NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Ruthy
Experienced
Experienced

Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th

Post by Ruthy »

We all know this, but it's the principle of the thing, they should be able to acknowledge payees within a couple of days.

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Just spoke to Hawca. As he mentioned, paypal is messing about and won't allow emails to be sent, so make sure he has your email if you want the discount code! I suggest PMing on here.

Merry Christmas all!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Could be related... I have noticed that PayPal for some reason doesn't always send you an email notification re every payment, can mean you miss payments if you rely on the email account alone. Perhaps different types of payment trigger different notifications. Guess the best thing for a TO is to check PayPal incoming payments couple of times a week. Guess it does punters no harm to also email thenafchampionshipAT address as well as sending the PayPal.

Looking forward to this tourney and it's not even 2017!! :)

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Boneless »

As a reminder.

Please please. Send email addresses (PayPal does not give me it any more)
NAF name
NAF number.

Also please accept apologies if you've been missed on the list. A polite PM will sort this. My fiancée has broken her foot and we have a two year old to contend with along with it being Christmas. And I am but one man :-)

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
Boneless

Post by Boneless »

Pipey wrote:Could be related... I have noticed that PayPal for some reason doesn't always send you an email notification re every payment, can mean you miss payments if you rely on the email account alone. Perhaps different types of payment trigger different notifications. Guess the best thing for a TO is to check PayPal incoming payments couple of times a week. Guess it does punters no harm to also email thenafchampionshipAT address as well as sending the PayPal.

Looking forward to this tourney and it's not even 2017!! :)
I was unaware of this. Please let me know if you have paid and not on the list.

As you can appreciate the NAF PayPal AFC deals with not just nafc payments but every incoming and out going payment world wide. So I avoid it as much as possible lol.

I rely heavily on the nafc email.

Boneless

Post by Boneless »

Ruthy wrote:Come on guys, this is beyond a joke, it is nearly a week to the deadline and Xmas will get in the way for the most of us, you should be checking this and PayPal daily.

It's been a week since I paid and have no email acknowledgement or added to the list, I am obviously not the only one, if we can't get into the hotel I propose we bill the NAF for any additional costs incurred.
Hi

Can I firstly apologise for the delay, Paypal has changed the way it notify me, it no longer tells me the email or who from, and it stacks notifications with other payments. This is out of my control.

I do not appreciate the manor of this post on TFF. as you know and clearly pointed out were nearing Christmas for every one. your also aware of the magnitude of the task in trying to organise this event and the change (with no notice) in how paypal works did not help the issue. As ive said many times a simple PM to me would solve this issue over, were a volunteer organisation not a business so looking to 'Bill' the naf is unlikely to go far. However if you feel you can help out in anyway rather that criticise please offer the help.

Much appreciated, and Happy Christmas and good will to you over this festive season :)

email sent and added to the list.

Boneless

Post by Boneless »

Please check your on the list guys, if your not a polite message or email to myself with the date you paid and this will be sorted ASAP.

as mentioned before Paypal has changed the way it notifys and this is causing problems out of my control and for this i apologise.

Andy

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Hi Andy, big love to you for all you do to make this event what it is... Could the NAFC use a different PayPal account from the main NAF account, wouldn't that make accountability easier?? I assume the payments are used to finance the venue, prizes Ect. With the remainder ( if any) being moved to the NAF main account after the event?

That would also enable a separate financial statement to be produced should members like to see the logistics of the event.

Just my thoughts, as said, don't want to create work and big respect to you and the organisers.

Boneless

Post by Boneless »

glowworm wrote:Hi Andy, big love to you for all you do to make this event what it is... Could the NAFC use a different PayPal account from the main NAF account, wouldn't that make accountability easier?? I assume the payments are used to finance the venue, prizes Ect. With the remainder ( if any) being moved to the NAF main account after the event?

That would also enable a separate financial statement to be produced should members like to see the logistics of the event.

Just my thoughts, as said, don't want to create work and big respect to you and the organisers.

The problem came with receiving 7 payments the same day. It showed 1 notification on email yet had 7 layers as it lumped them together. The coach at the top got their name on the list. The others were missed. Now I know about this all is good.

I run my own excel statement so Paul G can cross reference my calculations.

Other options I will discuss with him in the new year.

Thanks for to ideas.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

However if you feel you can help out in anyway rather that criticise please offer the help.
If you mean that Ruth would be very capable of helping, she's handled entries for some pretty large tournaments in the past you know, and accommodation at a few.
She works 2 jobs, but I think she'd be willing to help if you think you need it.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

@Hawca, we are now on the list - hurrah.

Cracking job Andy, we don't underestimate the huge job you are doing on our behalf.

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Me and the three kids are on our way :)

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Boneless

Post by Boneless »

Updated, its 23.00 on Christmas eve.

Have a great Christmas all, hope its a good one.

Andy

p.s im taking tomorrow off :)

azzroag
Rookie
Rookie

Post by azzroag »

Hi all

i just check the list and i notice one mistake (link to the last debate i think) : i send 2 paiement from juliencoffinet@hotmail.com an 15/12/2016 (i just check my bank account and my paypal account to be sure) for me and Simon_acp

i don't see simon in the list so i think you don't see it.

can you check again and confirm me thats ok for him too ?

thanks

Julien

Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Manuel »

Hi there!

My brother and I will be attending to the tournmanent. We just ordered the payment: Lordillo and Anasarca, so please confirm us ASAP.

Thanks,

Manuel.