Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

:zzz:

Reason: ''
[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

nice pics trav !

and I indeed also wondered why the painting prize was won by a team that wasn't painted as good as quite some others !

Djengis 8)

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I had him on my shortlist, the painting was average, but the conversions were inspiring. Didn't vote for him though, the painting was just a bit too average. Kool's figs are an awesome paintjob, but they are around for almost a year right now and thus i went for someone else.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
dantitan76
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dantitan76 »

Nice pics.... (on each pic i´m like lost in space... :D)

Personaly, I went for Dave´s Norses, but well you never know.... (lucy, was it tight?)

After so many tourneys... time to get some other things in this live...
Diana "Glu-Glu" Titan is here... You got only 17 Years left to fear!!!! ;)
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

longfang wrote:for those peaple who went to the DO.....

How did these (in my mind painted to an average standard....just)

beat these (superbly painted)

Did he bring more mates? Please enlighten me.
I voted for the gobbo's. And I'm not a mate of his. Sure the DE team is better painted but it's mostly just 40k minis with the guns clipped off. The gobbo team looks awesome IMHO, superb conversions, great theme.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I voted for norse so he could come second

Tante Kaethe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tante Kaethe »

My pics are online too (mostly miniature pics).

You can find them under www.botzliga.de in the "Photos"-section :D .

Cheers,

Tante Käthe.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I voted for Kool. TBH I didn't like the Goblins that much, because I want Goblins to be Green. I laughed at them, admired the conversions and went on. Dave would have been my second choice.

TBH I'm not sure that was even the best GOBLIN team there - Djengis' team is very nice.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Can't see your pics Trav (told me that the area is still under construction).

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Can't see your pics Trav
Just refresh the page... seems , you got still the old version in the cache.
Its working at different PCs for me...

Traveller

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

he

a) got quite a few mates around who ..
b) did some 'agressive commercial talks' like .. why vote on these gobs while thise (Jorts) are this much better ...

Jort is a very good converter and an average painter imho .. having quite a few friends around helps him beating Trav / Kool / Djengiz / Longfang ..

Not the way the painting vote should go IMHO

Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

duuuuuudes.... is it just me, or are you taking the painting contest a weeeee bit to serious at the moment?? :o there were a lot of cool and nice teams around.. and there will always be different opinions about what team is the "best" since it's a subjective decision .. why not just grant him the win and cheer for him as we do when someone else takes home the trophy for the first place? :-?

cya, Candle

P.S: can't we all just.... get along ;-)

Beware of the revenge of the Whipped Cream Brownie!! It will be... unsetteling!!
Matron de Vil
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Matron de Vil »

What Dave said :wink:

The problem in a large tournament is that the players rarely have time to go around and see ALL the teams. Even I could not do that, and I was not even playing....

So naturally the teams that are taken into consideration for votes are
a) those of well-known painters who may or may not have won prizes in the past
b) those of your immediate opponents
c) those with the most aggressive marketing
d) to a minor degree, those of your mates, regardless of the paint job

True, there was some aggressive marketing going on even before the event, and comments made about other painters that were not very nice :evil:

But let's not take this out on Jort.
IMO he is a deserved winner. His painting may not be quite as sophisticated as Kool's or Del's, but the overall impression of the team - conversions, colour-scheme and straight, clean painting - is eye-catching and won him the prize. And it must be said that Jort himself did not advertise his team, nor make any comments about others. So let's not spoil that prize for him.

What might be a good idea for future large tournaments is a jury-selection of teams for the painting vote. That way, everyone gets the chance to see ALL the competitors, not just a few, and aggressive marketing cannot have a large effect. There are lots of possibilities how to do that. To name only a few:

1) All players can enter suggestions by email until, say, a week before the tourney. The refs will then take a pick from those, but can also add teams on the day of the event itself.
2) The selection is made during the first day of the tourney by the refs and some accomplished painters (Del, Traveller and Norse spring to mind)

Then there will be only 5 to 10 teams to vote for, which makes the voting easier for the players.

[i][color=purple]"NUFFLE loves you, too."[/color][/i]
[b]High Matriarch[/b] of the RCN
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

The easiest would be to do like the BB did - Refs and qualified others have a look at Lunch day one and pick out a shortlist of five or so.

I always do this thing the same way: Go around and see if any teams make me simply say "wow". The two that did that at the DO were Dave's Norse and Kool's vamps. Trav's Orcs and Ramz' Norse were not far off either.

If we were voting on cool conversions, then Sir would hav had my vote, because his CDs were great fun, even though the paining wasn't any better than my own. They made me giggle and I moved on. Same applies to those gobbos (and they aren't green enough either).

Still...what do I know?
(Beyond that Del would have walked it had his team been finished in time...)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

But let's not take this out on Jort
I agree ! No offence meant from my side anyway. Its a fun team for sure ! :D
If we were voting on cool conversions, then Sir would have had my vote, because his CDs were great fun
yes, i agree, too... for conversions voting and fun factor it would be one of my favorites at this tournament, too. :)
And Dave Norse and Cool´s Delfs were on my shortlist. Well, Del´s Undead didnt count... this time! But i´m quite sure he will win the next painting contests anyway with his finished team :wink:
comments made about other painters that were not very nice
Yes, i heard these , too. And i dont like it , too!!! :evil:
The easiest would be to do like the BB did - Refs and qualified others have a look at Lunch day one and pick out a shortlist of five or so.
Or 6 or 7 or just 4 ... just dont tell before there will be a special number of best painted teams. It will make it easier for the choosing people in the first decision round not to have a fixed number before. And much easier for the coachs later! I was running from one flat to the next to get a overview to make a short list. To much to see...
duuuuuudes.... is it just me, or are you taking the painting contest a weeeee bit to serious at the moment??
Candlejack, i just can tell from my personal side, if i paint and convert a team for more than few months, i will take a painting contest quite serious! :wink: Its a honor to win or lose "against" good painters IMO. I think, a "winner" of a tournament will take it serious, too, if he/she lost because some not clear rules or unfair treatments ? But the world will not turn upside down not winning a painting contest ... true... its just a game! :wink:

Traveller