 WD out quickly (1cas and 1 ko who never came back) but he tryed to block my thrower...Lynx Eyed got 2 Casualties on Dwarves!!.
I managed for a 2/0 mid time. and then i was about 6 on the pitch so he reduced the score 2/1 but i succed in scoring with 4 players on the pitch with some long runs
Fine game, Fine opponent, we ve made some minis deals after the game 8)
Took Kick on a linelf

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Second Match
Against Lucifer (Skaven) on table 3
Goeff is a really good and enjoyable mate ( even if i dont always understood all you said...) and after his Ressurection standing i was waiting for a fun and hard game. i got it.
He started with a cage on the midfield that i stopped with my Th (Cas on Storm Vermin-apo) and my WDs. i succed in blitzing the ball carrier and going in his deep defense and waiting some turns for a 8 turn TD for Defence. But as the ball was in his backfiel in my hands, the games turned really good for me when his Rat Ogre blitzed my thower and got injured by him! (4 cas in 2 games for my Thrower!)
1/0 Mid time- stating with 7 players for a Cage with a WD ball carrier for quick TD.
I was 5 on the pitch for the next drive When a Washing Machine!!! was sent by the crowd on my WD, injuring him. I could stopped him from scoring.2/1.
In tha last turns i fumble a throw to a deep empty square..he blitzed my thrower, picked up the ball, moved to his Gutter runner Hand off with a Tackle zone...2! no RR left, he would have only a dodge to do to score.
Good suspense and good result for me!
Really funny game
Took Tacle on a WD

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Third MATCH
Against Marcus (Lizardmen) on table 2
I know how Marcus is a good coach and the game was my hardiest of the tournament.
I received, blitzing on the right deep side, throwing the ball for a 2 turn TD.
Then my thrower gets injured on a dodge fail...so i couldnt manage any cas for all the game :(
MMy WD were very usefull on defense at this time and the pocket of skinks and then Saurus fail to cross the midfield. Some successfull leap into the cage forced him trying to pick up the ball again and again. In a bad situation, he found a way to hand off to another skink but failed it.
My last turn was quite lucky. No RR. Blitz on a skink to push out of the ball.
WD dodge out from a opponent TZ, picked up the ball on 3+, dodge again out of the skink TZ and throw a pass into the end zone for a Catcher.
Mid time 2/0.
kicked right on the edge of the crowd. He fails one more pickup and the ball want into my Fans hands. They thowed it at me!
But as i was looking for a pass action, a dodge failed left me without the ball and Marcus manage to score as his Saurus were kinking me up well.
2/1. Big pressure on my players now with about 5 turns to go...
I missed another dodge on a double 1 for a pass action but he failed another pickup action just after. So the ball was free, undecided...I pushed a skink into the crowd and went deep left with my WD after a leap and a good pick up. 3 square to go and 2 turns. 2 skink went on my backside and only pushed me near the edge. My Cather came and put TZ on them, Blitz with my WD, pushing one of them, dodge for score..1,1 stuned. Marcus stunned my cather too. He could have scored with a Long pass action but...he failed the pick up.
2/1- It was a great pleasure to play against you mate.
Took Accurate on the Thrower

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

4th MATCH
Against Dave (Norse) on table 1
I received the ball and succed a running tatic on his left. My WD carrier was protected but i blitzed a norse with a linelf, hand off to the cather who gave me 1 TD up.
Dave was going on a deep slow cage on my middle-left side. Some blocks gaves me the opportunities to take the ball. My WD went in offense side , and my Thrower succeed with my 'Kick and Rush'. Throwing to a deep defense square. Dave had to slow players to really be on the ball so he put TZ on my Throwedr and WD but he cant put him down. So he crossed
the field left to right to push a TZ out of the ball. And then my thrower dodged, picked up on 2+, and scored just before half time 2/0.
Sezcond Half started with less and less players but with a RR on a block, i injured his Ogre and went into his cage, won the ball and tryed to go on counter attack but i wasnt far enough. Norses players became evil and sent out 3 of my players, took the ball back and finally score 2/1
First Time against a Norse Team and First Time for Dave to play against a WE team. We had a good time ands learned about the races.
Took Strip ball on the second WD

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Final GAME
Against BlueDevil (Skaven) - Table 1
Chaos Gods were into the public on this one.
His players were so agressive that he blitzed me on the first turn.
I kept the ball because it was a deep kick.
I was looking for a hand off (and then pass action between 2 catchers for a TD) but my thrower failed the second GFI on an useless RR (1,1).
Coen went in the middle of my pitch with a cage and a gutter runner in the middle. Then luck was back. My tacle WD leaped, block catched the bouncing ball, dodged and went on his way left protezcted by some WE.
Next turn he hands off to a catcher into the end zone 1/0.
My 4 Ko's went back.
As Coen tryed another Cage, i blitzed him after a leap and took the ball with a WD. I was too close from his players so i went on GFI tto be far enough from his players with a RR...Mu second Extra square was 1,1. Skavens are speed too so he went to his way and score 1/1.
Mid time, he received the ball. And the same things happened:
Cage, Blitz on ball Carrier, Ball Free, Dodge with my catcher to put TZ before pick up the ball with my WD on a 3. But my Catcher failed a 2+ Dodge (1,1)=>He scoed again. 2/1 up for Coen.
Some Elf were out and i was playing with 6 players.
Went middle-left for a cage but too many rats were in front of my guyz. So i blitzed and crossed the Skavs line to go deep on the right.
Well, 2 turns to go each. I decided to score because i wanted him or me to win this game. letting us enough time to score the final TD.
And once again: Cage with a gutter ball carrier on the middle, stunned him, boucing ball, but Coen succeed to catch the bouncing ball with a linerat... So now, i can't block him. All my elves came back to face the ratz and try to defend. But after 2/3 blocks, hand off the second gutter runner, he finally scored on a 5 for the GFI (no RR left of course).
I didnt played the last turn because i didnt though about quick snap but i really dont regret it and i wouldnt have played it.
Exhausting game with a really fair and good guy.
But finally, Luck and Chaos Gods prefered the Skavens.

That's all and i finished 3rd on the TD rating as i wasnt expecting to be on top 3, it is a good thing.

Hads a lot of fun, Thank you all for those games and thanks to the organisers once more time.

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Report to follow.
8) :) :o (Image)
:P :roll:
ImageImageImage

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

You have got to be kidding me.
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
I've just spent about 45 mins typing up detailed and lengthy match reports, posted, got an invalid-session error and lost the f**king lot!
Maybe I can be arsed to do it again but probably not.
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

you must cut your report in parts.
That s what i ve done!
Because in a first time, with all my game on the same topic, i had the same message as you.
Do some copy/cut/paste work 8)

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

number 3 in field but number 1 in posting reports. :lol:

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I had the same problem as DW... :pissed:

well done Coen & Longshot, good stuff. :D

I had a miserable time, not just because I played so badly, but because I was unimpressed with the level of sportsmanship on display. If the BB is as unenjoyable, I will not stay for the whole thing... I only played the whole Dutch Open because I didn't want to let Lucy down.

C'mon guys, it's not whether you win that matters, it's HOW you win that you will be judged upon.....

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Norse, I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself but I can assure you that I found my opponents entirely sporting (although I did have the fortune of playing PSV and their wonderfully painted orcs which was almost worth the journey in itself).

There will always be a few of wallies at tournaments. Maybe you just got unlucky and ended up playing all of them.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I was clearly the unluckiest i had to play both those northern scummers on the same day ;]

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

I played only one of those northern scums and he may now go round and claim for himself that he was kind of robbed. :lol: :o :lol:
What an unfortunate fumble late in the second half! :wink:

He had a brilliant first half and could capitalize my 'attempts' to gain control over the ball. Well done, Max!! This was the closed game I had the whole tourny.

All my opponents were nice fellows and I enjoyed my games very much. Thanx to everybody.
:lol:
Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.