The Bavarian Open - Lindau CANCELLED

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Curufinwe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Curufinwe »

Yes, that are coll minis.

When somebody likes pink on his team........ :roll: Ok. But not at mine.
But maybe I test the dices. Perhaps I will be lucky with them.
Normaly I'm not proud of my dicerollabilities. The gods are not my side.

Mmmh..... Perhaps I chould chainge the church :evil: :evil: :evil:

Reason: ''
Let's get it on!!!
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Curufinwe wrote:
Mmmh..... Perhaps I chould chainge the church :evil: :evil: :evil:
you know there is the NBA...the Nuffle Blasphemers Association. We believe that Nuffle exists, but that he just have fun screwing with the dice rolls....if you can accept that fact and with a smile on your face say after you just rolled triple skulls: "Nuffle you just suck, but I still have fun"...then you should think about joining :)...it's for free ;)

...anyway....back to topic:

Bavarian Open: There is a maximum of 40 players possible

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Curufinwe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Curufinwe »

Yes, we'll see at Lindau. And maybee we have a nice religious discussion :lol:

I'm have to look for prices at the hostel or the hotel where the tournament runs. Probably I'll come by train.

Let's get it on!!!
boondog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by boondog »

Sounds really interesting... Copper advised me to look into the tourney, now I'm tempted to go... him as well, obviously...
Hmmm, the Golden Lamb doesn't show the prices for rooms on their webpage but proudly showcase their long tradition instead; a bad omen? Staying there would be convenience incarnate, yet do I fear their nature - it is to full o' the milk of pricey bedrooms...

Lord Borak can totally kick Icepelt's frozen furry 4ss.

There are many good reasons to eat: Hunger. Boredom. Wanting to be the World's biggest man.
Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

I asked the Golden Lamb how much it would be to stay there at the given Weekend: They said 45-47 Euros.

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

The Hotel is decent and it has a bar :)

I'm still trying to have the owner commit to a special rate for the tournament participants, but in order to do that we need to be at least 20 people to qualify as a group. It's still some time until June.

From what I have seen they have single rooms and double rooms with the possiblity to have a 3rd adult in the room on a couch bed. If I don't get a decent rate for the participants I don't have a problem to move the venue to a different place. The participants will be notified in time.
Mootaz wrote:I asked the Golden Lamb how much it would be to stay there at the given Weekend: They said 45-47 Euros.
Did you mention the tournament? Group prices should be as low as 30-35 Euros.

www.biboba.de
Curufinwe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Curufinwe »

With the price (30-35 €) or lower I will take a room in the golden lamb too.

Let's get it on!!!
boondog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by boondog »

Hey, that's a price I can live with! I was expecting at least 50,- a night (it looked like a "classy" establishment on the net). Thus, I think I'll attend. Will talk to copper and Hellsing today, see if we can get a "team Giessen" on the road for the summer! ("Erbarmen... zu spät!!")

There are many good reasons to eat: Hunger. Boredom. Wanting to be the World's biggest man.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Is it possible to camp there, with a tent ? I might be going there by bike, making it a vacation... Yes, that will be a several days journey :D . Have to train a bit more for that, too... And probably dont want to sit down the whole tournament, too !

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

There is a campground in Lindau right on the lake. But to the playing venue it's probably 20-30min walking distance. I believe there is a bus going by (I haven't taken it yet, but there are buses all over the place.) If you look under http://www.park-camping.de/deutsch/urlaub/park.htm you might find the information you need. It's all in German, though. There is a link somewhere on the bottom of the page, which reads "International Info". I think you can get some information my e-mail if you enter your info.

www.biboba.de
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

It's okay, I can handle German (except on DB tournaments wich claim to be "international" ;) ). Thanks for the link though.

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

boondog wrote:Hey, that's a price I can live with! I was expecting at least 50,- a night (it looked like a "classy" establishment on the net).

Well...if you want classy, there are hotels in the close vicinity, who charge 100+ a night

www.biboba.de
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

NEWS, NEWS, NEWS:

I just received the surprize packet from Andy Hall (in case your are reading this: THANK YOU, Andy). These will be part of the prizes at the tourney:

- signed misprint of Fanatic magazine 6 (I believe that's the number, I have to check again to be sure)
- a set of trophies (Spike!, Dungeonbowl, Chaos Cup and Bloodbowl
- a Lizardman cheerleader....I believe that's a limited edition from the past

www.biboba.de
Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

And again it's me.. the anoying nit-picker with rules questions ;-)

A minor thing i noticed.. ogres are not allowed to get more than 1 skill during the whole tournament. But on the other hand one ogre will be the captain and therefore get 2 skills at the start. A little contradiction but i think it's ok if you consider that one ogre being the only one to get 2 skills.

Do the skills the captain gains count as skills gained during the tournament or is the captain eligable to be given skills like the other players after a match? The first one would make much more sense but just to make it clear.

After match 3 i have 3 choices:

- Give a trait to one player that got no skills yet
- Give 3 skills to players that got no skill yet
- Give 2 skills to players that already got 1 skill

About the last option, that means i cannot give 1 skill to a player that already has 1 skill and 1 skill to a player with no skills yet? If it's that way i can live with it, but just want to know in advance to plan what skills to give when ;-)

Beware of the revenge of the Whipped Cream Brownie!! It will be... unsetteling!!
boondog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by boondog »

Ah, great, there's other nitpickers around... was starting to wonder about those points myself.

So, the "team captain" is peaked for the rest of the tourney, right?