BUBBLE 2505 - it's all over

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Ok, here in depth covearge:

First of all many thanks to Veja, Redfang and El Condor for giving me a plac eto stay - you were wonderful hosts. Thanks a lot for that. I had a great time with Redfang and Fondu. Hanging around with Fondu is like taking drugs - but just better (and funnier) :) Special thanks to Keks for his scary music collection (MC Hammer!)

Is this the famous view from Redfang's Vampire Castle?

No, it's just Zeist in the mist.

Keks and Fondu 7.00 am - wake but still sleeping somehow

First day: Spot the two tourists in this picture! Actually Lucifer and Dan Titan supposed to play at that table

After match 3 outside - Baerbel and Frank and somebody else who obviously has lost his last match (fatty - jeroen dollekamp .. dave)

Sputnik is happy about some attention

Lucifer has pulled a new friend out of his head...

...who is unfaitful and fancies Dan Titan instead.

Menage a trois? Anyway, the usual suspects

Saturday evening at the "Pannekoeken Huis" - Pancakes galore. From left to right - Middle row: Sputnik, powerturtle, orin, Yavatol, Tojurub, Dave, fatty. Front row: Lucifer, Dan Titan, Candlejack, Baerbel, Frank, Planlos and one guy of obscurity (traveler). Back Row: Oliver, Fondu, Kekscommander (Commandeur des Biscuits), ? and Draco.

Mirror universe, Gnarf and Duke Jan (?) in the far back corner. The girl next to Sputnik has died in the meantime. Tojurub tries to look knowingly.

Back home (Redfang Castle) - the Artist at work! (For all ignorants: that's sculpting, not smoking pot)

...but doesn't like being watched and makes some suave moves Fondu style

After the tourney - not tired playing with balls, Ramsey strokes a bit...

...but is totally uninterested of the game when he's not in the limelights (with Lucy & Niels).

While others chill out at the bar and attempt some BB-small talk to the zillionth time, Draco get's high with coke and Redfang is just happy to be the only geek in the room with female accompany.

And now to my matches:

First of all, they didn't tell me before but I seemed to play with a special houserule: Knock out results count as Badly Hurt. At least I managed to bring back only 10% of my knocked out Dark Elfs and had the honour of playing mostly with 7-9 man on the pitch during the tourney. But enough whining:

First match against Djenghis' Skaven:

Two KOs in the early turns (two failed dodges) and had to struggle with 9 man against that squiking horde. Some ball plays and I managed to tie to a 2:2 in the last two turns bc he bungled the ball once. He was fair enough not to play slowly at the end bc we had to rush the last turns. Very sportsmanlike, thumbs up!

Second match against Yavatol's Wood Elfs:

My "Game of shame", received 2 CAS and 3 KOs in the first half AND fumbled the ball twice. The KOs did not come back and I saw a funny 2nd half coming. Very simple routine: I receive, try a fast touchdown, get overwhelmed, he counterscores, KOs stay in the box. Repeat 3 times and mix in a Blitz for Yavatol. At some time he accumulated 5 TRR (cheering fans) he hardly used. I got smeared 6:0, the highest loss ever in my BB-life and good fun for all the audience. Oh, yavatol is a good coach too btw. :)

Third match against TuernRedvenoms Khemri's:

I score in 5 turns after losing the ball and getting it back, he can't score in 3 turns and fails to bash me into oblivion. Second half he grinds to a slow 8-turns touchdown. 1:1, no kills.

Fourth match against El Condor's Skaven:

My best match, many ball handling errors, silly dodges and cunning plans that fail on both sides. Somehow I lead 3:1 in turn 3, 2nd half. Before Old Man Draco aborts the match we decide to rush and he scores twice on me in 5 turns by pulling very, very weird stunts. OK, that he succeeded in his next 50+ rolls in a row might have helped him... (without a RR left). 3:3

My last match against Benji's Amazons (I always seem to play against him in my last match at the Bubble)

A nasty Amazon line up with Guard galore and Dirty Player. He has an apothecary but that's wasted money bc I only break armour twice in the whole match. After some guard-chess I mingle free and win 2:1.

With 1 win, 1 loss and 3 ties look freakish indeed. Not good enough to win, not bad enough to lose it seems? Have I told already that I hate KO rolls? I do, really :)

Reason: ''
Kheldar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Kheldar »

At first I want to thank Dave and Draco and everyone else I forget to mention, for a perfect organized tourney. It was my first non german tourney, but for sure not my last. I had a lot of fun, and tense games. Most of which I won, because my dice kept going in critical situations, while those of my opponents did not.

@Totti
You were the only one kicking my butt this time. I would love tol get my revenge on you at another tourney. This time without Get the Ref ;-)

@My teammembers
*Cheer* unqualified, unqualified *Cheer*

@all not mentioned yet
Thanks for a wonderfull weekend. We'll meet again.

Totti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Totti »

I have to admit that the only reason I beat kheldar was that get the ref.

Always ready for a re-match. See you around.

The Rafmeister is back!

The Return of the Rafmeister!
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Match reports

1) Chaos Dwarves (MadMike)
What a draw! I start the tourney of with a dwarves v Chaos Dwarves match. But to my surprise this match was fun. His minotaur spent most of the first half ruminating after being knocked over. Turns 6 and 7 I tried to pass the ball into Mike's half, but fumbled every single time. Turn 8 of the first half MadMike could score with his Bull Centaur: Dodge, pick up ball in TZ dodge GFI GFI GFI. So he dodged, picked up the ball, dodged again went for it - 1 (sure feet to the rescue) GFIs again 2 and then made the final roll come up one. That was such a narrow escape. In the second half it was my drive, I managed to score, it wasn't as legendary as his attempt, but I took my time and that denied him the equaliser. He might have equalised as I didn't dare to stall till turn 8. It was a match where both players took chances which made it fun.

2) Lizzies (BlueDevil)
Yeah, I go a tournament and get to play the guy who lives around the corner. Still, it was a fun match. Yes, luckily there's a fun BB player around the corner. I got a chance to use my anti-lizzie tactic. Pin down his sauri and hunt down his skinks. Make him move into your half and then pass to a blitzer behind his lines. It worked. 1-1 at half time. The scond half was worse. He got the ball quite soon and I constantly failed to put pressure on the ball carrier as he was just too friggin fast.

3) Amazons (Sqar)
Yes, amazons!!!! This would become a slaughter. It did, he got the ref in the 1st half, immediately proceded to foul mty guard longbeard to death (APO) and by the end of the 1st half I was 1-0 down and there were 7 dwarves (yes, the legendary dwarf number, things would get better). Too bad there were still 9 snow whites. Well, there's a remedy for that. So I started blocking them - DoubleSkulls re-roll double skulls. :lol: By that time Squar and I had a trading system going, he got me a beer I got him a cigarette. It was firmly in effect and the match got funnier and funnier every turn. By turn 8 all I needed to do was a 3+ pass 4+ catch and a 3+ dodge. I failed :( So, when playing dwarves with amazons, get the ref for a half and things will even out.

4) Orcs (Traveller)
YES, a grudge match!!!! Unlimited fouling (oh wait, that's Death Zone). Anyway, I had to get even for the DO05. We started off slowly, as our minds were still trying to remember how to think on a sunday morning. The first half took about 90 minutes. A lot of knocking people over and people standing up. I had to remind traveller of how you push players off the pitch twice. But things went well, scored turn 7, Traveller equalised in turn 7. Yes, he'd remembered to feed his troll before the match. So second half. We finished in time, so that means it went a lot faster (30 minutes). This game was becoming real fun. I managed to get his troll of the pitch for the rest of the match. The turns were really fast. Orcs go down, Orcs stand up and try to get into the semi cage around my runner. Yes, a cage, I hate playing them, but against Orcs there's little choice. At least I can proudly say that it wasn't a proper cage and the Orcs had a chance to come in, only to be knocked down again of course. I scored in turn 7, Trav's troll hadn't regained conciousness. I got my revenge :D

5) Halflings (Draco)
Enjoying the speed of play I continued to play at a rediulous pace against Travellers Orcs, I kept it up against Draco. Not wasting any time I killed a fling on my first action. My troll slayers dressed up in flanel and were enjoying themselves tremendously. They never wanted to be a BB player, all their lives they wanted to be lumberjacks! All tournament I had been rolling armour rolls that wouldn't have bruised a fling. Now I was rolling 10+ on almost every armour roll. By the end of the first half the score was 1-1. Second half the slaughter continued. Trees were taking root, runners failed to pick up the ball flings were flying flings were dying. It took me until turn 8 to make the pass for the winning TD. I fumbled it of course. 2 flings and 2 trees in various states of agony were remaining on the pitch and I still didn't score as my dwarves refused to hold a ball properly.

A few comments about the tourney. The prices for things like first 1 rr 1 (although not fair to people playing against halflings), first kill (not fair to people not playing against halflings), first send off (not fair to people not fouling :roll:) were really great. The venue proved to be excellent for hosting the tourney, 2 tourney minis what a great idea, loads of international players, great pancakes, great system for painting price (although perhaps the jury members shouldn't be competing). Yes, it was even better than last year. Perhaps a system for grudge matches should be introduced. I got my revenge on Traveller, DwarfCoach got his revenge on Djengis, and such games are really great. They're not about NAF ranking, they're personal :evil:.

Nuffle Sucks!
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Echoing the thanks to Dave, Draco and Yavatol for the organisation, Grotemius for the hospitality, all my opponents (Niels, Dan, Barbael, Straeten & Candlejack), and all who made the effort to come along.

Great event and hoping to see peeps at Spiky/Eurobowl (both those who qualified and those who didn't/wouldn't/couldn't :wink: ).

@ Dave - please, please, please, please, please don't use Table 2 next year - I SWEAR it's cursed!!!

@ Narko - piccies (hopefully) by the end of the week

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Thank you all for the compliments! :D This is what we do the work for!

Before I start saying thanks I want to give a special cynical thanks to the person who has "borrowed" my range ruler without my knowledge and did not bother to bring it back. PLEASE all look into your boxes and see if you have two range rulers. It's not easy playing the game without one!

Dave, thanks for the great pretournament preparations, it makes the days of the tournament itself so very much easier.

Ronald, thank you for supplying the computer technique and the printer. Next time phone me instead of towing that heavy thing to the venue! And thanks for taking some pictures for me at the ceremony.

Yavatol, thanks for making a splendid tool and helping me out with listing the final results and writing down the prizewinners.

Orin, thanks for helping in the organisation and the one thing Tuern forbids me to talk about.

PowerTurtle, many thanks for filling the gap left by a player who decided Magic is a more fun game than Bloodbowl. Next time please think about that before you sign up instead of posing the organizers with problems! :evil: We do spend a lot of time making everything possible (sorry for the rant, I felt it was needed!). Again PowerTurtle, thanks for filling that gap.

Thanks Ruediger, for not posting certain pictures of certain persons so I don't have to post certain pictures of other certain persons! :wink:

Thanks Grootemuis, waiting for me to help me when in the end I could combine the work with Ronald.

Thanks Talkarde, for winning the tournament. I guess now everybody thinks that staying at my place is a guarantee for a good result!

Thanks to Redfang for organizing the pancake resaurant for the second year in a row.

Thanks to MadHobbit for showing up on saturday and making some pictures for me.

Thanks to Hellraiser for showing me where to find the "secret" extra films on the LOTR DVD's. That was really very entertaining, espescially the MTV award with Gollum!

Thanks to Oliver for not spilling any sugar this time! (Yes I will hanunt you with this forever!!!! :wink: )

Thanks to Tojurub for bringing the special dicecups Dave and I had made for the twins and the "Granulierter Knoblauch!"

Thanks to Fondu and Laraigne (who could not come) for making the new Bubble mini's. This is a mini that most people will be jealous of!

And of course to everybody who did show up and enjoyed themselves.

Maybe I forgot some more thanks, but these were the main ones I left out on sunday and felt well deserved to be mentioned.

Narc, the missing people in your post are "PowerTurtle, Orin, next to me was Kheldar, opposing Kheldar was Mad Mike and next to Frank hiding was Traveller. Next to Dave was Jeroen who is new in the Bloodbowl Tournament scene, but I'm sure we'll here more from him as he was very enthousiastic. (He's one one of the earlier picks with a questionmark as well!)

Well, how was my tournament? I was exhausted before it started. It was not better at the end! (I hope Lucifer can shape me up a bit in that video!)

The games started with Halfling versus the Woodelves from Frank. Frank was very lucky getting away with a 4-1 win. In the second half after I made 3-1 it was due to 3 succesfull KO rolls that he could field 7 wood elves instead of only 4! And in that case it would have been a different ballgame! After those 5 CAS, I thought it a good idea to keep concentrating on them!

Orin took my place for the second game (I don't remember against who but will look it up!) and made the mistake of receiving the CAS instead of making them. This was not part of the plan, so something had to be done in the third game.

Redfang was bound on getting as much CAS as possible. An Ogre-Halfling bash was something very interesting. Of course the halflings were much better and overpowered the poor Ogres (except on the cas account). Indeed Reinier pointed out exactly how to make the winning touchdown for me and this time the trees and the little men did everything right! TD! 2-1 for the halflings.

Match four was again played by Orin against TuernRedvenom and Tuern made me vow that I would not say that he lost that game with 1-0 because of the shame so of I course I will not tell anybody that the Halflings beat his Khemri! :D :lol: (BTW Gert, Seb was only slightly better with his team at the Brassbowl! Hows that for comfort! :D )

Match five I played against Duke Jan. I knew I had a lot to do after this match so Richard and I played as fast a we could and it took us only an hour to give the Halflings a well deserved draw with only 4 of my players left on the pitch. Too bad for Duke Jan that he forgot how to handle the ball, using all the good dice rolls for the armour and injury rolls!

After that it was time to make sure that everybody would get the prize they deserved. I think that all went ok! (Except forgetting to hand Talkarde the beautifull red Bubble trophey :oops: , but I blame Narkotic for that because he took too much time talking about minis! :P :wink: )

I guess that's about it! I'm still half asleep, dreaming about a great tournament that we will do again next year.

Dave, do you think we can fit in 100 players next year?? :o :wink:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Hey Draco,

What's this about me being just slightly better with the undead than Gert is with his khemri against your killer flings???

I DID NOT LOSE THAT GAME!!! (This is of course if you do not count a draw against halflings as a shamefull loss ...)

I do have to thank you Draco, because now I won't get my butt kicked anymore for making that draw. Now we can really have a laugh at Tuern for actually LOSING against flings!

The shame ...
The horrible shame ...

By the way, reading al these posts made me conclude I was wrong indeed. I should have been there. But no worries, there's always next year!

Greetz to all and do remember to come to the Brassbowl in Ostend - Belgium on the 10th-11th of December!

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Quermitt wrote:I do have to thank you Draco, because now I won't get my butt kicked anymore for making that draw. Now we can really have a laugh at Tuern for actually LOSING against flings!

The shame ...
The horrible shame ...
Well I was playing Khemri in pouring rain against halflings that got the ref (and my re-rolls) with me rolling triple skulls/both down in two consecutive turns as my first action while my mummies contantly tripped over their shoe laces and my dirty player (and my mummies too) refused to roll more than 4 on their injury rolls. :cry:
I was lucky I played against flings cause any other team would have beaten me 6-0.
But still... :wink:

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

lucifer wrote: @ Dave - please, please, please, please, please don't use Table 2 next year - I SWEAR it's cursed!!!
yeah.. says the man who outcassed my undead 5-0 on that cursed table despite having a 0-3 mighty blow distribution... sooooooo cursed... boohhooohoo :-P *duck and run*

Beware of the revenge of the Whipped Cream Brownie!! It will be... unsetteling!!
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

*gets more and more jealous*

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Quermitt wrote:Hey Draco,

What's this about me being just slightly better with the undead than Gert is with his khemri against your killer flings???

I DID NOT LOSE THAT GAME!!! (This is of course if you do not count a draw against halflings as a shamefull loss ...)

I do have to thank you Draco, because now I won't get my butt kicked anymore for making that draw. Now we can really have a laugh at Tuern for actually LOSING against flings!

The shame ...
The horrible shame ...

By the way, reading al these posts made me conclude I was wrong indeed. I should have been there. But no worries, there's always next year!

Greetz to all and do remember to come to the Brassbowl in Ostend - Belgium on the 10th-11th of December!
I wrote nothing of the kind! I promised Gert I wouldn't! :lol:

And Oostende will be in for a treat again! Draco has it on his calendar for this year! :D

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Thanks Ruediger, for not posting certain pictures of certain persons so I don't have to post certain pictures of other certain persons!
:o ohohoh.... hm, i will check my picts tonight! :wink:
I guess now everybody thinks that staying at my place is a guarantee for a good result!
Just take me as negative example... :roll:
where to find the "secret" extra films on the LOTR DVD's
i will try to find them again tonight... :D

Traveller

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

*joins ithilkir*

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

hoomin_erra wrote:*joins ithilkir*
Next year, we'll make up for it ;)

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Damned right we will!!!

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!