The Albion Coast Cup 2005, Southampton, 20th-21st August

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Darkson wrote:How about a decent Zombie?
Like that's good for me! :roll:

Reason: ''
[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Some of us just ain't got your style or skill.
(Damn BB coaches that can convert, paint AND play!;) :lol: )

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

Bit of news to take notice of:

We have had to change the venue slightly :x , I've just been informed that the room we used last year is now unavailable due to the SU marketing department needing it for all of August (what for I have no idea!) However the Union has many other big rooms and we can use 'The Cube' night club as the venue.

It has it's disadvantages like no windows, but it has advantages too like it is bigger and we could sell more tickets if people are interested. It should be a good venue and will avoid the 'trek' through the tunnel to find the room :wink: plus there are sofas outside for relaxing on between matches :)

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Emberbreeze wrote:...It has it's disadvantages like no windows...
:-? I hope it has doors, well at least one.... :o

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Your very silly :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Nope, just claustrophobic!!!! :o

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

it is a very big room, 2 floors high, loads of room and big double doors

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Going to cost us more to hire?

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

I don't think so. Trevor (the Building Manager) was very appologetic about messing us about, but I'll e-mail and double check tomorrow.

It is a good big room and as an old member of staff for the cinema (it is a duel purpose room) I might be able to get into the projection box to use the sound system :wink:

I actually concidered asking to use this room last year

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Sounds good. I might see if I can get a couple of my club mates up for it.
Is/will there be a website with all the info?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Am up for drinking, playing (and bringing) silly games and perhaps a quiz if it isn't too late in the evening at the Hobbit. After a round of the Fellowship*, I doubt that I could remember much for a quiz except that Bilbo is a vile little hobbit...

Am perfectly happy with any tournament prize that would be given (it's got to be better than GW's scrap of paper IF you do well enough to rate one).

Am almost finished with a project or two of my own, then I will turn my attention to my own prizes to hand out at the tournaments that I attend. Another pitch would be possible, but will see how that goes.

*am up for a rerun of that if you are, DW. First round is on me. :D

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

Darkson wrote:Sounds good. I might see if I can get a couple of my club mates up for it.
Is/will there be a website with all the info?
last years site is still up :wink: I really need to spend a few hours one weekend sorting out a new version as I don't have access to that site any more (anyone know a good free ftp client, my trial of cuteFTP ran out)

Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

Torpor wrote: Am perfectly happy with any tournament prize that would be given (it's got to be better than GW's scrap of paper IF you do well enough to rate one).
The prizes will almost certainly be up to last years standard. I have a couple of great new ideas (If I can source the supplies), but the trophies are the same as last year (except I'm giving painting them a go this year :roll: )

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Torpor wrote:... I doubt that I could remember much for a quiz except that Bilbo is a vile little hobbit...

:lol:

I think it went:

"Bilbo;
Admirable Hobbit,
Disgusting drink"

:lol:

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

In a bored moment at work I knocked up a little logo for this years ACC. Not that Emmas last year wasn't anything but great. It just wont fit some of my 'plans' for this year.

Any constructive comments for improving it?