Carnage III discussion & questions

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Friday night seems to have been survived :)

Dan Titan, his father, Geggster, Dwarfcoach, Doubleskulls, Narkotic, Gumbo, Rachel , Al the Trowel and myself were at the Green Man last night. We moved to a pub a couple blocks away at half ten for another two rounds. When it broke up, Al and I went off for a curry. A good evening out all in all.

Am probably in need of a re-roll (or the world just got 'Quick Snap' this morning) but should find my back to the Green Man in time today ;)

Reason: ''
Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
mikafreak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikafreak »

Wonder how many played wearing shades, suffering from "the morning after the night before syndrome" Maybe that will be more visable Sunday morning!

Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Definitely will be more visible this morning (Sunday)

Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

What I can remember as just got in the door

Winner - the soon to be married Dan Titan (good luck and enjoy Cancun :D )

Runner Up - Ian 'Doubleskulls' Williams and his amazing goblins - yes, goblins (ever seen a chainsaw goblins thrown?)

Most Touchdowns - Leo 'Gumbo(o)' Townsend.

Farthest Travelled - Narkotic (as Ian won a more prestigous prize)

Most Injured - Valen (Way to go Gav! ;) )

Many apologies to the awards that I cannot remember at the moment.
Great to catch up with people. Best games of the weekend - losing to Ian's goblins and the draw with McSnaga. Am sure that I will type more tomorrow or the day after. Thanks again to everyone.

Apologies there Lycos - the hurry up notice just rubbed me the wrong way. No hard feelings.

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Well it's all over now for another year!

In the end the honours went to:

Dan Titan (Winner)
doubleskulls (Runner Up - with Goblins!)
lowsman - (Most CAS)
Gumboo - (Most TDs, tied with Doubleskulls)
Richy - (Best Painted)
narkotic - (Most Travelled)
cidervampire - (Most Deaths, tied with lowsman)
El_Tim - (Stunty Cup Winner, after Runner Up)
Most Injured - Valen

44 coaches in total, all NAF.

Thanks to everyone for coming, for their patience with the food situation and putting up with the idiots in the venue who decided they needed to open the pub at 11am not 10am. I'm really sorry for overrunning and for pressuring people to play quicker - I will either be having a word with the manager or more likely just finding somewhere else to play next year.

Plans for next year include food provided (venue permitting!), cheaper tickets (assuming everyone enjoyed it and comes back!), more cool minis and more prizes.

Not sure about the donuts though, I had 6... not good for the pot belly.

Cheers 8)

Dave

PS Full results will be up soon, and NAF rankings hopefully tonight but maybe over the course of the day tomorrow. I need to get the spreadsheet off that ancient laptop and the only way I can do it is infrared it to my phone... current estimates are 90 minutes to copy a 5 meg file :o

Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Quick post before bed,

Thanks to Indigo and Mrs Indigo for organising a top weekend. I had 6 great games (4 of them ecbbl fixtures :roll: ) and very a enjoyable weekend. It was nice to see old friends again and to put a few more faces to TBB nicks.

Looking forward to next year already.

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
lowsman2
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lowsman2 »

Cheers to Dave for another good tournament (and a great league game! :wink: ). Shame about the pub being awkward but what can you do.....

Ta to all my opponents too, especially Ben who took the mauling pretty well (Luthor went out to a 3 die block 8) ).

And hats off to Ian; awesome result with Goblins.

Can see me using the Khemri again. I'm not going to win a tournament with them, but they are great fun.

Richard

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Well done Dan!

Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Well done Dan - another tourney win!

Well done Ian - 2nd and tied for Most TDs (with freakin' gobbos!!!!!)

But biggest well done to Indi and Mrs Indi for a great job on organising another great tourney.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Big thanks to Mr & Mrs Candlish, congratulations to all the winners.

I think i may be in therapy for some time after my confrontation with Ian`s Gobbo`s :oops:

grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

Grats to Dani!! He is winning everything this year...maybe we need to ban him from the rest of the tourneys :D

Hope to be there next year.

Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Just hope that marriage slows him down :P :wink:

Blitzwing
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Blitzwing »

Thanks Dave for organising the tournament, it was definately one of the best I've been too and I it enjoyed loads. Always good to see everyone again, and meet people for the 1st time.

Well done to Dan a worthy champion, Ian with his amazing gobbos and all the other winners.

I had a great time shredding my fellow blackshirts with my 4 mummies and 3 dirtyplayers, must do it again sometime :wink:

Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Great weekend,

Glad you got home ok on sunday night Luke mate, hope it didnt take too long! Dave moneys been sent, thanks for everything and my shiny new trophy (which had a slight accident but im sure i can fix it!!)

Cheers

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Gumboo wrote:Glad you got home ok on sunday night Luke mate, hope it didnt take too long...
Night-bus hell! :lol:

I made the last train out of Charing Cross on Sunday after abandoning the 'China-town Crew' at Leicester Square tube station. Sorry guys, but when you gotta get home a half hour train journey or an hour and a bit night bus ride doesn't compare (well not at 12.30 on a sunday night anyway).

Great event, loads of old mates to catch up with and glad to see new tourney go'ers taking part as well

My team done ok, in classic DC fashion the first day was alot better than the second (only got the friday night to recover from, on the Sunday I really begin to flag :roll: ) but an average 3/1/2 performance. On the grudge match front I took a pasting from Lycos's Norse (revenge from Newquay :wink: ) and started a new grudge with Thadrins Chaos Humans (they're Orcs really :o ).

All in all a great weekend, I managed to spend tons of money (which was a worry) but a cool event and much fun and beers was had (plus the odd bottle of wine :) ).

Cheers Indi, tourney goes from strength to strength, great stuff!!

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *