Alberta Open, Sept 3, 4, 2005

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Not sure what rules set you're using, but don't know anything about using money to bribe the ref or buy laxatives, sounds like a vault thing, so no, as I said before, all money must be spent when creating the team.
Relax and I'll have a full rules doc up in the near future. I was going to include in that, things like no wizards (except for halfling master chef, but he's really not a wizard, he's the head coach anyway). So instead of asking more questions, just maybe wait abit for me to complete the whole tourney rules pack and get it up on the website. :wink:

Reason: ''
GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Just to update this, there should be a full rules document going up on the website shortly.
Also prizes will be provided by Games Workshop, House-Rulez.com, Shadowforge and Hasslefree minatures.
There may also be a limited editon figure done (in collaboration with a European tourney) to be given to all participants who finish all their games.

Edit; Not sure when they will get around to changing the info on the website so if anyone wants me to send them a copy of the complete rules, just email me.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

OK, latest update, the site now has the full rules and a registration form you can print off and send in. Here's the website;

http://www.members.shaw.ca/grots/

Just click on the BB tourney banner to get to the tourney rules. :wink:

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Has anyone even registered for this yet?

GO STAMPEDERS!
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

Well, sad to say, Torg, the HFFL members probably won't be able to make it, because most are keyed up for the Calgary tourney (if and when Toppy ever gets promo material out, or allows registrations on the AbBBA website, neither of which has happened yet). Some are saying it's a little too far to go, and unfortunately they're the ones driving... :(

I wanted to, but cash concerns got in the way (especially if I had to Pooch it to RD) for me. Sorry, man. :( :( :(

Hopefully things go well for you, and maybe we'll see you in Calgary!

PS "Pooch" indicates Greyhound Bus, in case anyone else is reading this

---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Hey Troy, I'd let you crash on my couch if that would make you change your mind at all. Would that cut back enough on the expenses for you to make it?
Don't understand why people can't do both tourneys, they're 2 months apart, it's not like one's the weekend after the other one, that would be understandable.

GO STAMPEDERS!
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

I dunno either, but I talked to them again last night while playoffs were going on in our league and nobody seems to be willing. Pisses me off, but I can't force anyone to go. And without them, I have no way of even getting to RD. (No car, no license) :(

So I guess we'll see you in Calgary.

---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."
AbBBA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AbBBA »

First off I'm sorry that you are having difficulty getting to the Alberta Open. :cry:

You could crash at my place and because AbBBA will be sending a bunch of people we should be able to crush another person into the car or cars.

Also if you can find out how much it costs to take the pooch from the "bridge" to Calgary and return and let me know via email, AbBBA might (depending on the Challenge success) be able to help out from a financial perspective.

As I stated at last year’s Challenge, AbBBA is about building a better Blood Bowl Environment within Alberta and due to the fact that you are very important to making this long-term goal come into effect AbBBA should try to subsidize your trip for the Alberta Open. Let me bring this concern up with the AbBBA board and see how we can help. No promises, but at least there’s a light now.

As for the 2005 Challenge… All the information has been updated on the website in PDF form for downloads. I will be sending you both color posters later this week.

Man - Running things forever sucks.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I emailed you already Toppy, BTW thanks for the support. If you want to send a couple of posters my way, I'll get them put up here in Red Deer (we only have a couple of game store here).

GO STAMPEDERS!
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

Yep, got the PDF files and uploaded them to my league's Yahoo group site for the rest of the guys. Tried printing the poster but for some reason my computer is having difficulty printing PDF images (photos, drawings etc). Prints PDF text all right...gotta work on that. So I will wait with bated breath for the posters (2 will be enough, as it was last year; like Torg, we have only 2 game stores here).

Thanx for the thought, we'll definitely have to chat more about this idea. I'm pretty sure I can get up to Cowtown OK (the only problem is that the Pooch costs 76 bucks round trip Lethbridge-Calgary :o so I wouldn't be surprised if that can't be done thru AbBBA; for that part I can probably scrape up the $$$ myself).

The thing that really bothers me about my league is that I am the only one who participates in TBB or the GW BB forum. The others can't be bothered with anything outside Lethbridge except Toppy's tourney... :(

Oh well, it's all part of being a commish!

---troy
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Troy,
Do you want me to send you the PDF file of our tourney poster to put up around Lethbridge (ok, so in the 2 game stores), maybe might get some others interested, you never know.

GO STAMPEDERS!
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

I was kinda hoping for something like that...sad to say, my printer isn't printing the images on PDF files for some reason, only the text. :-? So MAYBE I could do some convincing if I had that...

---troy
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

It's mostly text anyway, so send me your email address.

GO STAMPEDERS!
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

You can send it to destroy@mindless.com

Thanx! :D

---troy
AbBBA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AbBBA »

Just for the record...

Assuming that the Challenge breaks even or better (so bring as many coaches as possible. AbBBA's board of directors have agreed to cover up to $50.00 of Troy's Travel Costs to attend the Alberta Open as a one time subsdization. This is to help enhance the blood bowl envinroment here in Alberta as is our mission and vision.

We'll talk more about this sort of stuff at the Challenge.

Man - Running things forever sucks.