Carnage III discussion & questions

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Sorry to hear that mate,

Didnt leave the chinese till 1, so god knows what time luke made it back. Hands up if you didnt have work today *cheers*

Reason: ''
Blitzwing
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Blitzwing »

Got home some time after 2.30. Luckily I dont have to work today, and am seriously considering going back to sleep.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Cheers to Mr and Mrs indi, had a cracking tournament (apart from game 4, but we won't mention that! :oops: ).

Nice easy journey home, so actually managed to make it in for work at 6am this morning! :evil: :roll:

See some of you at Spiky methinks! ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

:evil: :evil:

I'm thinking i am gonna have to stay away from TBB full time so as not to get jealous and hacked off cos i have to miss all these tournaments!!!!!!

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hardly our fault your Welsh. ;)

But yeah, we need to see you more Rob, you make us all fel so much better about ourselves, plus EG was lost with no-one to save! :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

yeah what the hell happened there, where was you!?!?!

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

I was entertaining the new grandparents who had come over to see their new grandson :cry: :cry:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I must admit to being absolutely delighted to be such a lucky lucky coach. My noble gobbos (2 trolls, Nobbla, Bomba, 11 valiant gobbos, 3 rerolls and 2 fans) took on the best London had to offer and came up trumps.

First game was Luke with a formidable Khemri team. Luke is a great coach who finished 5th and this was a really tough game. The crucial score was during the 1st half when, with the ball loose in the middle of a scrum, I managed to half dice push a skeleton onto the ball. After about a million catch attempts by various Mummies, Skeletons and Gobbos I caught the ball and scampered away for a 1-0 lead. Second half Luke made some progress. Bomba targeted the square next to the ball carrying Blitz-Ra and luckily was accurate and the ball bounced into his square knocking him over and leaving the ball unprotected. That was the end of my luck though since I failed the dodge to the ball and he managed to recover. Pushing for the win Luke got double one GFIing into the end zone. That gave me one last chance for glory, but I failed the 4+ pickup and he finally cleared the surrounding goblins and recovered the ball for a well deserved equaliser.

Second up was McSnaga and his fur balls. 4 Gutter Runners meant the strengths were more or less equal and somehow I'd managed to get the lead. After a double skull he managed to turnover the ball and recover with a gutter runner who sprinted out of range and was destined for the equaliser. The break tackle troll, in a moment of inspiration, dodged out and tossed Nobbla most of the way to the GR. Nobbla managed to nail the landing and ran up and stunned the runner. McSnaga had a last chance of tieing, but failed the pickup and I'd won. Then Bomba, ran over to the ball and threw it to a gobbo. Inaccurate! but the ball scattered back onto the intended receiver who caught it, handed off to a marked gobbo who caught it and dodged away for a thoroughly undeserved third.

Last game on Saturday was Torpor with his reroll free Dark Elves. That doesn't sound too bad until you realise you are up against 6 block, two of whom have dodge as well. Things started very badly with my Captain taking on his head to head. Using pro I rerolled a double push (with the DP waiting in the wings...) and managed double skulls. I don't really remember what happened next, except that 3 turns later half the elves were either casualties or KO'd (including both witches and two blitzers) and the rest of the game the gobbos managed to take an easy 2-0 win.

2 wins and a draw at the half way mark seemed remarkable. I was convinced Sunday would be different (table 3!) as the top tables seemed to be dominated by bash who could easily squash my gobbos. First up was Darkson who predicted a 3-0 loss for his necros. The game started badly for both of us. Bomba's first of the game was intercepted by a Zombie in a TZ who then threw it back, killing him. Simon just couldn't pickup or catch the ball. Finally I managed to mark a ghoul and prayed for a bit of luck. Overconfident Darkson moved all the cover forward and attempted the dodge - double twos and the ball was loose and the gobbos took an unlikely 1-0 lead. Second half Nobbla proved his effectiveness removing a werewolf and the DP chipped in with 4 more cas making it and impossible job for the Necros, 2-0 followed and then a loose ball and a chucked gobbo got a 3rd at the death.

Now it was table 2. My luck just couldn't hold any longer and Firebreather's Chaos Dwarves (6 dwarves...) were sure to correct things. He chose to kick - and an excellent choice it turned out to be as he got a blitz, bag loads of pressure and I just kept rolling skulls and 1's. Nobbla fell over going for it to blitz the hobgob who then scored the 1st. Ah well, maybe I could recover. Pitch Invasion - with fewer fans the gobbo team all just rolled over to have their bellies tickled. More pressure and it was 2-0 after 4 turns. Well, I'd had a good run and loads of fun. Then the miracle. Finally I managed to get a gobbo into his half, then a chuck went wrong with a failed landing. The ball was double marked, as was the gobbo - but with nothing else to do in the half I went for it, made the 3 dodges, a 5+ pickup, and 2 GFIs for a one back at the half. Second half Steve managed to quad skull a blitz on a hapless gobbo with the ball still lying on the ground in double coverage. A bomb seemed appropriate and it cas'd both players - the DP hobgob and a CD. Steve then failed his apoth and I recovered the ball and caged up. A bit of tooing and froing later I managed to scramble free to nick a second and draw the game - while his team got badly beaten up. Still Steve had a few turns to receive and score. A touchback didn't help matters and he ran a sideline cage. In sprinted a little guy who half dice blocked the bull and got a push (into the crowd) and a both down. Steve still managed to recover but the same trick put the Hobgob into the crowd and the ball deep into his half. Sprinting up field I recovered and made the 3rd TD in turn 15. Obviously put off by this awful turn of events Steve forgot about the one turn potential and ignored the ball - allowing me to attempt the one turner which I converted for a remarkable 4-2 win.

A quick check round the other tables and OMG - Goblins in the last game and if I won I would win the coveted Carnage trophy. Dan Titan is another great coach - and reigning Blood Bowl champion. Norse are one of the worst teams for me to face - and since he knew I was his opponent he could take two tackles for the last game. The prospect wasn't good - but I'd been a lucky bugger all weekend so why not now. Things started off really badly. After 4 turns Bomba injured, both trolls KO'd and only 5 gobbos on the pitch as Dan walked in what looked like being the first of many. One troll returned and I was forced to field Nobbla to make 11. However the drive didn't go too badly but his remorseless removal of my "up field" gobbos left loads of pressure and I couldn't move forward. However I managed to get a couple of gobbos in scoring range - but Nobbla failed to break Av7 and the hand off looking awkward. Even so I got there made the hand off but failed - only requiring 2 GFIs with Sure Feet to equalise. With only one troll for the 2nd half things started slowly and quickly turned to mush as Dan forced me down the side then trapped me in a nasty sideline squash. The ball popped loose and his captain made off with the ball. Dan made his only mistake of the game - blitzing Nobbla, failing to break armour but then forgetting, allowing him to get up again and blitz a second time. The ball came loose but was still in double coverage - but one noble chap dodged in, picked it up and sprinted down field. His few remaining team mates ran to the rescue and a primitive screen was established allowing them to hold off the Norse for an improbably draw which turned out to be just enough to squeeze me into 2nd place.

That was the most fun I've ever had at a tournament and a huge thanks must go to all my opponents who must of got sick of the chanting and cursing as my little guys ran in TDs or knocked themselves out. Indigo & Sue did a great job organising it and I'm delighted with my runner up prize which Richy (who's Orcs won best painted) did a great job with.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

NAF rankings are now in, let me know over PM or preferably mail me at david.candlish@cibc.co.uk if you have any problems.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Mine look fine (well, better than that, seeing as I gained 10 pts and made #4 necro in the UK :lol: ).

Just worked out that my final game was my 50th NAF game. :o
Couple more years and I might break 100.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Mine's good, just 1 point short of DaScum now :D

And my gobbos have a better ranking than my 'zons. Should I be embarrased or proud?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

I was robbed! I'm not the worst Vampire coach :wink:

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Oi! A surprising final rank of #15 with Dark Elfs for me... My tourney rating even increased by 1.65 :D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Nice to have met you in person as well Narc. Shame we (I) couldn't find a bit more time to have spoken to you over the weekend.

Maybe next time. ;)

Oh, and thanks for the figs. :)

Levinas
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Levinas »

I'd like to echo the thanks to Indigo and Mrs Indigo for organising a brilliant weekend. I'm definately hoping to be back next year :D .

And thanks to everyone I played, all great fun.

Now all I want to see is a results chart that credits me the right amount of points :wink: . My fault for rushing off and not handing in my last match report card.. :oops:

My blog: http://wd-92.blogspot.co.uk/