Pearlies II - 23/24 April

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Big thanks to Big Al and the rest of the Blackshirts for another great PKQ (and I get my ref model for my Bloodbowl All Stars Team!!!).

Well done to Luke and Pippy on their placings and commisserations to Dave on our last game (I think our dice had been used up during the rest of the tournie and couldn't be ar$ed for that last game :lol: )

See you all (hopefully) in 2 weeks time!!!

Geoff

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Indigo wrote:Luke "Blitzwing" Gregory won, the first proper tourney win for Humies IIRC
Congrats to Tojurub, Luke and all the other prize winners.

He wasn't quite first. chunky04 won Leviathan (16 coaches) with humans about 11 hours earlier :D and there was a certain BB winner too :D

Richy does have another orc team that he painted gorgeously - any pics of the savage orcs?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Great tourny ,
nice mini :P
I now have a shaking cup
and some nice new dice ( thanks firebreather) :lol:
See you all hopefully at the BB

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Sprout_man
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sprout_man »

Great tournament. Also had a 3-0-3 record, which is pretty good for Nurgle, although playing Goblins and Vampires on the last day helped quite a bit! As a result although I came 13th my NAF ranking has actually dropped four points... Argh!

Anyway, great fun. The Beast says: "Grrrraaaagh hurgle Blearghy Squish"

(Trans - "Thank you for a wonderful weekend. The Goblins were delicious")

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Well...I'm back again:

Thanks to Al and the rest of the organizing gang for a superp tourney.

Here's my (Halfing) story:
Played the first game against fellow NBAler Darkson with his Pro Elves (weird, last week at Ghostbowl7 I also started out against Pro Elves :roll: )
He was up 2-0 fairly quickly and I somehow managed to motiveate my Trees perfectly: 2 accurate TTM in a row made it 2-2, but then the speed of the Elves caught up with me and he scored the 3-2 in turn 7 or 8 I believe. I had one TTM attempt left, but after another accurate throw my Fling was so surprised that he had to look back in mid-air and forgot about the most important thing about flying: The landing :-?

Second game against Innerspin and his Chaos Dwarfs. Turn two for me: BH his hobgoblin, next up the Bull centaur: SI, another hobgoblin in the way: Dead.... :lol: after that I saw another chapter of "Stalling will kill you!" He was trying to stall the game and in turn 6 he decided to Blitz with the ball carrier (one square away from the endzone) agaisnt my approaching Fling (who was 3 squares away!!!!!)....both down, RR both down....me getting control of the ball, but not being able to get it into his endzone 0-0 a half (CAS 3-0 :D ) In the second half I had a few bad dice rolls when I was on his side of the pitch and he gained control of the ball...he scored in turn 8......then again trying to TTM...inaccurate, the scatter is in my favor, but unfortunatelly the Fling hasn't learned from his buddy (you would think they talk to each other in between games....but no, they just eat as much food as they possibly can)...lost 0-1, (CAS 3-2)

Next up: Lycos Dwarfs: there was nothin gin for me in this game, too many scattered 1s and skulls just didn't allow me to get anything going. At the half I had no players left on the pitch (surprisingly: 2 CAS, rest KO). One of the trees came back, but the other one decided he's to good for that game and stayed in the KO box to have a nice furtilizer cocktail. Lost 3-0

Next day: I was up against Lowney (sp?): a 14-lineman Norse team with 5 RR.....I could handle the scattered 1s and skulls to a certain extend, but then in the second half somehting happened, which I will probably remember for a very long time (and the others around me will probably too). I had a streak, which topped even my Bubble record against Lucy last year (11 rolls none higher than 2). I made the following dice rolls:
1,1,1,1,1,5,4,1,1,1,1,1,1 out of 13 consecutive dice rolls I managed ELEVEN 1s!!!! and after that I made a long pass (aka Fling long bomb), but failed the necessary GFI with another 1. I used the RR already on the pick-up, which was the last 1 out of that "special series of mine"...I think I lost 3-0 or 2-0 and CAS-wise I think he had 5 or 6 against me....bad game....really bad game!

Next up: Ryan and his flings: it was amazing, my first TD was a running TD, his first TD was also a running TD, my second TD was a TTM, so was his second TD...and then I was close to his endzone with the ball carrier. I just needed a dodge roll, but I wanted to equalize the CAS count before I score so I had a 2 dice my choice with my ball carrier: BOTH DOWN RR BOTH DOWN....fortunatelly he failed the dodge and I finally scored in turn 8...my first win against a NAF player since December last year (4 tourneys drought)!!!!

Next up: Captain Hat aka Hoomin Erra with his Gobbos: it was a very intense game, it was very much fun. He scored in turn 8....my Flings had a chance to return the favor, but the ball didn't scatter well enough and it was 1-0 gobbos entering the second half. In turn 4 I was about half way to the endzone with the ball close to the side line, but my cage (aka lunch box) was holding well....only 3 more goblins in the way. Then Hoomin decided to use some desperate measures: 3 dodges and a 2-dice my choice block against the ball carrier...he made the dodges and got a double POW. My fling is down next to the sideline, ball scatter into the crowd and it must have been the gobbo fan block: They threw that damn thing 11 squares towards his endzone!!! He got the ball, two of my Flings got to him, but couldn't touch him, so I went with my tree, which had not rooted at that point...2 GFI to block...made them ....wowo....three dice block: Triple pushback!!!!! and his gobbo had sidestep. So one more dodge for him and he scored the TD...2-0...it could have been gone towards a tie if these stupid dice would finally stop going against me all the time.

Summary: I didn't end up in last place (Ryan did), but I surprisingly won the Most Sporting Coach award!!!

...oh yeah....everybody is invited to join me in the ceremonial dice burning tonight!

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Sorry Tojurub, guess Nuffle had it in for you a little more than he did for me. :roll:

Had a blast. Took (Pro) Elves with about 15mins to go before the tourney started (I just think the Ginger one wanted me to get mullered ;) ) and I didn't really expect to much, only having ever coached them in one game previously (PBeM at that) but I came away with a 3/2/1 record that officially makes me the #1 Elf coach in the UK (out of 6 :lol: ).

For once there wasn't a single game where I didn't feel like I was in it, and I was surprised on how resilient my elfs were. I think the fact that I didn't have a single Dodge player confused everyone as well! :lol:

Cheers to the ECBBL boys, and to Al in particular.
It was great, and I'll be back next year. :D

P.S. If you haven't already had the pleasure, if Hoomin ever suggests a game of Fluxx, kick him! :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

Hey Peeps

Lets See

All I can remember about the Pearlies in the way of my Dies rolls was the Numbers 1,2 & 3 in Conjuction with Long Passing my TTM in a total of 14 attempts I managed to get 4 to not fumble and on one of those I failed my Landing NUFFLE DAMM IT

Anyhow a Big thanks to the Al and the guys for running such a great tournament at to all my opponenents for not laughing at me as soon as my Flings were put on the pitch (I know you wanted to :lol: :lol: )

And as the Govonor once said

"I'll be Back"

See ya next year

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Hey Al,
is there any change to see the full standings listed somewhere?

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
lowsman2
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lowsman2 »

Final placings were

Position Player Points
1 Luke Gregory 127
2 Brendan Spacelayh 122
3 Massimo Banal 121
4 Richard Would 120
5 Dave Candlish 119
6 Jelmer Bergsma 115
7 Anthony Lown 115
8 Joe Hainstock 112
9 Paul Reed 111
10 Richy 111
11 Luca Paniucci 109
12 Rob Brain 106
13 Michael Wood 106
14 Paul Gegg 105
15 Geoff Porritt 104
16 Alec Hocking 103
17 Justin Vaughan 103
18 Ben Patterson 102
19 Scott Wilkie 102
20 Leslie Mitchell 102
21 Ryan Talbot 101
22 Simon Ashe 100
23 Jamie Hemmings 99
24 Dave Downes 96
25 Andy Horton 96
26 Adam Giess 96
27 Michael Spencelayh 94
28 Justin Bukspan 92
29 Gary Mills 92
30 Geoff Thirwell 91
31 Darren Burnett 90
32 Rick Hocking 88
33 Gavin Sutton 87
34 Peter Meijer 86
35 Erik 83
36 Steve Watson 82
37 Captain Hat 78
38 Menno Grijpma 77
39 Ben Trayhorn 76
40 Aran Isom 71
41 Alan Young 70
42 Richard Davies 57
43 Torsten Blaetter 50
44 Michael Ryan 25

Cheers to Al, Paul and Dave for running it, and thanks to all my opponents for good games (even Luke :lol: )

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Cheers all for a great tourney. Was a blast.

Still wondering why I got to be the one who has to wait until the bloodbowl for the ref fig!! :evil: :wink:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

Al/Indigo,

One of my matches was entered wrongly...

98 miloquaser 110 1 - 1 jelmer 110

This should be 1-2

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

First of all you forget to mention an award: Roller and me got the very important “most travelled coachâ€

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

hoomin_erra wrote:Cheers all for a great tourney. Was a blast.

Still wondering why I got to be the one who has to wait until the bloodbowl for the ref fig!! :evil: :wink:
There were 29 given out to 45 coaches. All the Blackshirts and you get to wait to you're a blackshirt really, you're just in denial (and that's not a river in Africa).

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

[quote="Panico"]
  • ·Being stopped by the policemen on friday night at 2am on our nightwalk to the hostel
    ·The girl on the hostel, hearing our latin language, asking surprised: “You came from Spain just to play a figures tournament???â€

Nuffle Sucks!
Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

PS: @ Peter (miloquaser), your new ranking…179,05… BUUUUUH!
And it will be even worse when Indigo changes the result for the match Miloquaser/Peter played against me... we did not draw... i won 2-1 :)

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II