Amsterdam BB Invitational

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Amsterdam BB Invitational

Post by Princelucianus »

So, Norse And I are geting started.
Meaning, we'll organise a small tournament for those who think us worthy. Preferably we want to get 12 teams to play, meaning 5 games in two days. A maximum of 16 players might be considered, but because we want to keep an A'dam feeling to it, we want to keep the tourney manageable.
THE DATE 19-21 july.
We appreciate feedback about the format, but will decide together what the format will be. We'll definetely send the rules to everybody, way in advance.
Only sanctioned game Workshop team allowed, no starplayers.

We're trying to get cheaper lodgings somewhere, so if enough people are interested, let us know if we can help you out.

We are trying to get some prices, but we're not GW unfortunately, but we're doing our best.

I probably forgot the most important things, but I'm sure Norse and others will help me out here. :lol:

Lucy
:smoking:

Reason: ''
RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

OK, I have to say that is sorely tempting. I'll actually be travelling through amsterdam around about that time and would love to compete. Only problem is I'll be travelling through amsterdam with my mother whom I've convinced to travel all the way from Australia for a bit of a european holiday.

I'll get back to you ;)

Marcus

TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

Yickes! I have two free weeks by then! ... What i really don't know is if i'll be having enough money for a trip to play BB ... although, my wise wanted us to go to Holland on holidays, and maybe it is the time! 8)

Send more and more news about the tourney, as i could end up bringing some minis to the north Venice!

regards

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

It depends on what dirty tricks you will use for winning your tournament:

Lucy "- DaFrenchCoach, please, take a part of my cake !
DFC "- Many thanks. It's my turn to play"

(20 minutes later)

DFC "Sorry, Lucy, I have to withdraw. I don't know why, but everything is turning around me, adn... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Why this rose elephant is playing Blood Bowl ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Why we don't smoke!

Post by Princelucianus »

It's not illegal, so the fun is gone 8)
But;

Smoke them if you got them

Tourists are the only reason we still have coffeshops. They'd be bankrupt a long time ago if tourists didn't use them as a gathering place.

Ergo, I trust Amsterdammers, but tourists?? :roll:

Lucy

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

the cool thing is that i dont work those days so i have to see.
i ll talk about it with Trambi.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Prince Lucianus: I hope you didn't see any offence, I was just kidding. It's not the topic main subject, but I agree with you ... On a lot of subjects, Holland laws seem really incredible for other European people... But I really like their point of view, based (to my mind) on the liability of the people. A friend of mine who's gone in Holland has told me he found really incredible the fact of seeing a businessman, after his work, coming in a coffeshop... Nearly impossible in France... whereas people will drive their car after having too much drink.

About the fact of going to Amsterdam for a Blood Bowl Tournament: it would depend on the money I will have to burn during the summer. But idea of giving us more informations in the next weeks is great.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

continueing.

Post by Princelucianus »

No offense meant, none taken.

About the info:

Several things are already clear in our (norse and I) view.

We want to do it a little differently and give it a more A'dam atmosphere. With this we mean, it will not be massive.

We want to play the tourney over two days, saturday and sunday that is. The tournament shall be played by gw sanctioned teams. All the new 2k1 rules, but no starplayers.
We are thinking about several options to change the tourney rules a bit. I'm thinking of starting a team with 1.200.000 instead of 1.000.000. Maybe we'll give teams 30 points to divide between teamplayers. It's not actually decided yet, but we (most probably) do want to play with the rules that casualties will not automatically will be healed afterwards and that your received spp's will contribute towards your next games. Feedback on all of this is appreciated. We'll not get the tournament to everybody's taste probably.
About the games: we might play in two poules of 6 teams each. But also this depends on the amount of players (max 16) and other options.

Lucy

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yeah, sorry I'm late on this topic, I was in a meeting...

Basically we are looking for a real international flavour here. We could just host a tournament of A'dammers, but that would be no fun. What we would love would be a little foreign influence and a chance to meet one another. 5 games over 2 days is about right I think and should still leave enough time for sight seeing, red light district, other really tacky disgusting touristy things that people do in the Dam. :roll:

I've written to Andy asking if he or maybe even Jervis would be willing to attend and hand out prizes, judge paintig contests etc just to give an official feel to events. We'll probably keep everything quite casual and maybe see if we can get a few tables in a bar or something so that we can smoke and drink while playing (smoking of pink elephant tobacco will be permitted by Bloodweiser, the tournament sponsors).

As for relatives, there's a lot to do in A'dam, especially museums and galleries etc, so bring your Mums too, they'll love it. Bring your girls too, my wife might (might!) even field her wood elves in the tournament if there is enough space!!

So come on, commit to a weekend you'll never forget. Once we have a list of players, then we'll worry about rules etc.... :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

We used to do the Orion tournament like that (Collect SPPs and injuries carry over). The only problem with it that if you have people travelling to come and play, and then they have a crummy first game and suffer lots of injuries, it sucks. They really have no chance in the next game and a good finish is probably out of reach. IMO the Resurrection format is a a lot better.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Feedback on all of this is appreciated. We'll not get the tournament to everybody's taste probably.

As long as you understand this, you're in good shape. You need a set of tournament rules that satisfy these two conditions:

1. They make you happy.
2. Most coaches would agree with most of the rules.

Really, working on the actual game rules is no different. It's understood that even the seven BBRC members won't be 100% satisfied with the results as results. So long as they're satisfied with the results as a function of the process, things work well :)

Good luck!

-Chet

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Oh, I am so definatley there.

Count me in, Deathwing says "Ohhh Yea" too! A BB weekend in the Dam is to good to miss out on, If you can handle a Ressurection 2nd place coach along with a 4-0 coach. :wink: It still makes me laugh :lol:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Blood Bowl?
In Amsterdam....?
In the summer...?
Me? :wink:
I am SOOOOOO there! :smoking:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Hey DW, I think you forgot to add..

"with MY reputation?"..... :lol:

You and Longfang are very welcome indeed, and can be considered the first official invitees!! I expect V_UK to come too if he is free....

I think maybe it's best if people PM me directly (or mail rgcmcpherson@hotmail.com) to confirm if they are coming. Obviously, spaces are on a first come first served basis, but priority will also be given to those coming furthest (I guess what I'm saying is I would love to play, but if I have to step aside so that someone else can play I am willing to do that... :cry: )

I was thinking last night we should maybe, just maybe, host this as a Dungeonbowl tournament just to make it a bit different. his takes up more space, but leads to a very different style of play.. Any thoughts??

Norse

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Mooted it to the ECBBL boys at our regular game last night. You might get a couple of attendees from our lot. Still unsure if I can work my holiday plans around it but I'd love to be able to go.

Marcus