Chaos Cup 2005

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Grumbledook wrote: I hope to make it next year, don't believe anyone has done all 4 majors yet
I'm close...I'm just missing the Spike!Magazine.

I did the Chaos Cup in 2003
the Bloodbowl in 2004
and the Dungeonbowl in 2005

....so I guess next year it'll be the Spike!Magazine

Reason: ''
Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Majortusk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Majortusk »

Nazgit wrote:How many tournaments have you been to in England? :wink:
I will eventually. just so expensive. gonna need to do alot more than just play BB when i get out there. I do plan on trying to make the Blood Bowl soon.

plus its not the fact of the tournament details thats not holding me back, finances is what is holding me back.

Chaos Cup is fine exactly where it is. and I am happy the chicago folks are lending so much support. If you want to have a chance to get some stuff there, you should make the trip. :)

Andy Welton
[url=http://www.bloodbowlcentral.com]Blood Bowl Central[/url]
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Well there are certainly some very cool incentives for next year...

I was joking with Gav about his visit this year (it's a British thing, you have to slate your mates a bit :roll: :P ) but I'm a bit jealous now. Well it will certainly take some planning (and saving!!! :o ) but it is much more of a possibility for next year now :D .

:-?
Hmm, that makes me seem very 'prize-grabbing' doesn't it? Well I've never won anything at a BB tourney so it would be nice to start a trend ( :roll: ) in a different country 8) .

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Put a photo album together
http://photobucket.com/albums/v506/Xtre ... Chaos-Cup/
I know i'm not a good photographer but they are pictures.
I'm missing some as well I know I took more then that. May add more later when I find out which ones I missed.

ImageImage
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Nice pics X. :D

Looks a purdy good venue.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

GalakStarscraper wrote: But they have already agreed on the date for next year and they are going to offer the same 1st prize next year and with the double NAF points as well ... I'm hoping the tournament breaks 30 to 40 players next year ... we'll see.

Galak
what's the date? I think the time frame is bad for most people in the US. Most people are traveling for thanksgiving and the holidays and a November tourney puts too much impact on them. Also like VTdoogie said in another thread, it's football season and many alumni go to their college games or watching pro games. A summer tourney in the June time frame when people aren't in school and such would be best I think.

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Majortusk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Majortusk »

Andy Welton
[url=http://www.bloodbowlcentral.com]Blood Bowl Central[/url]
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Grumbledook wrote:I hope to make it next year, don't believe anyone has done all 4 majors yet
I am hoping to attempt that next year, in one year.

I am currently in Stanstead Airport, so only have a breif moment to post, but basically it was a great weekend and I will definatley be back next year.

I will post tommorrow with more

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

gken1 wrote:Also like VTdoogie said in another thread, it's football season and many alumni go to their college games or watching pro games.
Anyone who would not make time to go to a BB tournament instead of a weekend football game is going to find great reasons to not go the the BB tournament any other time of year as well. I know football fanatics ... and all of them miss games for events they consider important enough.

Galak

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Just looking - If Spike (late Nov) is on the same time next year then I might try to do all 4 majors in the same year (same team as well). Dungeonbowl (if it's not 70E!!), BB, Chaos Cup, travel for a bit, Spike. Only thing is that I would miss the Eurobowl :cry:

Hmm......... where's that piggy bank???

Valen

Post by Valen »

Why would you miss it? Fly to Chicago, Chaos Cup, Fly to Europe, Eurobowl, fly to Canada, Spike, easy done :lol:

match reports when I get home tonight I promise :wink: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Valen

Post by Valen »

When are the rankings going to be up Galak

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

lucifer wrote:Just looking - If Spike (late Nov) is on the same time next year then I might try to do all 4 majors in the same year (same team as well). Dungeonbowl (if it's not 70E!!), BB, Chaos Cup, travel for a bit, Spike. Only thing is that I would miss the Eurobowl :cry:

Hmm......... where's that piggy bank???
I'm pretty sure they intend to move the Spike back to the spring next year. Not postive though.

ImageImage
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

That's what Cam said at DeathBowl...

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Valen

Post by Valen »

That may make it impossible for me to all the majors in one year then, I have the Dungeonbowl in March and the Blood Bowl in May so if the Spike was in Spring I think that mybe to much all at once, I was hoping it would be around August/September then the 4 are nicely seperated