Next time I come for la win !!! :wink:

Reason: ''
Next time I win !!!
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Quick-ish summary of my nightmare -

Round 1 vs Dave (Khemri).
He recieved. Beat the crap out of my team. Scored.
I recieved. He got Perfect D and beat the crap out of my team.
I received again. Wahat was left of my team fought valiantly but weight of numbers told.

Round 2 vs Longshot (Humans).
Longshot got rid of a couple of players early and made the man advantage count. He had good dice, a couple of perfect Ds and played flawless BB. Don't think the result fully reflects the game, but I can't complain about losing. I played like crap.

Round 3 vs Sputnik (Orcs).
Cris had two casulties before I even got to pick up the dice. This was a true battle - especially with the ref got by both teams (both of us rolling double 6s!). Both of us go break armour on virtually every block, but with little lasting damage.
I went 2-1 up after about three turns of the second half, but Orcs having AV9 and 2 guys with Mighty Blow (we'll not count the troll, who spent most of the game staring at his feet) started taking their toll on Av7.
Recieving with seven men at 2-2...a second Blitz. Argh...holding on suddenly got a lot harder. Cris dice desert him for a couple of rounds, so my Ag4 blitzer gets two shots at picking up the ball to (in all liklihood) earn me the draw. Guess what happened. Cris made the rolls and scored a winner at the death. Gutted.

Round 4 vs Yavatol (Skaven).
Recieve at last. Get stymied by a sidestepping gutter runner. Things go pear shaped. Enter the Gutters, I'm 1 down.
Try again. Scored with a tactic I'd tried out on Cris, that shouldn't have worked. Joris was paranoid about mr AG4 methinks (he nearly pulled off a stop, but luck left him at the last).
Brilliant coaching...he gets the reroll and it proves crucial for taking the lead before the half. I had two shots at his ball carrier with two dice, with a player with Tackle. Did it help? did it hell. Just to add insult to injury my Tackle guy got BHd by the audience.
Recieveing, Yavatol takes a 3-1 lead early in the third on further Gutter Runner shenanigans (one of those things...if they make the rolls you can't stop them).
I push for a second...Ag4 blitzer has to stop 1 square short of scoring. Strip Ball GR gets him. Ball into the crowd. Bounces nine squares away. Ag4 guy makes the rolls and gets the ball....again on the goal line but this time wide open. Gutter Runner shenanigans nearly get another, but I pull off a stop and get a consolation TD.
Gutted to have lost again. I think a draw would have been fair.
(My complete inability to injure Skaven at tournaments continues)

Game 5 vs Coen (Khemri).

Two against cas on the first two blocks again. The skeleton DP comes up and gets another.
I take my shot at the DP, knock him over and stick the boot in for the only non-GtR time all weekend. Sent off.
The Khemri spend the rest of the first half wiping the floor with whats left.
Start of the second half I receive and my six remaining players (all my KOs came back) score a quick one.
He recieves. get the ref. I end up with 1 player on pitch.
Blood Bowl is only fun when two guys get to play.
Easily the least fun game of all time.

Thanks to everyone. I had as much fun as you can have while getting your arse handed to you. Sorry if I was a grumpy barsteward. Sunday night was class though.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

so what are you bringing next year thads ?

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Way to go Dave! :D

Thads, I've been there. I'm sorry man. Drinking helps. :cry:

Have fun!
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

oh .. he sure did that ;-)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Next year is between Ogres, Orcs and Chaos Dwarfs (assuming I get around to painting them). Maybe even Necros seeing as they are apropriate colours...

We'll see in nine months or so.

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Brutal Thadrin. :( Don't be ashamed if you cried. :wink:

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

After Thads being my bogey player at the first 2 Tulips..I have little sympathy..sorry mate... :P

Congrats Dave...

Next year mofo's...next year....

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

didn't you say that last year? :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Here's a quick rundown of my matches

Round 1 against Longshot wih Humans
Opened my cage to discover I didn't bring my Skaven team, so rushed home to get it. So we start 20 minutes late, but dig in for an interesting match and match-up. After the weather changes from very sunny to sweltering heat I break his first drive and score late in the first half. Then in the second half he breaks my drive and scores late. One all being the final score, neither of scoring on his own drive. Quite funny as we both are pretty good scorers and would be running for most touchdowns in the end. And we were still one of the first games to finish.

Round 2 against Tim with Ogres (aka snotlings)
I win the toss, receive and score a quick touchdown. Then the Ogre who was supposed to pick up the ball boneheads, and I am all over him. With tackle zones on the ball it is only a matter of time before I pick it up and score again. During the second half he starts wearing down my team, but it is to late and I win 3-1.

Round 3 against Norse with Amazon.
He tried real hard to beat me but his dice did not help at all. Nor did the heat in the legendz help Norse think straight. He makes two mistakes which I both convert into a touchdown. I win 3-1.

Round 4 against Thadrin with Norse
At this point only Longshot is one TD ahead of me. He beat Thads 4-0 so I try to d better. With all the early dice-rolls going my way I take a quick 2-0 lead. But then Thadrin starts rolling better and gets back in the game. Although he has no real chance of winning he fights back to 3-2.

Round 5 against Daryl with Pro-Elves
Longshot and I are tied for most TDs. He draws Djengis with Goblins, and I draw Daryl. Both can be quite high scoring games. Daryl starts and scores a quick 1-0. Then I make a mistake and find myself 2-0 down. Score 2-1 but cannot a third touchdown for 3-1. In the last turn of the first half I fail the final go for it into the end zone. At least I receive at the start of the second. I get the ref an early TD and a blitz right after so all of a sudden Daryl is 2 man down and the score is 3 all. He manages to score 4-3 but cannot stop me from getting 4-4 and than in a mad last dash towards the ball which I kicked real deep I managed to pull off a 5-4 win in the end. I am not complaining. 4 wins, 1 draw and most TDs.

During the awards ceremony Lucy and Norse pull my strings by handing out the most TDs to Daryl, 'cause I also came in 3rd and got a price for that. Haha, very funny when your trying to collect as many most TD as you can. :P :D Later the most TD goes to Longshot (who Lucy and Norse overlooked)

And oh, interesting trivia: Dave and Coen stayed at my place. And we finished 1,2 and 3. I am not telling what I put in my morning tea, though...

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Yavatol wrote:And oh, interesting trivia: Dave and Coen stayed at my place. And we finished 1,2 and 3. I am not telling what I put in my morning tea, though...
Can I stay at your place next year?? :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yavatol wrote:
Round 3 against Norse with Amazon.
He tried real hard to beat me but his dice did not help at all. Nor did the heat in the legendz help Norse think straight. He makes two mistakes which I both convert into a touchdown. I win 3-1.
two mistakes?? :-? I am still kicking myself over the first half pushback error, schoolboy screwup, but you live and learn... but what was the other one.. not picking Tackle on a Blitzer? :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

I thought the pushback was in the second half. Maybe the first time wasn't a mistake but just bad dice. Cannot really remember. Oh right. I do. It involved an AG4 amazon and a 'safe' dodge IRCC.
You just didn't have the dice to win the game.
We all know you know how to play bloodbowl, don't we

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

my dice were silly all weekend... 6s or 1s... you and Valen got the 1s.. the rest had no chance...

ah, I remember the second mistake now.. I moved my thrower into the line of my blitz.. meaning I had to make an extra dodge which I failed...

as I said, live and learn....

playing BB in a sauna is hard work though.. :lol:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Norse wrote:not picking Tackle on a Blitzer? :roll:
I did and look what it got me.