Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

I took both :wink:

Reason: ''
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Lucy, if you want someone to do the NAF stuff on the day without getting in the way of the tourney and M@Hobbit's time, I'm happy to volunteer..

R

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
benji
Rookie
Rookie

Post by benji »

i will be there to defend my titel last is best

madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

Taking Chaos Dwarves isn't the best choice for that Benji. There are 4 halfling teams competing for that award... :lol:

m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

madhobbit wrote:Taking Chaos Dwarves isn't the best choice for that Benji. There are 4 halfling teams competing for that award... :lol:
If he keeps rolling skulls like he did against me at the Dutch Open then that title is his for sure!

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
benji
Rookie
Rookie

Post by benji »

i will be last muwhahahahahahahaha

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Had a great time this weekend. Played some really nice guys and had some very exciting games. I played my halflings this tourney and am really happy with my 2/2/2 end result (22nd out of 36).

First game was against high elves. Always tough to play against and the elves didn't have much need for rerolls. The fact that my opponent didn't make mistakes left me facing a 4-0 at the final whistle. This loss should at least give me more manegable opponents for the next few matches.

But what did the second round bring me? Grotemuis' 200-something-ranked Chaos Dwarves. Oh boy... But Geerten is a nice guy and suffered a few early turnovers. That and being able to keep his minotaur out of the game for most of the time enabled me to tie the game at 1 all.

Third match up put me against Jelmers Necromantics. Bah... Claw... A very exciting match. The first half was pretty even handed. Early in the second half it was 1 all and then the carnage started. Jelmer took a few turns to tear my team apart and left me with one tree and four flings to try and keep save. He had a load of TZ's on my tree, so I had only one option. Throw a 6... and I did... (2-1) A crazy end to a great game.

Sundays first match-up was against Dwarves. But slow as they are, they didn't show up on time (something with beer and women...) Draco's opponent was nice enough to keep the field equal, so I played Draco's flings instead. One tight and difficult game. Diving Tacklers all over the place and sweltering heat to boot. End result: 2-1. Wow... Up to table 8!

And at that table: Necro's. This time there wasn't much to do for me. No crucial turnovers to take advantage off, and an opponent succesful in breaking through my lines on numerous occasions resulted in a 4-1 loss.

One match to go, and at this point there were two fling teams contending for best stunty. Me and <insert_name_here> at ten points. With me doing better (just) on the first tie-breaker (Net TD + Net Cas) -11 vs -12. And my opponent doing better at the second tie-breaker (Net TD). If we would be paired we would battle it out between the two of us. And that was exactly what happened.

This game was really close. We both played quite different styles and the tension of the best-stunty-contest made the game one to remember. Trees standing rooted and lots of thinking/counting because of Diving Tackle and Sidestep were what defined this match. In the first half my opponent received and we had a scrimmage on my side of the LoS which lasted for 5 or six turns. He finaly broke through and got the touchdown just in time. I set up for a one-turner, but with a backline of Diving Tacklers it was doomed. The fact that the kick wasn't suitable for a one-turner made it completely impossible. In the second half I managed to equalize within a few turns, after which we went back to the same scimmage situation. Some casualties which had been scored so far made it less difficult and enabled him to break through (lack of SS). At which point he failed a GFI... I managed to get the ball, hand it off and throw the fling. Inaccurate. Good enough, I thought. Scatter, scatter and scatter and my fling ends up three squares further back than planned and in a TZ of his tree. Well, it could have been a DT-er, so dodge and run. 5 squares further, count to see if he can reach me and he just can. So one GFI was in order... Guess what? Right, One more fling of the field. He now has three turns to get the ball, hand it off and throw a fling. Oh, and we're 3-3 in casualties at the time, so if he scores one more casualty he's the best fling coach. So I put TZ's on his tree and intended flyer while trying to score another cas with the rest of my team and my opponent works on getting the ball where he wants it and trying for that cas. Nothing pays off however and the game ends at a complete tie (the only correct outcome IMHO) and I go home as stunty champ!! Woohoo!! Honestly one of the most exciting games of BB I've ever played. I'm wondering if that adrenaline will ever wear off!

Once again, great weekend, and thanks to all my opponents (sorry for not remembering your names, I'm terrible at that) for fun games!

Kudos to the organization as well! Clear rules and rulings and a good atmosphere overall. And free drinks always help :) And what better for music when you're playing stunties than Pater Moeskroen :lol:

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Weerdo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Weerdo »

I've put some pictures of the massacre online.

"There are only clear pows on those dices"
Mauz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mauz »

I had a great time, as always on the madhobbit. I will post my reports this weekend incl photo's :lol:

Naf Coach 'Mole'

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Well, I had fun this tournament. Time to do something about my dwarves' NAF ranking. So first opponent: Wood Elves Image. Well, 2-1 time. So, elves recieve, score in 2 turns and then I receive. So far, so good. His catcher and WDs were not too hard to keep in tackle zones and with his WDs wisely refraining from leaping into my cage I made it to the EZ. 1 all at half time. Now I receive. Again evrything went according to plan, even better. One WD and one catcher were buried and I got a nice start. BEating Wood elves. Instead of keeping the threat alive he pulled back everything in front of my cage which was flattening his team like a deathroller. 2-1, as planned.

Next match: Darknova's Orcs. I've beaten them before, so why not again. Well, actually because I couldn't eliminate his 1-turn TD threat and focus on removing some BOBs. Only in turn 7 did his gobbo ventured too close to the sideline, and next turn it was his blocking BOB's turn :evil:. Finally: a break.Second half there was another gobbo, but the game was going slightly better for me. I never managed to keep him down and move to the EZ though, 0-0.

Third match of the day Ray-me's skink team. 12 skinks and a Krox. Lots of speed, but I have tackle. Although it was hard to keep those mobile skinks covered, I did manage to break his drive and move my runner forward. My runner Manganite got slightly upset with all the skinks running at him in a menacing manner and then knocking him over. Luckily he wasn't alone so the skinks didn't survive, but he had to stand up and pick up the ball about 4 times between the half line and the end-zone. Yes, at the end of the half it was 1-0 for me and the handback factory was looking at a nice supply of leather. Second half things got really nasty. The game ended 8-0 in cas and 2-0 for the dwarves.

So day 2 I started at table 2 :o The Virus Cologne, who would go on and win the tournament, would give me one of the toughest games I ever played. These pesky wood elves didn't Duck up anything and Nuffle suddenly remembered he hadn't screwed me over enough on day 1. So I rolled loads of ImageImage Despit this I mad things sufficiently hard for him to have 1-0 score at half time. Most matches had finished by that time. But we were to continue. It was the obligatory 2 turn TD for him next. Then Another painfully slow drive, but we had to speed up. I really wanted to win and became too eager, made a defensive mistake and he managed to punish me for it. I lost 2-1 in 12 turns.

Which meant I had no opportunity for lunch, while completely worn out from the intense game against the wood elves. And on to meet MORE ELVES! High Elves to be precise, the same as mepmuff mentioned only now they had leap. A team of friggin War Dancers would have been better, they would have tried to dodge more. I rolled my 10th ImageImage of the day that match and my mind was elsewhere. With food to be precise. Even forgot to intercept, of which Norse reminded me. Despite the succesful interception with my troll slayer, I lost 1-2.

Next up: Khemri. Just when I thought life couldn't get worse. Within 3 turns I was 4 players down and what's worse, it was the first time I ever played against Khemri. Well, after a long time I finally figured out and got a runner out of his reach. But since I lost anyway I was trying to even the CAS score before scoring. Another ImageImage, lost 2-0.

NUFFLE YOU BASTARD!

Nuffle Sucks!
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Good to see my leaguemates did so well. 3rd, 5th and 6th place :o Too bad I couldn't make it. :-? But Leipzig was a blast too. :)

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Totti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Totti »

Tuern which leaguemates are you talking about? The ones that you haven't played for months? :D

I had a great tournament, thanks to all and special thanks to Menno for a really crazy and great opening game on saterday.

See you all on the Lowland Border Brawl.

The Rafmeister is back!

The Return of the Rafmeister!
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

who won all the prizes??

Djengis 8)

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Mauz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mauz »

A bit late, but this is my first report on this site, and I even included pictures :lol:

Saturday was mine, all mine! Didn't wake up with that tought, but the first draw put me in front of Scar, a very sportive and fun opponent.
This was a very tense match for about ... 2 turns after which I sent off his fouler, his 1-1 didnt happen at the last roll dice (a 1 of coz) beat the crap out of the rats he came with round after round after round. I was very lucky with the injuries and it soon left me with a very few rats left on the pitch and I just pushed thru. All compliments to scar who kept on playing even with 2 setups with 3 rats and 1 setup with even 2 rats... Final score: 5-0 in TD's and 6-1 in casualties in favour of the ladies. This ranked me number 1 from the start and I wasnt bumped off all day.

Dreading Dwarfs the 2nd draw put me in front of Norse's zons.

Amazons versus amazons it was. A few unlucky dices for Norse and another fouler sent off (njaah njaah), I managed to lead 2-1 into the 2nd half and punching a few zon's lights out. (loads off clear pows for me and pushes from Norse, luckily for me). We both smelled a 2-2 coming up somewhere, but the play and luck were for me and I scored the winning 3-1 in the end, which was the end result, and 3-0 in casualties for me. Wow, I was still ranked first.

The feeling of impending doom came near as I thought i had to face dwarfs, but I dodged them yet again, and faced Necromantics instead.
Image.
This was a fun match also, with no real continued bad luck on either side. The Necro's were well on their way and oppurtnunity knocked when his werewolf with block slipped and saw my first chosen Dirty Player ever sent him to the injury box (after i fouled off (KO) his Whight with tackle in turn 1, and he didnt show up until the 4th turn in the 2nd half). The opponent threw a 6 for getting the fouler out, but my coach was very pursuasive and the fouler could stay. End result: 2-1 and 1-0 in cas. Wow!

Ranked first from the first match all day, I knew this wasn't going to last, knowing I had to face dwarfs now, knowing i have used up all my luck I went to bed, claiming saturday for me.

Day 2: first draw: yip, dwarfs... very confident dwarfs... ¨
He played well, knocking a few zons out, but not really hurting me. But I was very unlucky with my dice, I couldnt even dodge away from the nontacklers and I lost 2 oppurtunities to score the tie there. This match ended in 1-0 for the dwarf and I think 1-2 in casualties. Ranked 4 now, still in the race...

Seeing Dwarfs lose on the table next to me I feared facing dwarfs again, but I ' lucked' out and faced Yavatol's Woodelves instead.
Image.
My bad lucked continued which is very bad versus a very fast team with a good strategic coach like Yavatol, + his ability to roll almost only 5s and 6s didnt help either (not to deny his great coaching abilities, but of every 10 rolls, he rolled 1 or 2 below 4). So, his good rolls combined with his great coaching skill resulted in a 3-0 loss and his AV7 was still too high for me as I inflicted only 1 casualty when it did not matter anymore. Ranked 10 now, yay...

The last match was a very fun match indeed, the nicest I had this tourney tbh, versus Bluedevils's skinks: Image

After he scored the 1-0 and I bashed out his superskink (sure hands, sidestep, catch or surefeet) he manged to intercept a certain touchdown, and made a 2-0 lead, which I wasnt able to overcome. I scored a 2-1 in the 2nd half, which was followed by a 3-1. Scoring 3-2 left me the opportunity to maybe tie the game up for the last 2 turns, but he ran off with the ball, and the bastard didnt allow me to blitz 2 times in one turn ( :P ), so he secured the win. A very fun match versus a great coach who's AV9 didnt prove to be off any trouble for me, as I punched them stunned and KO time after time. Final ranking: 15.

All in all a great tournament, with saturday as one of the highlights in my BB tourney campaign...Too bad sunday wasnt going my way either, but i did not have any illusions about that. I do have the least casualties taken of every team, and ended positive with both TD's and Casualties.

I'll be there again next year!
A couple more photo's:

Benji versus Straeten:

Mr. M@dhobbit himself who wasnt to be bribed:

Naf Coach 'Mole'

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."