Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

lutherblue
Rookie
Rookie

Dwarves or Humans at first Tournament

Post by lutherblue »

Hello,
I have both a dwarf and a human team which are painted and ready to go. However i am not sure which to bring to my first tournament. I will be attending the Zlurpee bowl shortly and was wondering which performs best in a tournament environment?

Cheers,
Bert

Reason: ''
lowsman2
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lowsman2 »

Hi

I'd use the humans. Dwarves are all about careful positioning to make up for your lack of movement, and not suitable for your first tournament. You are likely to get stuffed in a couple of the games with the dwarves simply down to inexperience. Humans are a more forgiving team, and I think you'll enjoy the tournament more with them.

Good luck!

Richard

Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

My gut feel would to recommend Humans over Dwarves for the reasons that Lowsman said. Also, Humans have a ready made cheat sheet that comes with the boxed game to refer to if you are uncertain of how difficult a particular action would be or need reminding of skills. The place to look for possible rosters and so forth would be under Tactics and Team Development.

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

It also depends on how experienced the coach is. I tourney newbie doesn't necessarily have to be a BB newbie. If he has already played in a league with dwarves and he feels comfortable with them I'd take dwarves over humans.

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de