Alberta Open, Sept 3, 4, 2005

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Promise to take her to Lake Louise/Banff for a week and all you want is a couple of days in Red Deer for a tourney. :wink: BTW, Red Deer is very accessable to the National Parks as well as Edmonton and Calgary, so there's lot's to do and see before or after the tourney (as long as you don't mind driving). :wink:

Reason: ''
GO STAMPEDERS!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Now you're talking. I've been looking for a reason to get up there.

Have fun!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Iron Mike and his wife Rachel from Spokane have expressed interest in coming as well.

GO STAMPEDERS!
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

That might be interesting...

HFFL update: broached the subject of the Alberta Open to the huddled masses (the other HFFL coaches), and met with lukewarm response. Part of that might be wondering whether we have the time/money to go to either (or both) the Open and the Apocalypse (if Toppy holds that one again this year)...part might be the trophy and NAF problems we've had with Toppy's tourney (I know things would be better organized for your tourney, Torg, but the others are a little suspicious after being burnt that way).

I'm still trying to put the bug in their ear; albeit that'll be easier once we have promotional material :D :D :D

We're just about finished our regular season, and I think the guys wanna finish that up before making a decision one way or the other. Me? If I'm the only one, I'll just ride the Pooch (Greyhound bus) up to see ya...

---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

hope some more of your people decide to come, but I guess that's their decission. Look forward to seeing you again (even though you are a 'smo loving b*st*rd) :wink: :D

GO STAMPEDERS!
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

Beats getting beat up every Labour Day! :wink:

---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

Not to mention the Friday after, playing on a field of REAL GRASS... :wink: as opposed to that concrete carpet your Lame Horses run on...

---troy
keggiemckill
Rookie
Rookie

Post by keggiemckill »

How early do you need to register? How many people usually come? I have never been to a tourney before, but play in a competitive league.

The drunker I get, the more I spill!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

There is room for only 32 coaches and we expect that to sell out with people coming from Edmonton and Calgary as well as Red Deer, but not sure how long it will take (probably will take a few months anyway, so no real worries). There has been interest shown from Ontario and Spokane WA as well. As soon as the club Prez gets back this week, I'll have him put up the details on our website and post a link here. Then we'll be able to start registering people. So I would say we should be ready to start taking registrations in April, but I will let everyone know.

GO STAMPEDERS!
AbBBA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AbBBA »

AbBBA will do it's best to get some people coming up from Calgary. As for the Challenge we made some big mistakes last year and have fixed them for this up coming one. We also have approached Travel Alberta for those coaches that are coming from out of province for discounts and benefits. I would recommend working with them to get these little extras that make it more cost effective for the traveling coaches.

Toppy

Man - Running things forever sucks.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Thanks Toppy, will definatey try to make your tourney again and hopefully some more people from RD will come along.

The Big news is that the tourney is now officially NAF sanctioned!!!!! With only 32 spaces available, great way to increase your NAF ranking. :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
AbBBA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AbBBA »

What NAF ranking? I have never played in a tournament. I have only hosted our first one last year.

We are getting things ready for our tournament as well and making better use of time and space.

Crossing fingers for ASRPWF funding just waiting on the government. :roll:

I'll be sending you all updated materail and info soon. You still at the same snall address?

AbBBA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AbBBA »

You mention that teams reset, to clarify then does the whole team sheet reset or just the team members?

In other words if I have money left over in the treasury say 40,000 gc. Does that reset after every game as well?

Hey if I am goign to get NAF ratings I want to get a good one. :lol:

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Basically I meant what usually happens in a tourney, all injuries and deaths are nullified after the game and you play with the same amount of players in the next game. Of course you have to spend all your money when you buy your team in the first place so there wouldn't be anything left in the treasury. I will get a more detailed rules doc up on the website as soon as I can and try to get some posters made up to send down to you to put up around Calgary (if you don't mind) and I'll return the favour if you send me posters to put up around RD (won't need very many as there are only 2 games store in the city). Email and RL address is still the same.

GO STAMPEDERS!
AbBBA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AbBBA »

Hey Torg

Please feel free to send any information my way and I'll get it up at GW's and the Box plus I'll post it on AbBBA's communication board.

Now back to my clarification question you said:
- 5 round Swiss-style tournament with TR100 teams using the latest
- ruleset (LRB 4.0), no star players except for Goblin teams.

The things out of the above come to mind are;

1) As treasury does count towards Team Rating you could therefore have money saved up for say “bribing the ref, buying laxatives, ect..â€