BeNeCup, trying to make it work

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

BeNeCup, trying to make it work

Post by TuernRedvenom »

I know the name sucks, couldn't think of anything better tough.
After this viewtopic.php?t=15196 thread got dragged a bit OT by a bunch of overzealous low countryners it seemed like a good idea to open up this new thread.

The idea again for those who can't be arsed to read the other thread:
A one-day tourney between a Belgian and a Dutch team of ruthless bb'ers to determine which side of the Moerdijk has raised the greatest generation of BB players (and have a few beers while doing so ;) ).

Facts so far:
We'll try to find a location near the border so that both sides have reasonable travelling time (it's a one day event after all). Best date so far seems "somewhere in June". Team captains (and selection tyrants) are Draco for Holland (absent untill 12/3/2005) and NightHawk for Belgium.

Things still to be done:
1) fix a date
2) set the number of players per side (probably limited by how many players the Belgians can mobilise)
3) find a venue + organiser (I live near the Dutch border so I could probably do this)
4) buy a Dutch flag to blow our noses with after we have won :wink: :lol:

I hope we can succeed in setting this up, I think it would be great fun.

All comments and suggestions welcome of course.

Reason: ''
Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Mauz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mauz »

Kom maar op! :P

Naf Coach 'Mole'

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Ah yes, I forgot to add: "Let the taunting begin!" :lol:

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

So, it won't be a "each race represented only once tourney?"

..............Thank Nuffle

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Let's melt those chocolats :evil:

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Princelucianus wrote:So, it won't be a "each race represented only once tourney?"
Why not? I am sure there are more offical teams than there are Belgians with enough guts to show up!
You can always play Vampires!

Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

Yavatol wrote:Why not? I am sure there are more offical teams than there are Belgians with enough guts to show up!
You can always play Vampires!
So far, I think I've already got about 10 players. Seems like everyone is very eager to kick some dutch butt :P
Princelucianus wrote:So, it won't be a "each race represented only once tourney?"
Personally, I would let every coach choose his own race.

Nuffle Sucks !!!
Certified Ghoul Killer

T.A.N.A.H.E.R
2007 Flanders Chainsaw Massacre - 2nd place
2006 Flemish Foulfest - 4th place & Most Touchdowns Award
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Well, you're an NBA novice.
You don't know any better :lol: :lol:

Lucy

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Just tought of a scoring system that might be fun to do instead of the plain old boring swiss system.
3 rounds will be played. The country that wins 2 rounds is champion, so winning all 3 rounds would be the highest achievable result. The country that scores the most wins also wins the round. (so even if eg Holland loses the first round 12-0 ;) they can still become overall winner ). Ties will be solved by some tiebreaker like TB = cas balance * 2 + TD balance * 3

Team champions:
Every round each country nominates a country champion. The result of this match counts for 3 wins instead of the normal 1 for whichever side wins the champion game. A player can only be team champion once, so every round there is a different champion. In round 1 both countries nominate a champion simultaneously. In round 2 and 3 the winner of the previous round have to nominate a champion first after which the opposing team captain gets to decide who will be their country champion.
eg Belgium wins round 1, they have to nominate a champion for round 2 and choose an amazon player, now Holland gets to choose their champion so they pick a dwarf player.

Still have to figure out how to do the rest of the matchups...
Swiss?? Random???? Letting the captains choose exactly like the coutry champions (with taking turns for nominating players)?????

So what does everybody think? Too complicated? Too simple? Just a plain stupid idea?

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Only when there's a system where you get points for eating fries, would the Dutch be in trouble.
I think this system is okay (most systems will be), although winning once with 12-0 and losing twice with 6,5-5,5 does get a strange result imho.
I think this system can also organise a quick finish of the the tourney. If A or B wins the first two rounds, than the tournament is tactically over. No bother to play the last round.

Lucy

Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

are there only 10 guys from belgium interested? i think the Dutch can easily find twice as much players willing to teach the belgiums a lesson :)

Tuern, with your system... the dutch would have already won this clash after 2 rounds... isn't it more fun to keep it a bit more exciting? ;)

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

agree... why re-invent the wheel.. the Eurobowl and Ramstel scoring is fine as it is and makes the very last game important.. let's keep to it...

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

You could always call it the "Dyke" Tournament!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Norse wrote:makes the very last game important
Except for last year's Ramstel Cup which was over when the first result of the last round came in ;)
Wait, we're bashing the Belgians here, sorry 'bout that

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

hoomin_erra wrote:You could always call it the "Dyke" Tournament!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah right, it will be semi-inventational, you represent your country, AND will have dykes. There will be no stopping you perverts from trying to get in (again)