Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Same here... Still on holiday in Finland ! :D

Reason: ''
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

amen to draco's thanks .. but where are those extra tracks ??

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

...I just got home a while ago (ok...before I went to work I took a shower)...but I'm pretty exhausted.

It was a great tournament, run by even greater people.

Before I go into my game reports (The tournament went well for me...with the exception of a certain game against some Welfs) I have to say this:

THANK YOU ALL

especially Draco and Dave

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

my match reports:

after having Yavatol read the wrong match up (the test print) we got everyone settled and I was faceing lucy in the dutch dictator clash.

all was going well untill turn 3, I had a skink with the ball deep into his half and had to gfi once with a saurus to get one TZ away, another block would leave the way wide open for the TD .. GFI was a 1 freckin' 1

andré stole the ball, scored as soon as he could and started to wreck havock on my team .. I did score once but that's about all I managed ..

final score 4-1 to lucy (2-0 cas) and a revenge for our T5 match I guess ...

andré is a great opponent but our matches are usually weird ..

next round were planlos' halflings ..

no RR's is nasty (I had one in the 1st half)
he TTM-ed a TD in very quickly but then stopped my advance by makeing about every dodge roll he could .. he blitzed into my cage constantly and as I rolled 9's for AV and 4-8 for cas life didn''t get much easier ..

I scored 1-1 at the end of the half but got really, really stuck in the second .. a fling doing a 6 dodge, 2 GFI, pick up ball in 2 TZ action (only failed the first GFI, had a RR (Mine) handy allmost spelled my doom but a failed hand off gave me one last shot at victory and I took it

2-1, 1-1 in cas, good match against a nice opponent (I played him a the A'hof 24h as well)

next round was cloggie .. CD's
he already gave a short overvieuw of the match, but here's my take

I was all over him in the first half (I kicked) after a blitz .. I put a lot of preassure on him with my BT saurii .. he one with block helped as well. I got the ball and scored. HE tried again to set up a drive but again I stopped him, allmost scored but was stopped by a dodgeing dwarf who made a simple hand off a quick pass .. and as skinks are the same size as the ball you play with the little one had severe problems getting the ball where it should go.

Second half, I broke through his line easily and got a cage ready for the TD .. only one CD then DODGED into the cage, downs the ball carrying skink and cloggy goes off with the ball ..

I managed a 1/2 die blitz in turn 6 (shouted a lot and got shouted down by gorbad), next turn he decides to score and I manage the 2-1 win in two turns .. his KO cow and CD's not coming in did help I need to say.

2-1, 0-2 Cas

after day one, I find myself mid table (24th) with two victories .. not that good, I may need to redesign the scoring system for next year.

next day it's Grotemuis .. long time BUBBLE member and regular opponent.

we start early and his chaos team is warmed up pretty well .. 2 cas in the first turn, some more out by a foul and a failed dodge and I'm in biiig trouble ..

1-0 at halftime and it looks grim (turn 6: dodge: 1, dodge skill 2, turn 7: dodge: 1, dodge skill 2, grotemuis scores, 4 KO rolls, 3 ones and a five)

second half I have 3 saurii left but equalize fast.

next turn another saurus goes off and then the fun begins .. I decide to be as annoying as I can and actually manage to stop geerten from scoring, even allmost win by blitzing his ball carrier three times: 1 KO, 2 cas for a skink :D geerten is under some pressure and failes to pick up the ball at elast once somewhere in between. I allmost manage the win but fail the 2nd dodge on the scoring hand off

weird match, 1-1 (2-3) is the very, very best I could hope for after the first half ..

last match is Coen (bluedevil), another BUBBLE member.

he made a small mistake early int he 1st half and pays dearly. He can only push my players where I knock him down (no cas as per yet) He failes the 2nd gfi for the TD I score on his drive and recieve .. by that time we both are a few players down, but I got one more on the pitch ..
I score easily the 2-0 and he scores back .. now there's enoug time for me to score 3-1 and we wrap up the match with one more turn to go.

3-1 (5-2) win where it was all decided by the dice ..

over all 3/1/1, I'm quite hppy with my 11th place.

the hardships of organizing next to playing are tough .. shouting 'commands' and announcememnts does get in between playing a bit, I apologize to my opponents for that but I assume they won't really mind.

I really enjoyed the fact that so many coaches from abroad came in to play at 'my' tournament and I really hope the dutch coaches show up a bit more on future possibilities.

I hope we have a few more personally painted teams next year. There were 4-6 more teams up for the prize, but they were all painted by others than the coach. I had no say in the 4 teams that were set up for display but the fact that two were painted by the comittee I called to life points at the fact they know what they talk about.

for next year, Fondu, think about what you wanna make !!
I'll try to approach nearby hotels for a cheaper rate ..
the korenbeurs does want us back :D
we go for 60+ coaches !!

THANKS TO YOU ALL !!

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

I think that should read
Dave wrote:after having made Yavatol read the wrong match up (the test print) and make him look like a complete fool

Although I believe it was a cunning one-two between you and one mr. Draco :D

Anyways, my match reports:

In game 1 my Wood Elves take on SM's (Grote Muis' brother) High Elves. The entire game is played in pouring rain. I take a quick 2-0 lead and lead 3-1 two turns in the second half, at which point I fail to pick up the ball for quite a lot of turns and SM fights back to 3 all. I have a chance to score 4-3 in the final turn but fail the final catch.

Game 2 sets me up against Narcotic's Dark Elves, whom I never played. So it was nice to meet him. For the first two or three drives the game is nice, but than Narcotics dice turn against him and I score a lot of Cas and TDs. The game finishes 6-0…

Djengis with Skaven is next. I know Djengis from the Dutch tourney scene, but this is the first tourney match we play. He scores fast, and than we have a pitch invasion on my drive. My catcher that was supposed to pick up the ball is one of the stuns and Djengis manages to put the ball in one of the far corners of the pitch. I retrieve it pass it, but the catch fails so I am down 2-0 pretty fast. I fight my way back to a 3-2 lead in the second half, but cannot stop the equaliser. Fortunately Djengis leaves me 2 turns to score, unfortunately he rolls a blitz and it all goes pear shaped. Funnily he fails the 2+ pick-up to score in turn 7, but manages the 4+, dodge and pick-up in the final turn. I loose 3-4. There was some luck in Djengis win, but trust me, he is getting better than he lets on… :wink:

Next day I starts with a game against Powerturtle who steps in for one player who decided not to show up. She plays Dark Elves, and we have a very interesting first half which ends with me leading 1-0, with Powerturtle receiving at the start of the second. But the second half resembles the game against Narcotic and I win 4-0.

By this time I have scored 16 TDs and bend on winning most TDs, but the leader (Frank) did also and he's gonna play Wood Elves vs Wood Elves on table 1 while I am facing Tojorub's Dwarves. I tell him I want to score at least 4, but he doesn't really agree. I start the game receiving in a blizzard. The first turn I fail to knock any dwarf over on four blocks, for which I need a reroll. Since I do not want to make 3+ dodge past tacklers without reroll I retreat and wait for an opening. Tojorub responds by putting a lot of tackle zones. My second turn I dodge one guy 1. Reroll success. Now the ball carrier needs to dodge to hand off to a catcher who might be able to run away. 1. Oops, 2 turns spend and still no player on the half of the dwarves. But than Tojorub fails to do any real damage and with some luck I manage to get the ball away and deep into the half of the dwarves. Tojorub can reach him with going-for-its, knocks him down, runner needs going for its to retrieve the ball but slips on the icy pitch. This was to be repeating theme with an approximate of 10 of Tojorubs turns ending in a failed GFI. My dice are doing well enough, rolling 2 blitz results and scoring 6 touchdowns against none for the Dwarves. (Just for the record, during this game you would get a free drink for a 1 reroll 1 and I win 3 (!), but never for any crucial roll).

I finish 6th of 50, a result I am most happy with, but best of all I scored 22 touch downs in 5 games!

Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

hm.. well.. not sure if anyone really cares... but i feel like bragging about my matches a bit ;-)

well... as yavatol reads the pairings for the first round i shuddered a bit when
i heard i was facing redfangs ogres... a really unpredictable bash team coached by someone i have no clue how good he is.. and then i heard the "false alarm - wrong pairings" and somehow felt a bit of relief ;-) but only until the new pairings were read out.. got put up against the big meatballs again.. just moved from table 18 to 14.. so it got a bit better since that table was a bit larger than those round ones ;-) but would i be able to win my first opening match? redfang was rather optimistic.. or at least he managed to give me that impression.. and when i realized those ogres had 3 rerolls i really got worried.. they won the coin toss and i set up my defence.. opening turn.. zombie ko.. skelle cassed.. zombie ko.. allow me to say "OUCH" the skelli regend.. but.. well.. so i decided to do it the elf way since that little ball thingy was still on the ground.. mummy opened the gap.. ghoul went in got the ball and tried to get away.. the rest set up a rather poor protection.. but the best what i could do at that moment.. luckily the ghoul did not go down in the next turn.. just got surrounded by some gobbos.. a chainpush.. a dodge.. 1-0.. *pewh*
from that turn on the ogres started to bonehead like they were trolls.. blocks failed.. and gobbos refused to dodge.. so i was up 2-0 some turns later, but the skelli i brought back got cassed again.. regen works the second time.. though a ghoul went to the grave.. (damn overpowered ogres)
kick off... blitz!.. 3-0 at half time..
my first offence.. some blocking some dodging.. 4-0.. and again that one skelli got cassed.. regened.. again!!! *muhahahaha*
now the ogres were really eager to try the ttm.. ball picked up.. handed off.. bone head succeeded.. inaccurate pass.. lands.. go for it to the endzone.. 1!!! gobbo stun.. opponent totally demoralized... ghoul got the ball .. and 2 turns later did the pass for the 5-0 end score.. but not even my mummies could do a single cas.. did 4 ko in total i think.. most of them gobbos..
i really hope i can give redfang a rematch with some more even dice.. nuffle left him _no_ chance at all there...

so i had 17 points and +5 td-diff.. that should have put me rather high on the ranking table.. and indeed i got second.. first place some skaven that also had scored 5-0.. i really had to check twice.. the had a better cas ratio than my undead.. but then i realized why.. they played the unbashiest race of them all.. chaos dorfs... *?????* (thx, cloggy :-p) so i went to table one.. for the first time EVER.. woohoo..
again i lost the coin toss and Kristoffel Peentjes aka Marco started his ratty offence.. tried to keep the gutters at bay blitzed them as hard as i could.. but in turn 3 one got into the endzone.. he just needed that ball.. luckily his friend fumbbled the scoring pass and suddenly they got overwhelmed by dead flesh.. had a hard time to get the ball under control since most of his -2db resulted in pow and push/pow what is very anoying when your ghoul gets blitzed by a strip ball player :-p in the end i got a nice but also a bit lucky 2-0 win.. and even 3 cas.. so again 17 points.. wohhhooo...

could not believe i stayed at table one for another match.. and even got first on the ranking..something felt really really wrong there.. but then happened what was unavoidable.. i had to play woodelves (Frank).. those are a real nemesis for me.. but so are skaven usually.. well.. i wondered if my luck would keep up.. as the teams stepped onto the pitch heaven opened it's gates and down came a cloudburst... i started kicking myself for not taking sure hands yet... in the first half Frank managed to avoid the 1 on his dice.. and did some nasty elfplays ;-) so i was down 0-2 soon.. i fouled 2 times in that game.. both times got sent off on that 6+.. bah.. so i refrained on good old block bashing... and the elfbox got fuller.. also it really helped that one wardancer refused to get out of the ko box for the first few drives.. and somehow it was 2-3 two turns before the end.. i decided to set up an aggressive defence trying to get that 3-3 and did some real desperate moves.. but could not bring down his ball carrier.. so it ended 4-2.. *sniff*.. was a deserved win.. even i bitched a bit about his dice rolls in the first half ;-) in the second one lady luck let him down a bit.. but with a 4+ on all ballhandling actions i could not outplay the elves when i needed to.. but was fun after all :-))

on the second i had to face wood elves again.. *sigh*.. this time against hellraiser.. it started out much better than the last time.. could bash bash bash.. get players out and score a late 1-0.. in the first half only 5 or 6 elves on the pitch.. and i managed to get a hold on the ball pretty quick... had to put the ball carrier a bit away from the bashing pulk but somehow one of the blodge catchers dodged out and did a double pow/skull on the ghoul.. yeah.. he had no block.. so suddenly the ball was gone..
and i did not manage to get that catcher down.. don't ask why.. no clue myself.. with some real anoying runnig, dodging and passing the elves ran circles around me and suddenly that wardancer had the ball and ran into the endzone.. 1-1.. d'oh.. :o :o
not much time left.. and some more elves back.. was a about to screw it up? it went back and forth .. and in turn 16 with no rerolls left a ghoul stumbled into the endzone with a gfi.. a very entertaining match that showed what the fascination of bloodbowl is.. the game can ALWAYS turn.. never underestimate the dice..

after this nerf wrecker i was 3rd again.. was really suprised to end up that high.. and my last opponent was Lucifier and his 5 guard amazons.. woohoo.. i had 1 tackler.. but i was hoping my 3 mighty blow and the dp would help me a bit there.. i won the coin toss.. har har.. mangle mangle.. bash bash.. oh wait.. no.. he got a BLITZ! o_O.. and before i even started moving my half was full with amazons griefing for the ball... after several turns of pushing and dodging i somehow managed to score.. but suffered some cas.. luckily all on zombies and skells so i still had my speed and agility left.. a injury time and some agressive blocking combined with a few failed rolls on lucifers side saved my lead over the half time..
amazon offence.. his thrower was my best man in the next turns.. failing almost everything.. so i got the chance to steal the ball out of 2 tackle zones.. and i did it.. but the pass into the cage was inaccuarate and landed a bit outside.. so lucifer bashed an dodged his way through my 8 or 9 player defence.. to score a quick 1-1 and to go for the winning td..
was totally outnumbered.. he had caused 5 cas on me of which only 2 regend and some kos.. i did not one single cas.. only a crowdsurf took a blitzer out.. so i was facing 11 amazons.. tried my best to get past him.. but did not work out.. got lucky he failed the 3+ hand off for the score.. really enjoyed this tough game against a good coach..

thx too all how made this a great tourney.. the organizers.. my opponents.. and my team that helped me to get my first trophy ever ever ever.. woohhoooooohooo :-))))))

Beware of the revenge of the Whipped Cream Brownie!! It will be... unsetteling!!
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

got the matches up over at the NAF site, please check your results ..

I've double checked them already, but you never know ..

Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

results look good.. thx a lot for that real quick update.. but it looks like the netto cr change is not calculated correctly.. it just equals the cr change of the last match. not sure if that is something you have to fix or if it's a prob on the naf-site.. just thought i let you know..

Beware of the revenge of the Whipped Cream Brownie!! It will be... unsetteling!!
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

the magic button has not yet been pressed .. it'll happen tonight

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Surprisingly my Dark Elf rating increased by 4 points... ties are good for something at least. :wink:

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

they only calculate the results of the last match .. untill tonight that is ..

Talkarde
Experienced
Experienced

hi

Post by Talkarde »

4/1/0 good for me ;-)

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

1-0-4 .... argh ! :oops:

Traveller <back to the roots again... painting and collecting !> :wink:

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

So where is the pic of Mr Bubble? And has anyone got a spare? :D :wink:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Talkarde
Experienced
Experienced

hi

Post by Talkarde »