Eurobowl.German team training.

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Eurobowl.German team training.

Post by longfang »

Only coaches who do not drink may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who do not smoke may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who look physically menacing may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who use the IP rule may attemt to qualify.
Only coaches who know throwing ranges in their heads may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who will go to bed early so as to wake up ready for a 5k run on tourney mornings may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who take winning VERY VERY seriously may attempt to qualify.

:roll:

The level of seriousness amongst the germans with regards to qualifying for the Eurobowl will only knock the ass out of the fun of tourneys. Sad. Very fecking sad! Well done people why not try really hard to feck it all up :evil: :evil: :evil:

Reason: ''
[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

very constructive comment.. thx.. :-/ you should have met enough of the german coaches to know that only a minority among us is that competitve.. and even if 8 german assholes will make it to the team i doubt very much that the whole event will be screwed..

Beware of the revenge of the Whipped Cream Brownie!! It will be... unsetteling!!
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Eurobowl.German team training.

Post by Glorian Underhill »

longfang wrote: Only coaches who know throwing ranges in their heads may attempt to qualify.
I´m a dwarven player i have burned my range ruler. But i have learned the range for my opponents. :D

Whatzup Longfang? The 8 german coaches who will attend will been longtime fun tournament players. Sputnik and Tim for sure and then some other guys. So far there is a list of 20 coaches and only eight will arrive.
The spanish have the same number of travel willing coaches and are also in some turmoil. Although they have said that they wont take the discussion as barbaric as the germans. :roll:

When you have a team captn who has a strong grip on his team. OK. But we germans have got now a hang to democracy.
but when you wanna hit someone. Kick olafs butt. It started all only of him . :)

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Ignore Del, he is a grumpy old git ;]

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Re: Eurobowl.German team training.

Post by kithor2002 »

longfang wrote:Only coaches who do not drink may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who do not smoke may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who look physically menacing may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who use the IP rule may attemt to qualify.
Only coaches who know throwing ranges in their heads may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who will go to bed early so as to wake up ready for a 5k run on tourney mornings may attempt to qualify.
Only coaches who take winning VERY VERY seriously may attempt to qualify
I'm out then :wink:

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Democracy. Is democracy fun. WTF has democracy got to do with attending a BB tourney. FFSake stop the thread and stop the rot. If any of you are not asked to go then too bad for you! Get over it. Get your ass to some other tourney. Host another tourney under some other title. WTF is going on? Why make such a meal out of it?

What is more important, having the best 8 ubar coaches or having 8 friends?

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Lol at Del...bad day mate? :D
Been watching the thread and I wonder if some of you German guys have any idea how it looks from the outside...
Maybe you should have conducted the discussion in your native language over on the German section on the NAF site or somewhere else where certain others of us can't follow it with a mixture of amusement and mild disbelief.... :lol:

Of course it's up to you to sort it however you want, but I just can't help nipping in there from time to time and shaking my head. :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I know it looks bad from the outside (and the inside as well) ... however, i think fairness is a vital part of every game and if the new way to compose the team will give a fair chance for everybody to attend it's a good thing. Please do not judge us for being good opponenents before you've seen the outcome. I think most other nations will get the same problem soon ;) You need a strong dictator like Lucy to avoid such discussions and you know we Germans have problems with strong dictators ...

Btw ... I'll remember everyone how great a dictatorship is next time someone complains about why Beckham is still playing for the English side ;)

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

cos he's a mate of Grumble's.

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

I have also glanced in wonder occasionally at the thread written in English discussing the German teams selection process...( :P ?)

I understand that all German guys who contributed to it wanted to be in the German team and therefore wanted a fair chance for all who would like to attend. Sounds good, and I hope that whatever decision is made gets majority approval. 8)

At the end of the day, it is one tourney. It will be rated as a small NAF tourney. Cool. There are many of such events. DO NOT PANIC. :D

I think it was chatting to Sputnik via e-mail which really helped me understand that this tourney is like any other. Don't get me wrong, it is cool. Official/important sounding name. Still just a tourney. With the odd caveat of being 'semi-invitational'. Does that make it better or worse?

I think that question is most important, and is the real reason that all the respectable and creditable German coaches are attempting to justify the selection process. To be 100% honest guys, whatever you decide will be fine. The same as the Dutch/French/English teams will be fine with 'dictatorial style' team selection. It's just a game chaps. :)

'This is not worthy of such in-depth discussion, move along, move along.'

(of course, I still hope that the English keep the tourney at home this year.... :P :wink: )

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

longfang wrote:Is democracy fun.
Nope, but often the results are funny

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I think Del forgot to mention the random screenings for restricted substances and the branding of team logo onto the back of the skull... :roll:

Del, it is the nature of things that while the rest of Europe plans a party the Germans plan domination.. thus it is and always has been.. luckily we have the Spanish to burst the German bubble every year with their "too drunk to care" victories over a far superior and indignant foe...

Go Spain! 8)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

BOOM BOOM !!

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

dwarfcoach wrote:I have also glanced in wonder occasionally at the thread written in English discussing the German teams selection process...( :P ?)

well...see, that's the thing YOU GUYS haven't noticed so far....we have a secret thread in a secret German forum were the real secret discussion is going on (actually it is Sputnik telling us that we are all morons and he will play all the games himself)...this thread here is only for distraction and amusement for the non-Germans

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

In that case I'm gonna check out the NAF forum tonight :D

Nuffle Sucks!