Your input is required on my tournament idea.

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

xbevisx
Experienced
Experienced

Your input is required on my tournament idea.

Post by xbevisx »

Hello everyone,

Starting to get a good scene going in my shop in Aldershot, tournaments are selling out, league is strong.

I think I would like to run a beach bowl/blood bowl 7s tournament in the summer and the idea would be to charge more money for a ticket but each player gets their own beach theme pitch (mousemat or pvc material based on the quotes I get back). Would that be something you would theoretically buy into?

Reason: ''
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Your input is required on my tournament idea.

Post by harvestmouse »

I guess you would have to weigh up the novelty of having a 7s pitch vs how much you would use it. 7s is afterall a side game that has limited longterm appeal.

Possibly if you incorporated into your league as a penalty shootout or probowl style deal. Or even introducing other games figures into bb it might appeal more.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: Your input is required on my tournament idea.

Post by Loki »

I would also say keep an eye on what else is happening on the dates you are thinking about - the price point might be quite different if you have 15 coaches versus 30 coaches. I think many areas are finding there are quite a few tournaments on which could then impact your ability to draw in extra coaches and affect the ultimate buy-in / viability.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.