Talk Fantasy Football
http://talkfantasyfootball.org/

NAF Championships 2016 - Queries
http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=42208
Page 3 of 4

Author:  Valen [ Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

The thing that makes me laugh the most about all these complaints about a ball up an ogres ass is you do realize we play a game in which players die, and they actually can be kicked to death while on the floor?????

If I was that bothered about introducing violence to my children then they wouldn't be playing at all. We have to accept the world we grew up in has long gone, kids nowadays are not shocked by things we would have been when we were their age, this model would just make kids giggle. The "other" one I agree did go a little far as that was violence in anyway that was purely sexual and sexual in a not very good way.

I find it very hard to believe that a parent that allows their child to kill models in a board game is going to be put off by a model with an ball up an ogres ass!! And if it does they are a very big hypocrite IMO.

On the dress code, I can kind of see where they are coming from and agree that the cos players at the WC were not my cup of tea. Anyone who knows me knows I frequent strip clubs quite often so I am not oppose to the odd naked lady, however there is a time and a place, and a BB torni is not it, just my opinion obviously. I do agree women should obviously be allowed to wear what they want and express themselves but possibly be mindful that this particular event is a family event.

Author:  Garrick [ Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Thanks Gav. You know me well enough to know how many times I have had to bite my tongue in this dialogue ;)

Maybe we should have asked my diminutive neighbour his opinion on this spiky subject ...

Image

but alas it is too late now!

Author:  dfunkateer [ Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Sorry to change the subject, but do we have to submit rosters this year?

I recall emailing it to Joe last year although haven't seen anything about that this year.

Author:  lunchmoney [ Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

dfunkateer wrote:
Sorry to change the subject, but do we have to submit rosters this year?

I recall emailing it to Joe last year although haven't seen anything about that this year.

From the rules pack
Quote:
We would appreciate all coaches sending in their rosters for us to check prior to the event. This will speed up registration on the Saturday morning and make everything run that much smoother. Please use the email address NAFC.rosters@gmail.com for this purpose.

Author:  dfunkateer [ Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Cheers.

I really should try reading things a bit more.....

Author:  PeteW [ Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Thought I would add my bit to the "Ogre controversy".

I am a committed Christian, and happily prudish about a number of issues: don't get drunk, don't look at porn, try to avoid innuendo, don't swear or lie.

I am also a parent of three, Hannah (8), Thomas (6) and Emily (4). I don't let them watch films that are out of their age rating (so no 12s yet) etc.

However, I wouldn't have a problem with them looking at the Ogre-with-ball-up-bottom figure. They would find it funny, and a little bit 'naughty' that it was stuck up his bottom, but I wouldn't be concerned or offended at all. There is no sexual connotation (that I would draw), and even if a number of you guys may see one, then my kids certainly wouldn't!!! :P

Not sure if that helps or not... but as always, I would slavishly follow the rules of those in charge and bow to their authority.

(Note: I didn't see the other entry, but from the sounds of things, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have liked it at all.)

Author:  Garrick [ Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

PeteW wrote:
There is no sexual connotation (that I would draw), and even if a number of you guys may see one, then my kids certainly wouldn't!!! :P

Thanks PeteW, I can confirm that there was no sexual connotation intended, the joke is along the same lines as the Farside Lost Puppy cartoon referenced earlier and I would be surprised to find out that anybody had read anything sexual into this diorama. The humour is based on the long standing British tradition of bottom jokes where for instance farting can be considered hilarious in the correct comedic environment.

I was looking to provide a humorous entry to differentiate it from the majority of dioramas that are liable to be violent and "a little bit 'naughty' that it was stuck up his bottom" was exactly the reaction I was hoping for :D .

Author:  PeteW [ Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Garrick wrote:
PeteW wrote:
There is no sexual connotation (that I would draw), and even if a number of you guys may see one, then my kids certainly wouldn't!!! :P

Thanks PeteW, I can confirm that there was no sexual connotation intended, the joke is along the same lines as the Farside Lost Puppy cartoon referenced earlier and I would be surprised to find out that anybody had read anything sexual into this diorama. The humour is based on the long standing British tradition of bottom jokes where for instance farting can be considered hilarious in the correct comedic environment.

I was looking to provide a humorous entry to differentiate it from the majority of dioramas that are liable to be violent and "a little bit 'naughty' that it was stuck up his bottom" was exactly the reaction I was hoping for :D .


An embarrassed ogre with a snotling stuck up his bottom would have been even funnier...

Author:  danger rat [ Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Will there be any trade stands at this years NAF? I was listening to an old 3 die block the other day and Chance mentioned buying a Halfling team from willy minatures at the NAF two years ago.

Thanks

Author:  PeteW [ Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Don't know what to bring!

Darkies... but I have used them loads.
ORcs... but they kind of suck at this TV.
Dwarves... same as orcs.
Vampires?! Crazy, but I will just get annoyed.
Skaven? Also poop at this TV.

Don't have any other teams. Maybe I should join the "tabletop cheaters" and buy a wood elf team... but I vowed I would never give in....

Arrrrrggggh!

Author:  Garrick [ Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

PeteW wrote:
Don't know what to bring!

Darkies... but I have used them loads.
ORcs... but they kind of suck at this TV.
Dwarves... same as orcs.
Vampires?! Crazy, but I will just get annoyed.
Skaven? Also poop at this TV.

Don't have any other teams. Maybe I should join the "tabletop cheaters" and buy a wood elf team... but I vowed I would never give in....

Arrrrrggggh!

I share your pain. You know you should play Dark Elves but the power gamer in you just can't resist those Woodies ;)

Author:  lunchmoney [ Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

PeteW wrote:
Don't know what to bring!

Darkies... but I have used them loads.
ORcs... but they kind of suck at this TV.
Dwarves... same as orcs.
Vampires?! Crazy, but I will just get annoyed.
Skaven? Also poop at this TV.

Don't have any other teams. Maybe I should join the "tabletop cheaters" and buy a wood elf team... but I vowed I would never give in....

Image

Author:  sann0638 [ Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

PeteW - happy to lend!

Rat - Tritex is confirmed, you could contact him if you want something specific?

Author:  danger rat [ Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

sann0638 wrote:
PeteW - happy to lend!

Rat - Tritex is confirmed, you could contact him if you want something specific?


Thanks do you know if he uses the forum?

Author:  sann0638 [ Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Yep, or here: https://www.tritex-games.co.uk/

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/