Back from DungeonBowl 2005...

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Just 1 last thing (for me) about the 2 hours; 4 minute rule = 32 minutes/player/half = 64 minutes total, for 1 half.
2 x 64 = 128 minutes total (unless my math is off... couldnt make the 13x15 anyway that Saturday-evening :D ).

2 hours = 120 minutes, right ? 128 - 120 = 8 minutes wich equals the last 2 turns. Case closed.

Reason: ''
Executor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Executor »

and that does not include saying "hello" to each other, roll the dices for the weathertable, kick off....and all these things we do not want to miss...

cheerio.... :-?

If your luck goes.....follow!

NAF# 4545
http://bblh.de
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Indeed.

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

I asked them the exact same question....first they told me that each half would take 45 min....ok., one of the first thing I learned about multiplying was that if there's an even number involved somewhere (like in 2 players) the end result can never be odd

Then they said: "Well, that's our rule, we made the rules for this tournament, last year everybody complained about the 4min-rule"

I'm just wondering when they finally figure out that we are not some 16-year old power gamers and clock watchers....we just want ot have fun. If a game takes 2 hours 10 min, so what? They had 45min-1 hour in between games and they can only enter one result at a time, it's impossible to enter all teh results at the same time.

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GW were hot on the 2 hours at the BB last year. You should be able to get done in 2 hours, but you should also factor in a few mins overrun period IMO.
The four minute rule is open to abuse.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

So is a strictly enforced 2h time limit ... get the lead, then take your time.

The only fair answer for the whole time issue i can think of is chess clocks. or 2:30 games, which most tournaments allow (eating up your brakes) ...

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Snake Eyes
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Snake Eyes »

Hi,

I also have to agree with Travellers points.

GW is always telling us we meet to have fun at the tournaments and so on, so they should give us the time to have this fun! :evil:
At the end we are paying them to have fun, so they should do their job and let us have our fun.
2:30 games worked fine last year (besides the 4 min rule of corse).
There was still enough time to eat and so on.

Also some decisions of the judges were questionable and the headorganiser was the complete contrary of an entertainer.
He shurely made a good job in organising the tournament (besides a clear posted rule set), but was not the right person for the event itself.

But that is of corse only my opinion.

Beside the organisation I really enjoyed meeting all the nice people again! (special greetings to the dutch guys :wink: )

Gongratz to ALL of the winners!

PS: where is my DB coin? :wink:

olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

i missed a judge who knows only parts of the rules, without rolling a dice , maybe some day they learn and the mistakes get less

thx to all oponents i could play against, thx for the nice time

to all non-german speaking coaches, please forgive/forget the languagedisaster

DUNGEONBOWL (drunk) german champion 2004
BLOODBOWL XLIV (dead drunk) winner of the league cup 2005, PLATT BOWL 2007 champion
nothing is older then the glory of yesterday
German team 2005. team Brandenburg 2006
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Wel to be honest I doubt you will have found many complaints about the language thing from the English speaking coaches. The level of English at alot of these tourneys is very, very good and I don't think a little seperation of attendees would've made a big difference.

However, I did not attend (maybe next year, just maybe :wink: ) so I cannot tell...

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

dwarfcoach wrote:Wel to be honest I doubt you will have found many complaints about the language thing from the English speaking coaches. The level of English at alot of these tourneys is very, very good and I don't think a little seperation of attendees would've made a big difference.

However, I did not attend (maybe next year, just maybe :wink: ) so I cannot tell...

well...then you didn't experience the humiliation they got at the pub quiz:

Let's have all non-German speakers go into the corner.....now let's point a finger to them and go "hahahaha". Then asking 90% of the questions in German

Under the circumstances I have to admit they took it better than some of the German players. Maybe they have experienced GW-staff enough to handle it easier.

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Thanks to all my opponents, especially Olaf and Zodiac and Christian for taking it so well that I was tearing their Dwarf teams or High Elf team apart. I had a nice time at the tournament.

but

Anybody interested in a DB05 Shirt?

Typical fanatic again:

Give away miniature at resurrection.
Promise miniature at BB03, give away coin instead. Tell people there will now be a coin at every official BB tournament.
Duck up coin at BB04, it is both too late and a bad conversion of the previous coin.
Forget all about coin at next DungeonBowl, tell people that they should be happy because they "got a really nice TShirt! Better than last years and more expensive."

And when the Duck am I going to where an uncomfortable American Football shirt that looks incredibly stupid, sticks to my skin in a very uncomfortable way, has a GW logo on the shoulder (front) and sleeves that require huge biceps... :evil:

Ebay seems the best option now...

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Oh, and I didn't mind too much that we were separated from the rest as it did make it easier to get some english questions. It would have been nice though as he would also listen to our answers to the german questions. I think some of us were faster at those than the germans once or twice (though usually we were still wondering what the question was when the answer was already given)...

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

And when the Muck am I going to where an uncomfortable American Football shirt that looks incredibly stupid, sticks to my skin in a very uncomfortable way, has a GW logo on the shoulder (front) and sleeves that require huge biceps...
:lol:

sounds funny, but true... i would prefer "a oldstyle tshirt" and a nice beer mug again ! I hardly believe i will wear it in public ! I first tried the XL size... than i changed it into XXL size shirt and still it´s not comfortable ! He, i lost 13 kilo now and still a XXL shirt is not fitting... :o ?

Traveller

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

well not even the xxxl is fitting - but I guess thats partly my problem :lol:

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

@trav, maybe next tournaments you play a XXXL team like ogres :D :D

DUNGEONBOWL (drunk) german champion 2004
BLOODBOWL XLIV (dead drunk) winner of the league cup 2005, PLATT BOWL 2007 champion
nothing is older then the glory of yesterday
German team 2005. team Brandenburg 2006