The Bavarian Open - Lindau CANCELLED

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Taken from the webpage:
One lineman/-woman/-thing will be chosen as the team captain and is rewarded with one General Skill (regardless of race!) and one Skill from his/her/its available skill categories. These skills count as they are standard skills for that player, so he can gain extra skills during the tournament like any other player.
Hope that answers your question 8)

The captain has a special role, it's your star player substitute.... kind of

He is not peaked!
Technically he can gain up to 4 skills before the tournament is over....Ogre captain up to 3 skills. I expect him to be the main target for the Dirty Players :P

Reason: ''
Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

I almost forgot to answer the other question:

About the choices after game 3:
option 1
- pick a trait or a mutation or a skill of the other categories for a player who has not received a skill during the tournament. Just like you have rolled a double.
option 2
-pick 2 players who have already gotten a skill during the tournament and give each of them one additional skill (Ogres and the other mentioned players are not eligable for this)
option 3
- pick three players who haven't received a skill during the tournament and give them one additional skill

As mentioned above, the two skills (one General, one regular categories) given to the captain (lineman position!!!!) prior to game 1 do NOT count towards skills received DURING the tournament.

www.biboba.de
boondog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by boondog »

Let's say I pick option two. Now I choose one player who already has a skill and give him another one. Can I also give the second eligible skill to a player who didn't get a skill yet, or do I have to pick a second "skilled" player if I want to fulfill all the criteria for option two?

Lord Borak can totally kick Icepelt's frozen furry 4ss.

There are many good reasons to eat: Hunger. Boredom. Wanting to be the World's biggest man.
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

boondog wrote:Let's say I pick option two. Now I choose one player who already has a skill and give him another one. Can I also give the second eligible skill to a player who didn't get a skill yet, or do I have to pick a second "skilled" player if I want to fulfill all the criteria for option two?

That's a grey zone, I thought about that as well....I guess it should be ok to give a "non-skilled" player a skill instead of given it a player who received a skill already.

But I got a queston for you, boondog:
Have you talked to copper and Hellsing yet....We are not afraid of "Hesse" down here

www.biboba.de
boondog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by boondog »

Copper was almost positive he'd come (couldn't reach him in the days before easter), while Hellsing is counting his money... I hope that the next week will shed some light on all of this. Another problem is getting to Lindau as cheap as possible. I'd prefer to fly in with a cheap airline from Cologne (I reckon that's cheaper than a train fare from Frankfurt); might be otherwise, however, if train fare Frnkfurt-Cologne and Friedrichshafen-Lindau has to be added to that...

Lord Borak can totally kick Icepelt's frozen furry 4ss.

There are many good reasons to eat: Hunger. Boredom. Wanting to be the World's biggest man.
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

boondog wrote:Friedrichshafen-Lindau has to be added to that...

no, not really, if you let me know when you get to Friedrichshafen I can organzie a pick-up for you (and whoever else plans to go to Friedrichshafen)

www.biboba.de
copper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by copper »

I talked to boondog yesterday. My personal problem is, that I'll have three months of practical training and some exams this summer. This allows only short-term planning for me. Also the Bavarian Open is very close to the B7 (where I want to defend the painting award) and the Phoenix Cup ( which is situated about 50 km from my home town). If I'd find the time, I try to participate at all three if possible, but this is very unlikely. Sorry to boondog and Hellsing that they cannot plan with me.

Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

I'll be coming, too.

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Mootaz wrote:I'll be coming, too.
super...glad to have you with us.

www.biboba.de
Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

Is there any deal with the Hotel at the venue, and if there is one, what do I have to do to get it?

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

I will send out a Newsletter to the registered coaches very soon (probably Tuesday)

Sorry for the delay

www.biboba.de
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

I am sorry to announce that the Bavarian Open had to be cancelled. Personal life issues caught up with me and make it impossible to host the tournament. All participants have been informed.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

www.biboba.de
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

that's a big bummer Torsten ..
keep the spirit up !!!

Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

Tojurub wrote:I am sorry to announce that the Bavarian Open had to be cancelled. Personal life issues caught up with me and make it impossible to host the tournament. All participants have been informed.
I haven't been informed, and I am registered :o

olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

good luck thorsten

DUNGEONBOWL (drunk) german champion 2004
BLOODBOWL XLIV (dead drunk) winner of the league cup 2005, PLATT BOWL 2007 champion
nothing is older then the glory of yesterday
German team 2005. team Brandenburg 2006