Traveller´s Dutch Open picts are online, too

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Matron de Vil wrote:Judge's selection is not fool-proof either, and there has been a lot of criticism of that practice used on other tournaments.
That's why I suggested (here on the board) that coaches can enter their own team if they want. I don't know how many people would have entered at the DO, but if it was more than 10 I'd be amazed. No preselection by any form of judge or jury is required

Reason: ''
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

any voting system can be fooled.

about the "friends voting for you" question I know a bit:
at the Bubble I also feld a bit guilty about winning the 2nd best painted, I knew my team wasn't the 1st 2nd or even 3rd best painted.
My brother asked before the tournie if I wanted him to vote for me and I said he should look around to choose which one is the best. In the end he said he'd voted for me because he had seen how much work I had on the team and all the ideas behind the team. the friend of mine who was there als voted for me. that meant I got 2 votes from friends.
this is what the other guys just also did at jort I think and I respect it.
and with some nice conversions I think he got the other votes.

maybe an idea to make 2 prizes:
a conversion prize and a painting prize. because it actualy are two quite different things although also many times a bit the same.

djengis 8)

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Scrap painting prizes entirely and learn to play better!

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Scrap painting prizes entirely ....
kind we did already! :lol: Waiting for your finished undead team... it means no painting prizes for us anyway this year... :wink:

Traveller

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

just my usual tuppence:

I voted for Jort because I thought his team had the most impact.. I loved his conversions and the "humour" of the Gobbos...

were they the best converted team there? no... Trav & Del are ahead of him

were they the best painted team there? no... Kool & Dave are also ahead of him

did they make me wish I had tried something like that? yes... and I felt overall they deserved my vote...

as long as beauty is in the eye of the beholder these issues will never be resolved.. and thank God! One man's meat is another man's poison... live and let live...

Group hug! :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

Norse wrote: Group hug! :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

:lol:

... just waiting for the famous: I LOVE YOU ALL ! :wink:

Traveller

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

traveller wrote::lol:

... just waiting for the famous: I LOVE YOU ALL ! :wink:

Traveller
you'll be waiting a long time then...

I hate most of you... :P :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
furocious_fleabag
Experienced
Experienced

Post by furocious_fleabag »

Hey guys I've just heard about this discussion yesterday at the bar. Havent been at TBB fot a while. I was just reading the other posts and have to admit to ,and agree with some things.

I absolutely didn't have the best painted neither the best converted team in my opinion :oops: , the plastic greenskins are to easy to convert. I think it has been the some times absurd humour in the team aswell as originality did the trick. Actually my team was painted in a hurry and I am not very satisfied with the paintinglevel of my team as well. I'll show you the real works on my dwarf team (tartans) and my Nurgle Rotters (almost fully self-sculpted) I will play my dwarfs at the Massacre. And my nurgle's will take up a lot of more time.

Indeed almost everybody from M@dhobbit league voted for me, not because I asked them but I think because some ideas came up speculating about this team with other MH players (and the right amounts of beer present). And the fact that most of MH players didn't see my team untill the DO. So there was a lot of talk about it amongst MH players (this was intentually :roll: )

Just like many others I havent seen al teams though I've made a walk trough the compleet building( never layed eyes on the Dark elf team which is very good looking judging by the photo's) To make sure this doesn't happen I also think a jury should select a number of teams which in their eyes are the best overall teams. Display them and give the voters the chance to look at each team and make a weel considered and fair choice. I think this will avoid situations like this one.

And yes! I'm stil very pleased with my painting prize :lol: :lol: :lol: I just think situations like this should not have to take place if there was a better system for the judging of teams.

No hard feelings to anyone and hope to see you all soon.

And if there are people who are jealous at the prize I've won... I figured out the 3-D puzzle in 20 minutes :wink:

Greetings Jort

Painting Awards:
M@hobbit Massacre '04, '05, '08, '10, '11. Dutch Open '05. Brassbowl '05, '08. BUBBLE '11. HQ-Bowl '07, '11. Flanders Chainsaw Massacre '08. Sunville Bowl '08. Dungeonbowl '09