The Albion Coast Cup 2005, Southampton, 20th-21st August

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Reason: ''
A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Hmm...the seller is StoneColdCas, which is the email address for Neil Caswell, the guy in Weymouth that didn't show for the second day.

Do we need to do something about this Ben?

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Why? He obviously painted it for the competition, doesnt want it so he is selling it, I dont see a problem with it tbh, but not my torni :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Did he? I had no idea who entered a Wight mini...I was just (probably wrongly) assuming he didn't have one as he wasn't there last year. But I guess he bought one from Heresy.

My main point is whether he should give credit to Mike Thorp as the sculptor...

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

I don't remember seeing that wight before. Was it one from the tournament? Anyway, he could have got it from heresy and so he can sell it if he wants...

the only thing that is wrong with it is advertising it as BB, which it clearly isn't :oops: :wink:

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Of course it's Blood Bowl, it's just not GW. If he did get it at the tourney, it was a Blood Bowl tourney. Blood Bowl is the only game out there that this figure is made for. Sure it can fit into almost and Undead army or whatever but it just looks BB to me. I'd call it Blood Bowl too if I were selling it. What would you call it?

Have fun!
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

what I mean is that it is 'fantasy football' not Bloodbowl which is the get out clause other manufacturers use.

I couldn't possibly say we gave out bloodbowl figures at a Bloodbowl tournament, we gave away the Albion wight and Albion wolfman fantasy football models.

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

Emberbreeze wrote:I don't remember seeing that wight before. Was it one from the tournament? Anyway, he could have got it from heresy and so he can sell it if he wants...

the only thing that is wrong with it is advertising it as BB, which it clearly isn't :oops: :wink:
It wasn't at the tournament. Mine was the only one there with an orange paint scheme, and seeing as you weren't giving them out this year, i'd say that he either got one last year, or from Heresy

[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Fubar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fubar »

Ta for pointing that out! From the looks of the description he's come by the model by some means other than being at the tourny... It's cool to see one of my models on ebay! It certainly wasn't in the competition...

He's entirely welcome to call the model anything he likes - it's his ebay auction. From my perspective it's a fantasy football model that could be used in other fantasy football games (Deathball for example), it just happens to be well suited to Bloodbowl :D

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

That guy has a sh1t garden

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Musta Surma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Musta Surma »

Indigo wrote:That guy has a sh1t garden
:lol:
Oh I thought that was a common UK garden :wink:

Concerning who participated with a painted figure, then there are no records of this anywhere.

Success renders the foolish wise,
and failure makes the wise foolish!
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

Nope, the "Thorpe Painting Contest" seemed to be a rather informal affair

I think there were only about 8 or 9 entries

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

Musta Surma wrote:
Indigo wrote:That guy has a sh1t garden
:lol:
Oh I thought that was a common UK garden :wink:

Concerning who participated with a painted figure, then there are no records of this anywhere.
all the pics will be online (eventually)