BeNeCup, trying to make it work

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Like this venue http://www.denbontenos.be/ in Baarle Hertog. Better yet would be a café one that's built right on top of the border.

Reason: ''

Nuffle Sucks!
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Okay, 13th or 6th of August seems to be no problem for me! I think Draco is right and we need to set a date first. Only at that time can Tuern (and myself probably) start searching for a venue.

Perhaps We just need to set a date and see who can come. If both teams come up with, let's say 8+ coaches for that day, we can set the date. But we need to stop fussing about and take decissions if you ask me. It is kind of a utopia that all coaches willing to participate will actually be able to. There will always be someone (or something in the Dutch's case) who can't come ...

So everyone interested in participating, mail to your respective team captain (Draco and Nighthawk) and tell them what day(s) you are available: the 6th and/or 13th of August. If they could please send Tuern or myself a mail telling who can participate when, we can set the date and start searching for the venue.

Greetz,
Quermitt

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

I guess Lucy is team captain tbh

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Dave wrote:I guess Lucy is team captain tbh
Eh... I guess not. Lucy told me to do the job :wink: (you could call it invite!) and so I will. Start sucking up all who want to be in! :lol:

Captain for Belgium: Nighthawk assisted by TuernRedvenom
Captain for the Netherlands: Draco assisted by Norse.

I hope we get a lot of Belgian contenders, because the list of Dutch players is endless. But I guess that if people are really interested and not invited (yes, you get an invitation if you're in (my/Norses decision) and have shown your interest) they will still go the the venue to support the team and have a few games amongst themselves! :D

Same goes for the Belgian Team of course, but then you will have to become good buddies with Nighthawk and TuernRedvenom!

Hmm, this came to mind:

Nighthawk and Draco: member of the NBA
Norse and TuernRedvenom: member of the RCN

Would it help if you were a member as well? :o :lol: :wink:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

I thought Draco was named as team-captain for this venue. I was wondering, the Dutch will probably have more interested people than the Belgiums will have... I'm interested, and will be available at both dates, but will the same guys that take part in the dutch Eurobowl-team be the guys that take part in this event. Draco, as team-captain will decide?

I think it might be a nice idea to equally distribute the dutch places between the 3 large leagues (ABBA, BUBBLE, M@dhobbit) and make it extra interesting... see which dutch league will score the most points!

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

[OT]

Maybe you could instead organize a Dutch team championship with the three leagues. Spread it out over 3 days this year you would get:

Legendz vs Bubble
Bubble vs Madhobbit
Madhobbit vs Legendz

go ahead and will see what we can do! [/OT]

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Duke Jan wrote:Like this venue http://www.denbontenos.be/ in Baarle Hertog. Better yet would be a café one that's built right on top of the border.
Open to all suggestions of course, it's just that we live in Turnhout and I work in Antwerp so finding a venue there is easier for us. But if anyone else can arrange a good venue near the border (either side), great! But as Quermitt said, the date needs to be set first before we can do anything about a venue.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Baarle should be perfect for you Tuern, just across the border into the Netherlands and then back into Belgium and back into NL and back into B and then finally you have reached the correct Belgian enclave :)
Antwerpen or Breda would of course be easier if a lot of people want to come by public transport.

Nuffle Sucks!
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Draco wrote:[OT]

Maybe you could instead organize a Dutch team championship with the three leagues. Spread it out over 3 days this year you would get:

Legendz vs Bubble
Bubble vs Madhobbit
Madhobbit vs Legendz

go ahead and will see what we can do! [/OT]
lucy and I are already working on that one ..
I propose first to see how many players are willing to come ..
then get even numbers (belgians vs Cloggies)

so if 30 dutchies wanna play and 15 belgium guys, there's 15 dutch drop outs and vice versa ..

that's easiest I suppose

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

We are discussing the date right now. I'm waiting for Norse to come back from Florida to get things definate.

BTW, lets not forget that there are also players in the Netherlands who do not play in a leaugue and might want to join in. Do we deny them because they are no league members? That does not seem fair to me. (PowerTurtle, Mauz and Jam spring to mind). But this discussion will follow later on.

Back to basiscs! A date. We are now discussing 6 or 13 august. Just so you know.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

they play leagues .. only small / online ones .. (JaM plays in 2 IIRC)

let's not put down a solig ratio of x% this X% those .. let's see how many will be willing to play first .. from both country's

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Well, seeing as my name came up; I'd be interested to play in this BeNeCup. But, if it's invitation; no problem, just wanting to state that I am "game" in this one.

Tried to activate the members in Arnhem, but somehow they didnt seem enthousiast about tournaments... That might change though, just started to play there again :D . Just won a game with an Orc team TR 110 against Orcs TR 158 with 2-1. Was a "spare" team though (the one I played). Just have to win some more games there to get them take this tournaments-thing seriously. They think it's too much like the "WH40K-crowd" who come to those tournaments (rules lawyers and al that).
:D So maybe, sometime they will see the folly of their ways...

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

they'd better ..

but for a cup like this I guess we're looking for peaple that are already part of the tourny scene, not newcomers

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I agree, I was not really thinking about this one, more about the M@dhobbit, the BUBBLE, and perhaps the DO next year.

Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

:)
I'm also interested in playing :) !!
though I understand very well that is it might isn't possible.
not a too big problem if it can't ! though it would be fun !

though I'm not member of a big league , well I'm member of the Bubble league but only played 1 game there :oops: :oops: :oops:

and as i'm just not a very good player I don't expect qualifying on a tournie :lol: :lol: especialy not when I play gobos ! :lol: but I don't think so with my skavens. :lol:

Djengis
8)

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.