Lowland Border Brawl - 6th of August Dutch and Belgian invit

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

I know a nice .. free place in Utrecht ;-)

Reason: ''
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

:D

I knew it all along! 8)

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Even though I didn't play, I had loads of fun. Some of the games were just amazing. There was one match that ended with a 6-1 win for the Belgians that was particularly noteworthy. A good thing the Dutch victory was so clear or we would have had to leave him in Belgium.

The round results:
1) 2 - 9
2) 3 - 8
3) 3 - 4

12 matches played each round. This meant that after round two the game was effectively already played, but Belgium still had a small chance as The Largest Single Round Victory could gain them the golden clog should they manage to draw. The first two matches that finished in the third round went to Belgium. But didn't pull it off.

The Golden Glog will spend a year in Almere before the Belgians can have another shot at taking it home.

Nuffle Sucks!
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Thanks to the organizers and my opponents. Especially the Wood Elf player who told me that he needed to work on his offence and proceeded to slaughter the Choosen of Nuffle 6-1. :lol: I had a wonderful time, but that's what winning does for you :D.
Now I got a new human team to paint...

Flyin' Fling
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flyin' Fling »

Hey, I only scored once on offence and 5 times on defence, the statement is still true :p

thingie.

'twas a good day too, 14 TD's in three games isn't too shabby.

Now to break that record the next time, and inspire my teammates to do the same! *g*

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Congratz to the Dutch Squad.

Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
el sid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el sid »

Hi had a lot of fun, battling it out with my Dutch adversaries. Fair is fair: they know how to play Blood Bowl.

I hope next year, a similar event will be organised. I'll certainly try to be there! The Dutch owe us a revanche. Maybe (read: Probably) their victory this year only was a lucky shot? 8)

This being said, I also like one-day tournaments better than two-day tournaments. Starting with 1.200.000 gps was not such a good idea, in my opinion. But it was worth the try.

El Sid

Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

Excellent opponents...
Excellent venue and organisation (special thanks to the Turnhout guys!)...
Excellent atmosphere...

1 day of pure Blood Bowl mayhem in the best possible conditions.

And congratulations to the Dutch who took home their Golden Clog accompanied with some Belgian sweet (make sure Draco shares them! :D).

Mark, Ramsay, Seb, Gert, Dave - I enjoyed working with you to make this tournament possible.

I had serious fun and will be there next year.

PS : This time I got the point, I won't be playing Dark Elves in tournaments anymore 8)

Nuffle Sucks !!!
Certified Ghoul Killer

T.A.N.A.H.E.R
2007 Flanders Chainsaw Massacre - 2nd place
2006 Flemish Foulfest - 4th place & Most Touchdowns Award
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

I've just had a terrifying nightmare! WHAT ARE THOSE DUTCH GUYS GOING TO FILL THAT CLOG WITH NEXT YEAR???

We, Belgians, could give them sweet, sweet chocolates, but what can they fill it with? Cheese??? Probably we'd better not win it back next year ...

No, no, we will try to take revenge next year. In the end, what we should be realising is that the score between the Netherlands and Belgium is now 1-1, not 1-0! So this year we just wanted to give you guys a chance to make a draw only to let you know who is the best Blood Bowling nation of the Lowlands next year! Mwoehahahahahahaha!!!

Okay, some serious words now ...

A big thanks to all the other guys of the organisation squad: Mark, Rams, Dave, Gert & Steven. I'm already looking forward to working with you guys again next year.

Thanks to the early birds who helped out a bit in setting everything up and re-arranging the tables there where necessary.

Also a big thank you to all the coaches who made this (once again) a wonderfull day of Blood Bowl mayhem and violence.

Congrats to the winner, Yavatol, and the best Belgian guy, Bendrig. And off course congratulations to the Dutch who really made a tremendous effort in humiliating us in return for their loss at the Eurobowl 2004.

Greetz to you all and C U soon!

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

actually it's 2-1 now .. I recall the first eurobowl rather fondly :D

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

well done guys.. sounds like it was a lot of fun...

plus, it looks like me, Dave, RedFang, Lucy and Grotemuis have our work cut out for us to get back into the Dutch squad! :lol:

Team Holland.. strength in depth.. safety in numbers.. :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope to C U all next year..

R

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Norse wrote:plus, it looks like me, Dave, RedFang, Lucy and Grotemuis have our work cut out for us to get back into the Dutch squad! :lol:
Maybe bribing the Captain might work! :lol: :wink:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Or having the Eurobowl in the UK so that no other dutchies can show up...

This is at least helping me get in the squad (again); anybody else interested to get (back) in?

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

or ask the dictator for life ..

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I feel the need to contest the dictator for life's position...

I mean.. if he moves out of Holland he surely loses all rights of oligarchy? :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers