Watching the Big Tournaments’ finals

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Harry Kerry

Watching the Big Tournaments’ finals

Post by Harry Kerry »

I would love to watch some of the Big Tournaments’ finals.
So, - I don’t know if it has been done before – I think it will be cool if we could have some PBEM files of the finals of the big tournaments.
Someone watching the game could use a laptop to write it in the PBEM tool.

Do you think it could be possible to do such a thing?
Would someone else be interested by that?
And, most important: do you think that this kind of match is really more interesting to watch than any ordinary BB match?

Reason: ''
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

It would be very interesting to play a final back on the PBeM tool, but I think it would be impossible without interfering with the playing of the game. At the Bloodbowl 04 the final was on the big screen in Bugmans Bar, although everything was so small you couldn't see much going on

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

The idea is very nice, but only if it is not interrupting the actual play. Which I do not think is really feasable...

Also, it starts sounding a little to professional for my tastes. It is only a game after all...

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

What if someone just setup a video camera and then later on that night put it all in the PBEM tool? Sounds pretty easy to pull off, I may even try it out for the Zlurpee Bowl.

ImageImage
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Yavatol wrote: Also, it starts sounding a little to professional for my tastes. It is only a game after all...
That is the whole idea about. It started when everyone wears a mesh of their team. A Hat which suits his team colors or show his NAF standings. And now even better to see on the NAF site when, whom and how you played against someone. It is like real soccer/football/baseball only with yourself on the trading card. :D

So yes I want my DVD "Missfits of Blood Bowl 2004" and the other one "Most horrible Go For its 2004 and 2005" :P

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Filming the movements of the players wouldn't be that big a problem. A couple of webcams set around the pitch should be able to deal with that. Webcams have gotten small enough to be reasonable for this sort of thing. Recording die rolls might be a bit more difficult. Not sure how the people in the final would like being recorded though.

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
Harry Kerry

Post by Harry Kerry »

Xtreme wrote:What if someone just setup a video camera and then later on that night put it all in the PBEM tool? Sounds pretty easy to pull off, I may even try it out for the Zlurpee Bowl.
It would be great! And in this way, there is enough time to add silly comments in the log. :D
(like in the chess game reports).

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

What we need are just two smartasses like Jim and Bob. They can talk themselves around everything.

And the comments have the tendency to walk off to some general issues. Like Tech Forums where Windows and Linux geeks only wait for an answer of the other group.

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Hehe, I can just see it coaches trying to think while constantly Jim and Bob are constantly commenting on their every move :)

Jim: He's scratching his head.
Bob: Now he's frowning.
Jim: He's shouting SHUT UP! now.
Bob: His face is getting red
etc...

Nuffle Sucks!