Albion Winter Warmer 2506, 22nd January 2006 (TBC)

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Albion Winter Warmer 2506, 22nd January 2006 (TBC)

Post by Emberbreeze »

Long winter months with little Bloodbowl and too many relatives visiting? Why not come along to the Albion Winter Warmer to get away from it all?

The Albion Winter Warmer is an idea for a 1 day tournament played using the PBBL (or Experimental Vault) rules for Bloodbowl.

4 or 5 games will be played during the day/evening using the current version of the PBBL rules at the time of the tournament. (Expected to be V1.10) The tournament will have a maximum of 10 places available (although would be viable with as few as 6) and will most likely be held in the Farnborough area.

Team will progress using league rules and casualties, skills and SPP will carry over from one game to the next. The impact of a damaging game will hopefully be lessened by the use of inducements. Star players can be induced during the tournament.

The idea is to find a very cheep or free venue (possibly my flat, or another house) and play Bloodbowl all day collecting some hopefully useful experience with the PBBL rules, league style tournaments and having a good time drinking a beer or two. Entry will be minimal, bring beer and take-away menus.

Anyone interested?

Reason: ''
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

The plan is for it to be held in late January (so the date is TBC) after the chaos of Christmas has subsided and to try and cram as many games as possible into a single day so as to not wipe out a whole weekend.

Organisation should be a minimum, I just need enough people to play and a venue with room for 3-5 pitches. I might even be able to sneak an Albion Coast Cup trophy in as the prize ;-)

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Count me in :D

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

well that is 3 as Venomous is interested too. Still just an idea, so details will firm up in the next couple of months.

Valen

Post by Valen »

One question, where the hell is Farnborough?? :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Sprout_man
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sprout_man »

I'm a possibility. Are the Wodell chaps not up for it?

Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

So who's running the show if you are playing?

(See discussion of rosters and slow games at the ACC)

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

well depends how many people are there, I'll probably have a league manager so everyone can input thier own results with the person they played against and update the roster. hopefully everyone there will be trust worthy and only a max of 10 people to worry about. 30min between games should be enough to enter 5 results

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Ben and Simon are "Wodell chaps" but I 'spect the rest of us will be there too.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Valen

Post by Valen »

Oh hang on you didnt say there would be any good players there :lol: :lol:

Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Valen said
Oh hang on you didnt say there would be any good players there
Depending upon the crowd it would mean that if I attended I would meet a different group of lower table players. :lol:

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I might be interested, need some "proper" feedback on PBBL so I can argue with Galak and Doubleskulls! :lol:

Saturday or a Sunday?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

rapidly reaching 10 players :)
Darkson wrote:Saturday or a Sunday?
TBD

Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

I'm interested.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

ok, possible list of people interested

Emberbreeze
Fubar
Sproutman
Venomous Breath
Valen
Torpor
Woody
Longfang
Darkson
Geggster

Well thats 10! So what I'll do is leave things for a few weeks, tie down a venue and a date and make a few more plans and then post in the tournament postings forum.

If you are interested in coming then you can still post here, but I don't think a house/flat will be able to host more than 5 tables.

At least I know some people are interested :)