Dutch Open, Amsterdam 4-5 Februari

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

What's the best place to park our cars Saturday? And can somebody tell what parkingrates to expect for the weekend?

Thanks in advance!

Reason: ''
m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
Mauz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mauz »

Last time it was 12 euros for a day, but the rate goes up 2 euro's every year. Beware you can only pay with coins (no creditcard, no chip, no paper, no shiney objects).

And you can park in the same street as the venue.

Naf Coach 'Mole'

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Have fun guys. Wish i could be there. Hope to make it next year.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

P.S., some one sink the frenchies boat!!! :wink:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

Any news?

Sqar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sqar »

Still no news... :(

Heads I win, Tails You Lose
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Just texted one or two of them but guess they must be mid game 4 by now!

UtakHai
Veteran
Veteran

Post by UtakHai »

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

The Dutch Open was great fun, I would highly recoommend that anyone who hasn't gone yet, to go next year. There may have been a few less people this year, but you didn't really notice, it was a great tournament. Kudos to Lucy, Niels, and the rest (who I can't remember their names, sorry) who organisec the event, job well done.
i had a great time, equalled my record from last year but did manage to stay up on table 1 for 2 rounds instead of just one like last year (proving it wasn't just a fluke) :wink: q Finished a bit higher in the overall rankings compared to last year, but did manage to win Most CAS award (playing dwarves).
Cheers to the English crew (Paul, Simon, ian, Aaron, and Ricky....hey I remembered everyone's names :wink: ) who let me and Draco hang out with them on saturday night (was that Tram 2 or 7 we had to catch.....nevermind :wink: ).
I will post my pics from the tourney when I get back home, leave tomorrow so will probably get it done on tuesday.
Might see you all next year 9hopefully) Everyone have a safe journey back home. 8)

GO STAMPEDERS!
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Finding back home after another great tournament weekend.

Thanks to all my opponents for 5 great games.
And of course it was a lot of fun to see a lot of well known coaches again and to have some drinks with them at the evenings pubs. :D

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Vinz D.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vinz D. »

*grins*... For a change actually won some games and managed to reach 37th position out of the 82 participants, managing not to lose from some opponents that were ranked much higher on the NAF then me. Had a blast during the weekend, so cheers to all my opponents for the great matches! I'll most definitely will keep the first weekend of February open for the DO of next year. :lol:

Greetz

P.S.:
For those interested in a long read, my tournament report can be read here.

"Goblin aficionado and collector of Wooden Spoons"
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Did they issue Dutch Open boards like last year?

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

nope .. dugouts (or dutchouts)

kadu-c

Post by kadu-c »

I'll try to post a pic today of these nice dugouts. :)

Well great week-end although I caught the flu... :-?
Ended 23rd with Norse for my 1st tournament with them (3 wins, 2 loss).

Thanks to the organisation team who made a good job as usual. :)
I'll be there again next year.

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Well what a great weekend!! :D

Another tourney for me to Yo-Yo through, think I will need to take a Wood Elf roster without a Treeman next event, see if I can make that one work better... I came 39th out of 82 so overall happy with my results (2/1/2) even if my rNAF rating eneded up going down a little.

Reference points for me on the weekend (in no particular order):

*Finding out that there is a bar named after me not 10 mins from our hotel and then not having the time to visit it :) :roll:

*Winning my 1st game on the Saturday morning 6-2 (Sorry Festen :-? 8) )

*Lossing my 3rd game on the Saturday 6-1 (Thanks Gorbad :evil: :) )

Handing Old Man Monkey his worst NAF defeat ever (sorry mate, it was Nuffle who screwed you, not me :-? :wink: )

*Getting to play both of the furthest travelled coaches at the tourney (thanks Torg and OMM, two completely different playing styles, a loss and a win and both good players 8) )

*Having fun at many Dutch cash machines :roll: (3 credit cards with me and none of them are working just before the Superbowl?!?!?!? Noooo....)

*Having the barmaid Sarla look after us from 9pm until 4.30am on the Sunday and doing a great job (she even translated some Dutch about the Superbowl for us, what great personality that girl has... :wink: :wink: )

*Watching Geggester getting to know the locals a bit better at Cafe 96 :lol: :P

*Making the journey to Cafe 96 from house 450 both nights :o :roll:

*Attempting to motivate Stick to go out on the Sunday night when he was back in bed having his 'siesta' - 'No, go away', 'Just five more minutes'... :P :lol:

...and probably loads more that my fuzzy memory cannot recall at the moment. I was very disappointed at not being there last year but this year was a great laugh and I'm so happy I was able to make it. Hugh vot of thanks to Neils, Lucy, and all for organising such a famous and cool event, thanks to Stick for booking possibly the worst hotel in the world (but it was cheap and had four walls and a roof so that's all we really needed anyway) and thanks to everyone to attended. Truly the best way to start the BB year even if it has already started, it feels like i has properly started after the DO!!!!!

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Well, as usual, the greatest way to start the tournament season!

The same great atmosphere, environment, fellowship, coach level and fun as ever.

Big thanks to Lucy, Niels and their crew to make it possible once again, thanks to all the UK crew for the great sunday evening, thanks to Jimbo for... being Jimbo, thanks to Yohann for being "mon capitain", thanks to all my opponents for the great and funny matches I had (yes, also and especially to Davidus, who bashing and destroying my team prevented me to the "back-to-back" after a perfect day 1, but really deserves the title), thanks to Donovan for the tip on where to watch the superbowl, thanks to Devin Hester for the greatest SB start ever (but then only squib kick, so Indy got the easy win :cry: ), thanks the waitress who translate for me the football article (and I saw Aran watching at her... "personality - I was staring as well :lol: ), thanks to the spanish guys (it's always fiesta with them), thanks to Sputnik for giving us the opportunity to joke at him at least once, playing match 5 at table 40 (of 41), thanks to Norse and Impact, and thanks to everyone else I forgot... you know, I have memory problems...

See you next year, definately. New edition, new race.

Panico

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner